U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2009, 04:20 PM
 
13,072 posts, read 11,127,961 times
Reputation: 2607

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The problem is, there is too much science involved for the people conducting the science to comprehend, too, yet they have no problem proclaiming that their results are indisputable.

It's all about the Benjamins, and they know that the greenbacks will stop flowing their way if they publish anything that goes against the result desired by those controlling the spigot. In their own minds, this justifies their publishing "maybes" as "facts".

The one thing that is an absolute certainty when it comes to climate science is that every single model is wrong. Every one. Once this indisputable fact is accepted, the questions become by how much, and why. Those are very, very important questions, but those with the agenda ($$$) will never ask them.
And the fact that the models are wrong shouldn't be an issue IF the models are being used as they should be. The problem is, the models are being used as conclusive analysis and I have never heard of "conclusive" being attached to a model until I started reading about climate science.

What should be laughed at, scolded, and ridiculed as conclusions is actually being promoted as solid fact and this is attributed solely to the interference of politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2009, 04:23 PM
 
13,072 posts, read 11,127,961 times
Reputation: 2607
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
why don't you explain that to nearly ever legitimate scientist in the world, or the vanishing species, the disappearing ice caps, disappearing glaciers etc etc. Please. Show us some real peer reviewed info to suppport your ideas
Why don't you explain the emails obtained between these scientists you so worship with in a fallacious manner?

Read on and interpret for us what they are talking about:

Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable (http://www.anelegantchaos.org/cru/index.php - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 04:46 PM
 
13,072 posts, read 11,127,961 times
Reputation: 2607
Come on bobble heads, post! You have a big mouth every other time, speak up and let your ignorance be heard! Tell us about your leaders credentials, about their qualifications, about their facts. Please, inform us bobble heads, we are waiting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,355,367 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Why don't you explain the emails obtained between these scientists you so worship with in a fallacious manner?

Read on and interpret for us what they are talking about:

Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable (http://www.anelegantchaos.org/cru/index.php - broken link)

why don't you simply take a look at pictures of the polar ice caps over the past 20 years? Instead of showing us emails that may be a complete hoax?

Scientists world wide overwhelmingly agree that global climate change is happening and happening at rates faster than ever before. Why do you feel such a need to defend the selfish lifestyles of humans and ignore the damage we have done to our ecosystem and planet as a whole?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:03 AM
 
37,072 posts, read 38,583,320 times
Reputation: 14846
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Scientists world wide overwhelmingly agree that global climate change is happening ....

GW != AGW , the research involved here deals with Anthropogenic Global Warming or in laymans terms that Global Warming is being caused by man instead of a natural cycle. What these scientists have engaged in is "cooking the books" to prove AGW among other things.

Quote:
Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable (http://www.anelegantchaos.org/cru/emails.php?eid=99&filename=924532891.txt - broken link)

As for thinking that it is "Better that nothing appear, than something
unnacceptable to us" .....as though we are the gatekeepers of all that is
acceptable in the world of paleoclimatology seems amazingly arrogant.
Science moves forward whether we agree with individiual articles or not....
Above quote from one scientist disagreeing with their tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:29 AM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,355,367 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
GW != AGW , the research involved here deals with Anthropogenic Global Warming or in laymans terms that Global Warming is being caused by man instead of a natural cycle. What these scientists have engaged in is "cooking the books" to prove AGW among other things.

Above quote from one scientist disagreeing with their tactics.

the only cooking is of our planet. you really think all the things we do causes no harm????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 AM
 
13,072 posts, read 11,127,961 times
Reputation: 2607
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
why don't you simply take a look at pictures of the polar ice caps over the past 20 years? Instead of showing us emails that may be a complete hoax?

Scientists world wide overwhelmingly agree that global climate change is happening and happening at rates faster than ever before. Why do you feel such a need to defend the selfish lifestyles of humans and ignore the damage we have done to our ecosystem and planet as a whole?

We have argued the sea ice extent before, discussed the polar bear claims and they are based on BS assumptions. These emails are showing to be valid. In fact, if you run off to your real climate site, they aren't contesting the validity of the email, rather they are doing EXACTLY what you are doing (making claims that there is still a bunch of support for their claims in other areas) and also attempting to claim they are out of context.

Look up the names on those emails. They are the key researchers of the ENTIRE AGW position. Their work is seeded through a large amount of the research out there and used as a correlative basis for occurrence.

I think you need to step back and really look into this, you are sinking with the ship here. This isn't something that is easily brushed aside, it is damning on many levels and the fact that you can not see how serious this is suggests you are either extremely ignorant on the issue or as devious as those who are being caught manipulating the data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 08:05 AM
 
13,072 posts, read 11,127,961 times
Reputation: 2607
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
the only cooking is of our planet. you really think all the things we do causes no harm????
You are in full denial mode now it seems. You won't even answer to anything specific and keep rambling off emotionally.

Your argument is invalid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Texas
42,365 posts, read 50,117,354 times
Reputation: 67383
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
why don't you explain that to nearly ever legitimate scientist in the world, or the vanishing species, the disappearing ice caps, disappearing glaciers etc etc. Please. Show us some real peer reviewed info to suppport your ideas
Why don't you show me a time in the entire history of this planet where the climate wasn't in flux and species weren't vanishing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,831 posts, read 6,065,871 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You are in full denial mode now it seems. You won't even answer to anything specific and keep rambling off emotionally.

Your argument is invalid.
The arrogance of the people making it a political argument rather that science is amazing.

I do think that we do damage to the earth by the things we do. But it is obvious to anyone with a brain that the best we can do is to minimize the damage and move on. These radicals that spout the BS every time they get a chance want us to revert back to the stone ages based on pure junk science. Now we find out that they lied to advance their agenda, not the science. Wow what a surprise.

The earth does not need us as much as we need it. We are just a pimple on it's ***** waiting to be squeezed. I know for some that is hard to accept but it is the reality. I think if we continue down this road too long, thinking we can control the climate, and whatever other arrogant pipe dreams we come up with, that we will ultimately make things worse in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top