U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:22 PM

13,355 posts, read 11,040,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
There it is. After demonizing the left, educated people and those who don't salute Big Business, he tells us demonizing is a "cheap shot". And a "cheap shot" at people like NVplumber. Personalize things much? It isn't about you and it isn't about demonizing her. It's about her qualifications to be either Vice President or President. Are you suggesting that you are qualified for either role because, after all, she's just like you?

Projecting from the right again.
Take things out of context to suit your own agenda much? You know , damn well what I meant by the statement you bolded, and If it's OK for elitist lefties to toss the contempt ball around, well what good for the goose ya know Cherry picking and spinning, nice try but fail, yet again, to show anyone how much more 'intelligent' that being and 'educated person' automatically makes you. At any rate , just in case you actually are ignorant about my statement(which I highly doubt) "people like me" means people who actually see Sarah Palin as representitave of our views, and like what she represents. That covers a lot of ground, but if you want to spin it as an attempt to single myself out in some way, feel free. What I actually WANT to say, is verboten under TOS, but you can use your highly active imagination and , no doubt, come up with something close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,796,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Take things out of context to suit your own agenda much? You know , damn well what I meant by the statement you bolded,
What are you talking about? I quoted the whole post keeping it entirely within context. Do you understand what "out of context" means? And I assumed you meant what you said. Didn't you? If you didn't, I am totally clueless about what I was suppose to take from it. I'm a liberal, I don't have the same skills at misreading and reading things into comments that the righties have.

Quote:
and If it's OK for elitist lefties to toss the contempt ball around, well what good for the goose ya know Cherry picking and spinning, nice try but fail, yet again, to show anyone how much more 'intelligent' that being and 'educated person' automatically makes you. At any rate , just in case you actually are ignorant about my statement(which I highly doubt) "people like me" means people who actually see Sarah Palin as representitave of our views, and like what she represents. That covers a lot of ground, but if you want to spin it as an attempt to single myself out in some way, feel free. What I actually WANT to say, is verboten under TOS, but you can use your highly active imagination and , no doubt, come up with something close.
Huh?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:17 PM

20,363 posts, read 12,992,868 times
It was all made up again. They must think we are all stupid.

JammieWearingFool

From the site-----

"Surprise.

The last thing you might find odd in the video is that while they talk about an angry mob, and cite numbers of up to 300 people who didn't get their book signed, once again the local reporter says it was a few dozen."

Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 PM

12,298 posts, read 7,444,214 times
Palin Apologizes After Noblesville Book-Signing - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Here's an article that comes out of an Indianapolis TV station that reported 300 people....that's pretty close to where the book signing took place. The video certainly shows more than "a few dozen."

Old 11-24-2009, 11:06 PM

20,363 posts, read 12,992,868 times
Well WTH, those who didn't get their book signed got a book plate that was signed and they were able to take their book back. I say they got a good deal.

What does this thread say about Palin though except she is popular and many people want to see her and talk to her. They take the day off and stand in line for hours. No one would blame a celebrity if they can't talk to everybody and their paper said Borders did not guarantee everybody would be able to get a signed book.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:10 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,549,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
This just in from Fox News regarding the incident..

The crowd, estimated at just under 100,000 cheered wildly after Sarah took the time to greet each and every fan, and signed every book"
LoL, 100,000 people at 1 minute each to sign a book would take over 1,600 hours to do...or ~70 days. Talk about delusions of reality.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:24 AM

4,658 posts, read 5,383,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, 100,000 people at 1 minute each to sign a book would take over 1,600 hours to do...or ~70 days. Talk about delusions of reality.
Shhhh. It's dangerous, injecting mathematics (a science, after all) into this discussion. That's merely the basis for a twisted lefty version of a Palin moment.

Dobbs/Palin 2012 - we're now entering the Twilight Zone.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:10 PM

61,969 posts, read 31,350,374 times
Palin / H. Clinton - 2012

Old 11-25-2009, 12:15 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,585,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Palin / H. Clinton - 2012
Balance estrogen with testosterone?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,585,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Shhhh. It's dangerous, injecting mathematics (a science, after all) into this discussion. That's merely the basis for a twisted lefty version of a Palin moment.

Dobbs/Palin 2012 - we're now entering the Twilight Zone.
Lou Dobbs is not a natural born citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies