U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 AM

27,903 posts, read 33,536,506 times

Advertisements

You clearly have no comprehension of what you're trying to use.

Let me help you:

Quote:
2 : to stay in the same place or with the same person or group; especially : to stay behind
3 : to continue unchanged <the fact remains that we can't go>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/remain

Quote:
1 : to become progressively greater (as in size, amount, number, or intensity)
2 : to multiply by the production of young transitive verb 1 : to make greater : augment
2 obsolete : enrich
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/increase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:43 PM

49 posts, read 72,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Why leave the country and go where?

If you are a successful black or hispanic person in America (with college education), odds are if you are willing to travel you WILL find a decent to great job.

Unless you have zero social skills or arent willing to move somewhere you may not like as much, its still possible to find a great job. Granted, you will have to work harder than some white people applying, even if they are less educated, but once you get in you are set, and you would be held to an equal standard in comparison to nationals if you left the nation to some other nation.

I have to ask, what successful black person would really ask this? On any other forum but this would I would take it seriously, but here it seems more likely that this is another stormfronter pretending to be black, fishing the waters hoping that he can convince most successful nonwhites to leave the US so as to prevent competition with them.
Well, I am still young so I was just looking at options. This is one of the few forums where I found a lot of race threads, so I thought it would be better to ask it here.

I guess my question now is how are the following countries when it comes to race compared to the US. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, and I guess European countries, but those would be hard to emigrate to.

Also, I am indeed black, but I guess it would be difficult to prove it.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,871,449 times
You could always try other parts of the U.S.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:53 PM

1,525 posts, read 3,302,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace320 View Post
Hi, first time poster. I am a 20 year old black male in Houston. Currently, I am a senior in college and over the past few years have begun to learn about the issues "good" young black males seem to face. I am not going to explain or discuss them, because there are threads all over the place about it.

My question is, why don't young black men try living in other countries? I am personally considering possibly moving to Canada or Australia. I have also seen some videos on youtube about other who have moved, and said it was a great choice. I just wonder why more ybm don't seem to consider it?

So, what are your thoughts and opinions about this proposal. Also, which countries would you think would make for the best transition.
How about going over and straightening Africa out, rather than trying to take over Canada or Australia and turning them into Detroit?

Blacks like to complain about the second class treatment of Africa, but I don't see any of them heading back over there to work on the problem directly. Much nicer to live in predominantly non-black, safer, richer places, right?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
How about going over and straightening Africa out, rather than trying to take over Canada or Australia and turning them into Detroit?

Blacks like to complain about the second class treatment of Africa, but I don't see any of them heading back over there to work on the problem directly. Much nicer to live in predominantly non-black, safer, richer places, right?
What I am planning to do wouldn't be too feasible in Africa.

Also, I think many of the problems in Africa are the result of leadership issues, not so much a lack of money. There is quite a lot of investment going to many African countries, especially from China. Of course there can always be more, but why invest in a country with a corrupt dictator in charge? When it comes to leadership, I'm not sure how an African American would fix the leadership issue of another country, since it would probably be impossible to run for office if you are not a citizen of that country. I don't get why people assume just because you are black, you should go to Africa.

I never really said I was treated as a second class citizen where I live, but I assure you there are some places where I would not go simply because I would certainly be discriminated against. i.e., small towns. You may not like to hear that for whatever reason, but it is true.

Lastly, why do you think black people moving to Canada would turn it into Detroit? There are already black people living in the countries I mentioned. Pretty nice bias you have there.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:31 PM

11 posts, read 13,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace320 View Post
Lastly, why do you think black person moving to Canada would turn it into Detroit? There are already black people living in the countries I mentioned. Pretty nice bias you have there.
You're a hypocrit. You complain about negative bias but then want to flee to the safety and comfort living in a predominately White society provides.

It's what many American Blacks don't realize. They can ***** and moan about the evil White racist but they would never leave the privilege, technology and safety of a White society to go live in in an overwhelmingly Black county.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:39 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,747,224 times
To the OP: Why if title the thread as "Should young successful black men consider leaving the US?"

I mean, if part of the problem you see here in America is that someone sees you for your color first rather than the person you are, you are not helping the situation yourself when you also see your color first, or even at all.

I am far from racist, hate everyone equally actually, but I hate when ANY race tries to pull the race card. You either are a good person or not- color, religion, sexual preference does not make a difference

Old 11-22-2009, 01:55 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,800,592 times
Default It's about seeing the forest and distinguishing it from the trees...

No matter who you are or what your ethnic background is....

What you believe to be true will control you whether it is true or not.

From my side of the fence... I see your ethnicity as an advantage in the American marketplace.

But, if feel you must go... why don't you go to Africa and make a difference there???

btw - How are you paying for your college education ???

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-22-2009 at 02:05 PM..

Old 11-22-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNJ12 View Post
You're a hypocrit. You complain about negative bias but then want to flee to the safety and comfort living in a predominately White society provides.

It's what many American Blacks don't realize. They can ***** and moan about the evil White racist but they would never leave the privilege, technology and safety of a White society to go live in in an overwhelmingly Black county.
If I was going to Canada, I would want to live in Toronto.

As of 2006, 46.9% of the residents of the city proper belong to a visible minority group,

In 2006, people of European ethnicities formed the largest cluster of ethnic groups in Toronto, 52.6%,[68] mostly of British, Irish, Italian, and French origins. The five largest visible minority groups in Toronto are South Asian (12.0%), Chinese (11.4%), Black (8.4%), Filipino (4.1%) and Latin American (2.6%).

It is 2009, I think you get the point.

Again, you seem to have sort of axe to grind. Good luck though.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
No matter who you are or what your ethnic background is....

What you believe to be true will control you whether it is true or not.

From my side of the fence... I see your ethnicity as an advantage in the American marketplace.

But, if feel you must go... why don't you go to Africa and make a difference there???

btw - How are you paying for your college education ???
I do not see my race first. The problem is other people do. I didn't even know race was still an issue in this country until I started college. My mother never brought it up, and the schools I went to were very diverse so it was never an issue.

I already said that it would be difficult for me to make a difference in Africa. The problem there are so complex that I do not know how I could possibly help out. Do I go there and start a business, and hope a civil war doesn't break out? I mean what would you expect me to do as a college grad with little money? It is definitely something I would want to do in the future if I become rich enough, but I would want to help out in all poor communities around the world. The Caribbeans aren't doing so hot, either are many places in the Middle East and Asia.

I am paying through college mostly with the academic scholarships I received as a freshman. I do also get other aid b/c I was raised by a single mother and was technically under the poverty level before I started college. But mostly it comes from scholarships because I am a product of the best magnet schools in HISD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies