Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 02:15 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times

Advertisements

I'm not much against abortion (I don't like it but accept it ~ as long as taxpayers don't have to pay for it). However, I am SO opposed to someone using it as birth control. Frankly, I'm surprised she isn't sterile by now. She needs her **** sewn up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 11:23 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Indeed it is. Nobody in their right friggin mind would have kids these days in this country. I would not do it again. I have 4 of them- thank God all but one is grown. I am not interested in making any cannon fodder for the Republican Party.
Kill them all.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Obviously that woman has some psychological problems, that's evident. I also think women who have 18+ kids like the Duggar's also have psychological problems. It goes both ways.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well, you have to agree if this woman's story is true then she does have a screw loose. Having abortions to get back at her husband when he did not want children anyway is nuts. She was rebelling in a very strange way. Wouldn't it have been better to have the children to irritate him? I know it would be a bad reason but what she did was what he wanted. Duh
LOL, yes very true. Why WOULD she have the abortions, makes no sense. On the other hand, if this guy was so adamant about not having kids, why not get a vasectomy?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
I think the rebellion on her part was the act of getting pregnant...she said it was like a high but she was afraid to lose him so she kept having miscarriages...something like that.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think the rebellion on her part was the act of getting pregnant...she said it was like a high but she was afraid to lose him so she kept having miscarriages...something like that.
Wouldn't it have been easier to pretend you got an abortion? Same effect on him. If she got high getting abortions than she might be an attention junkie from the abortionist. Either that or she gets high being able to be in "control" of her body by getting rid of her husband's children.

A lot of hate there anyway you look at it.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Default The Abortion Addict - 15 abortions in 17 years

I was watching "To The Contrary" PBS when they featured Irene Vilar - a self-described "abortion addict" - who confesses in her book "Impossible Motherhood" that she had 15 abortions in 17 years (between the ages of 16 & 33). She goes on to insist that her abortion 'compulsion' was a part of her dysfunctional relationship with a much older man.

I was beyond appalled that this woman used abortions as a means to seek attention and have control in a relationship. Conceiving babies to get the attention of her lover and quickly disposing of them when the 'crisis' has passed. While its not typical, this woman is NOT alone. There are many girls/women who use abortion as a form of birth control. It needs to be outlawed.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
There's another thread about a guy (29) who has 21 kids. Maybe this guy needs to meet up with this girl. Both have problems that the other could solve.

Just saying....

Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I was watching "To The Contrary" PBS when they featured Irene Vilar - a self-described "abortion addict" - who confesses in her book "Impossible Motherhood" that she had 15 abortions in 17 years (between the ages of 16 & 33). She goes on to insist that her abortion 'compulsion' was a part of her dysfunctional relationship with a much older man.

I was beyond appalled that this woman used abortions as a means to seek attention and have control in a relationship. Conceiving babies to get the attention of her lover and quickly disposing of them when the 'crisis' has passed. While its not typical, this woman is NOT alone. There are many girls/women who use abortion as a form of birth control. It needs to be outlawed.
I shudder to think what they would come up with instead.

I bet if you were to do some research that sick people like this woman make up less than .0001 percent of the women who get abortions for valid reasons.

Outlawing abortions would only make matters WORSE.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-20-2009, 07:38 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
I have to give some grudging approval to those women who will actually admit to having had an abortion (Whoopi Goldberg, MacKenzie Phillips, et al) but I can't figure why ANY woman would even WANT to go public with a story of having had 15 abortions--unless it was to make some money from writing a book about it. .

Some things are just best kept private.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies