U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:39 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,262,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Because everyone knows all blacks are on welfare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Just so people will know more whites died during Katrina then and other race.
I'm not sure why race has anything to do with it. The only color that matters, imo, IRT law suits in which I am responsible as a tax payer, is green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:41 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,092,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm not sure why race has anything to do with it. The only color that matters, imo, IRT law suits in which I am responsible as a tax payer, is green.
It wasn't your opinion I was responding to. Tell me what this looks like to you:

What's the difference? We were paying for these people before Katrina and will continue to take care of them til they die. Then the cycle starts over for their offspring.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,074,841 times
Quote:

It doesn't, but some posters love to inject race as if it was only blacks who were victimized on purpose.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It doesn't, but some posters love to inject race as if it was only blacks who were victimized
This poster thinks so:

What's the difference? We were paying for these people before Katrina and will continue to take care of them til they die. Then the cycle starts over for their offspring
Quote:
on purpose.
Well, Fred Phelps thinks it was on purpose.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:47 PM

7,047 posts, read 6,201,127 times
Quote:
So, I can call you stupid for riding an elevator?
if you want to. but i would never be stupid enough to live in new orleans .my town has no elevators anyway.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
It wasn't your opinion I was responding to.
I was only responding to the posts I noted mentioning color, tho, I will read what your referance is about.

Quote:
Tell me what this looks like to you:

What's the difference? We were paying for these people before Katrina and will continue to take care of them til they die. Then the cycle starts over for their offspring.
To me, it's not about color. That's not the first thing I see at least. It may be for that poster. I don't know. But, I have a friend...more of an acquaintance these days, but I know her situation well enough. While she is puerto rican, I consider her to be white (given that I'm technically darker as an Italian). She's a welfare case with many children (they cover the rainbow). She is what I think of when I consider those living on the public dole. Of the minorities I know, they are all affluent, except one Haitian guy that simply refuses to work on trippy priniciples lol. That's Cambridge for you, I guess.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I was only responding to the posts I noted mentioning color, tho, I will read what your referance is about.

To me, it's not about color. That's not the first thing I see at least. It may be for that poster. I don't know. But, I have a friend...more of an acquaintance these days, but I know her situation well enough. While she is puerto rican, I consider her to be white (given that I'm technically darker as an Italian). She's a welfare case with many children (they cover the rainbow). She is what I think of when I consider those living on the public dole. Of the minorities I know, they are all affluent, except one Haitian guy that simply refuses to work on trippy priniciples lol. That's Cambridge for you, I guess.
I'm not criticizing you, but I appreciate your response anyway. The post I responded to was clearly racist, and that was the source for my remark.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I'm not criticizing you, but I appreciate your response anyway. The post I responded to was clearly racist, and that was the source for my remark.
Fair enough. Coming into a thread mid-stream without being familiar with content or posters doesn't lend to perspective.

Any way, I'm increasingly becoming concerned as a tax payer. I consider myself (or have) an idependent that leans left. I voted for Obama, but I tend to vote republican locally. My limited experiences with welfare cases, the increasing debt, and subsequent inflation that will follow, and increases in taxes has me freaked out. I realize that public assistance accounts for a small % of gov. spending, but the thought of such massive law suits? It burns me because I bust my arse hard every day.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,609,405 times
Quote:
Because everyone knows all blacks are on welfare.
Did I mention Blacks Einstein? Way to wield that Race Card. Jesse would be proud.

Just to clear things up for our slower members, laziness and the penchant to pump out kid after kid while living off the Government is not a characteristic any one race in particular. Unproductive welfare mooches come in all colors, shapes and sizes.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Did I mention Blacks Einstein? Way to wield that Race Card. Jesse would be proud.

Just to clear things up for our slower members, laziness and the penchant to pump out kid after kid while living off the Government is not a characteristic any one race in particular. Unproductive welfare mooches come in all colors, shapes and sizes.
Nice backpedal, but I'm not buying it for a second.

If you truly were not referring to race, then I suggest you reread your words. Regardless, your hatred is shining through loud and clear. Do you honestly think everyone displaced by Katrina is on welfare? Do you think everyone on welfare pumps out kid after kid? Einstein, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies