U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:43 AM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,556,386 times
Reputation: 4016

Advertisements

OMG you people are sad individuals. Propping up the straw-man again because the current administration is stumbling right and left. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:44 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,867,711 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Palin did what was best for her state since the disgusting left wingers were interfering with her ability to do her job and costing the state millions. All because of their fear and jealousy of her. On the other hand we have a con man as president that isn't even through his first year and is already realizing the public is turning against him daily. His vast ego could not take a defeat so he is putting the hints out. What a colossal loser!
Lets be fair, Palin did what was best for her state, and herself.

She realised it was stupid and foolish to continue to put her state through the expense to defend her actions while also giving up the chance to profit from her popularity..

Not stating she was right or wrong in her decision, but obviously profit is a very strong motivator to move from one job to another..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:45 AM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,556,386 times
Reputation: 4016
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I have been to big book distributor conventions where hundreds of authors show up to sell their books to distributors (not open to the public). If you spend all day waiting in line to get a signature, and times up. Tough.. Its industry standard. Consumers expected to comply with book standards, unreasonable, but that doesnt mean the author is to blame for an oversell.

Just another liberal attack based upon nonsense..
I wonder if these folks get angry at or have ever been waiting in a long line to get tickets to a show and then when they get close the ticket seller closes it's window and they're left in the dust with no tickets and some sore legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:47 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,971,107 times
Reputation: 6156
Default Palin's book: "Alaskans do not engage in the aerial hunting of wolves"

'Fact: Aerial hunting of wolves takes place in Alaska under program supported by Palin

'On May 19, 2008, the Anchorage Daily News reported that "[p]ilot-gunner teams" had "taken 124 wolves".... In 2007, Palin introduced a bill to "simplify and clarify Alaska's intensive management law for big game and the state's 'same day airborne hunting' law".... [in 2007] Palin supported "a $400,000 appropriation to educate Alaskans about the aerial shooting of wolves and efforts to reduce bears in some areas."'

Rogue Fact: Palin misleads on aerial hunting | Media Matters for America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,273 posts, read 7,404,255 times
Reputation: 7088
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
She is not. Sarah is paid for her appearance to drum up book sales, (not just hers, but to bring in foot traffic to the store). She has no control over the number of bands sold. She would receive a % of each sale, but the numbers are not dictated by her, they are dictated by the organization who organizes the appearance, in this case Borders..
Yes, she does. When you work out the details of your book promotion tour, you agree to stop a given number of locations, agreeing either to sign books x-number of hours per stop or x-number of books per stop. The wristband method used at each of her two stops so far indicates she agreed to sign x-number of books per stop. It's contractual. If she was only going to sign until a certain time, then that time should/would have been clearly posted and there would be no excuse for hard feelings on the part of her fans.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-21-2009 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:49 AM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,765,594 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lets be fair, Palin did what was best for her state, and herself.

She realised it was stupid and foolish to continue to put her state through the expense to defend her actions while also giving up the chance to profit from her popularity..

Not stating she was right or wrong in her decision, but obviously profit is a very strong motivator to move from one job to another..

I don't think Palin would have left her job if not for the interferance. She was after all the highest rated governer in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:53 AM
 
1,064 posts, read 865,153 times
Reputation: 402
Is anyone else reminded of a feeding frenzy? You know, sharks just circle around, waiting for a morsel. One drops, and BAM! "Palin cuts and runs!" Followed by rapid and rabid postings, full of name-calling, snarky comments, everyone eager to get their two cents in.

And when the thread turns out to have nothing to do with reality, they drift back, just waiting for the next morsel. "Palin apologized!!" And the feeding frenzy starts anew.

Like I said...pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 10:04 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,867,711 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Yes, she does. When you work out the details of your book promotion tour, you agree to stop a given number of locations, agreeing either to sign books x-number of hours per stop or x-number of books per stop. The wristband method used at each of her two stops so far indicates she agreed to sign x-number of books per stop. It's contractual.
She is contracted to stop for x number of hours (in this case 3).. She receives an incentive to sell more books because she receives a commission from each band, but the hours are contracted, not the number of books.

It depends on who is selling the wristbands, if Borders sells them, then Borders becomes liable for an oversell, if Palin sells them and keeps the proceeds, then Palin is responsible.

Often times authors get ZERO for their appearance, its done to drum up book sales, (as the owner to the rights to publish 3 books, I know this fact very well, and no, I didnt write them)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 AM
 
Location: NW Nevada
13,341 posts, read 10,982,704 times
Reputation: 12291
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
'Fact: Aerial hunting of wolves takes place in Alaska under program supported by Palin

'On May 19, 2008, the Anchorage Daily News reported that "[p]ilot-gunner teams" had "taken 124 wolves".... In 2007, Palin introduced a bill to "simplify and clarify Alaska's intensive management law for big game and the state's 'same day airborne hunting' law".... [in 2007] Palin supported "a $400,000 appropriation to educate Alaskans about the aerial shooting of wolves and efforts to reduce bears in some areas."'

Rogue Fact: Palin misleads on aerial hunting | Media Matters for America
This is a bit of a stretch and smells like left wing spin doctoring. I notice, that nowhere in the link, do they actually quote what she really said in the book. Quoting her Saying that "Alsakans do not engage in aerial hunting' seems a bit cherry picked. Alaskas citizens do not, the Wildlife Dept, however, does. NV has an aerial predator control program, done under NDOW and the USDA. LMAO, yes Virginia, YOUR tax dollars support aerial hunting of predators, and ALL of it is done by either state or federal agents. Hows that for a 'fact check'. Lets put the aerial predator control thing in it's proper context, shall we? I know the left loves to use the issue as a whipping post to attack Sarah Palin, but it's a lot bigger than her alone, convenient though it may be to dump on her with it. Keeping wolves and coyotes under control is a necessary fact of life for those of us who live out of the cities, and urban areas have their own set of issues with coyotes, which thrive around humans and breed like rats. Nice try, but the Nature Nazi thing is getting rather tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 AM
 
23,934 posts, read 16,155,700 times
Reputation: 8878
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This is a bit of a stretch and smells like left wing spin doctoring. I notice, that nowhere in the link, do they actually quote what she really said in the book. Quoting her Saying that "Alsakans do not engage in aerial hunting' seems a bit cherry picked. Alaskas citizens do not, the Wildlife Dept, however, does. NV has an aerial predator control program, done under NDOW and the USDA. LMAO, yes Virginia, YOUR tax dollars support aerial hunting of predators, and ALL of it is done by either state or federal agents. Hows that for a 'fact check'. Lets put the aerial predator control thing in it's proper context, shall we? I know the left loves to use the issue as a whipping post to attack Sarah Palin, but it's a lot bigger than her alone, convenient though it may be to dump on her with it. Keeping wolves and coyotes under control is a necessary fact of life for those of us who live out of the cities, and urban areas have their own set of issues with coyotes, which thrive around humans and breed like rats. Nice try, but the Nature Nazi thing is getting rather tired.
It is not just the wolf population control thing that has people with morals and scruples disgusted, it is the barbaric way that it is done. I don't give a rat's butt how Palin was quoted from her book. The fact is that she never came out and expressed any type of remorse or understanding of the feelings of others over the issue. She's as cold as any fish in the waters of her state. Let us not discount the fact that the less wolves that there are, the less competition for the hunters who pay a hefty fee for their hunting licenses. We are all aware of what the almighty dollar means to Frau Palin so it does not surprise anyone that she would do whatever it took to satisfy the hunters. I have never heard Palin mention wheteher or not she personally has any pets...anyone know anything about that? Just wondering. I also recall her obliviously rambling on and on while a turkey was being slaughtered right behind her. A lizard has more feelings or empathy than this person.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-21-2009 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top