Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 02:41 AM

844 posts, read 1,280,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad73 View Post
I think that if you are a success oriented person of any color,you should have an escape plan.The current political climate in this country has turned radically anti-achievement.However all is not lost.In just 1 or 2 election cycles we can turn this thing around.
I think it would be a shame for this country to lose any valuable young people like yourself.Also I think the community will suffer greatly from the loss of engaged and educated young men as mentors and role models,just look at what happened when all the capitalists fled Cuba or when Pol Pot killed all of the educated people in Cambodia.
LOL, are you saying the educated minorities would do BETTER with Republican administrations or congresses, even though statistics point out that with Reagan, Bush1 and Bush 2, blacks and hispanics social climbing fell in freefall?

Im sorry, I find that ideal laughable. Im going to call 'FAKE' on this thread. Another STORMFRONTER claiming to be black making anti-black fishing statements to get support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 03:43 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
LOL, are you saying the educated minorities would do BETTER with Republican administrations or congresses, even though statistics point out that with Reagan, Bush1 and Bush 2, blacks and hispanics social climbing fell in freefall?
That's just utter nonsense.

http://www.jbhe.com/latest/additiona...enderchart.gif

Read the fine print. If anything they were stagnant during the Clinton years and actually the rate for black men declined.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's just utter nonsense.

http://www.jbhe.com/latest/additiona...enderchart.gif

Read the fine print. If anything they were stagnant during the Clinton years and actually the rate for black men declined.
College graduate rate has little to do with economic policies. Im talking about income and job securing rates.

Think Progress » Snow Falsely Claims Racial Income Gap Is ‘Not Widening Anymore’

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/income_expenditures_wealth/ (broken link)

Old 11-22-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
College graduate rate has little to do with economic policies. Im talking about income and job securing rates.

Think Progress » Snow Falsely Claims Racial Income Gap Is ‘Not Widening Anymore’

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/income_expenditures_wealth/ (broken link)

Quote:
Sorry, the page you requested has either been moved or is no longer available on this server.

Thinkprogress is about as partisan of a website as you can get. You should bookmark the actual website and not links on pages from partisan hacks. By the way how did those people fair after a $5 trillion loss in value when the dot-com bubble burst? Without actual years on that graph there is no way to tell if the data was misconstrued, which it most likely was from thinkprogress, to fit into a neat little package for liberal propaganda.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:

Thinkprogress is about as partisan of a website as you can get. You should bookmark the actual website and not links on pages from partisan hacks. By the way how did those people fair after a $5 trillion loss in value when the dot-com bubble burst? Without actual years on that graph there is no way to tell if the data was misconstrued, which it most likely was from thinkprogress, to fit into a neat little package for liberal propaganda.
Ignore the think progress link. The graph is accurate from Census data. Here is the correct link

2001 Income and Poverty Statistics

US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/income_wealth/005647.html - broken link)

Poverty in the United States, 2007 — Infoplease.com

As you can see, poverty rates steadily rose for blacks and hispanics during the bush years. Avg Income rates stayed relatively the same, yet because of inflation that amounted to overall sinking.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
After falling for four straight years, the nation's poverty rate rose from 11.3 percent in 2000 to 11.7 percent in 2001.
Ya really think?

Quote:
The "dot-com bubble" (or sometimes the "I.T. bubble"[1]) was a speculative bubble covering roughly 1998–2001 (with a climax on March 10, 2000 with the NASDAQ peaking at 5132.52) during which stock markets in Western nations saw their equity value rise rapidly from growth in the more recent Internet sector and related fields.
dot-com bubble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gee, now why would that be?

Quote:
"Like the last year-to-year increase in poverty in 1991-1992 and the last decrease in real household income in 1990-1991,
Once again you really think so? You must not be old enough to remember these events.
Quote:
In December of 1991, as the world watched in amazement, the Soviet Union disintegrated into fifteen separate countries.
The Cold War Museum - Fall of The Soviet Union

Old 11-22-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/income_wealth/005647.html - broken link)
Are you even reading your links?
Quote:
Race and Hispanic Origin
Real median household income did not change between 2003 and 2004 for non-Hispanic whites, blacks or Asians or for households with Hispanic householders.
Quote:
Race and Hispanic Origin (Race data refer to people reporting a single race only.)
In 2004, the poverty rate declined for Asians (9.8 percent in 2004, down from 11.8 percent in 2003), remained unchanged for Hispanics (21.9 percent) and blacks (24.7 percent) and rose for non-Hispanic whites (8.6 percent in 2004, up from 8.2 percent in 2003).
What are you trying to prove again? Because if you're trying to prove "blacks" were "held down" by "the man" you're failing miserably.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Poverty rates remained statistically unchanged for non-Hispanic whites (8.2%), blacks (24.5%) and Asians (10.2%) in 2007.

Wanna try again? I'd suggest, if you do, that you read your links first and understand them.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 11-22-2009 at 07:08 AM..

Old 11-22-2009, 07:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace320 View Post
Hi, first time poster. I am a 20 year old black male in Houston. Currently, I am a senior in college and over the past few years have begun to learn about the issues "good" young black males seem to face. I am not going to explain or discuss them, because there are threads all over the place about it.

My question is, why don't young black men try living in other countries? I am personally considering possibly moving to Canada or Australia. I have also seen some videos on youtube about other who have moved, and said it was a great choice. I just wonder why more ybm don't seem to consider it?

So, what are your thoughts and opinions about this proposal. Also, which countries would you think would make for the best transition.
I would not leave but unfortunately you have two good, valid reasons to.

The first is that there are still backward people that see skin color. Although they are the exception nowadays just coming across 1 during you career building days is too many times.

The second and really more damaging is the victim-hood mentality that the liberal community has built to keep their power base. Getting away from the uncle tom syndrome will be your most challenging task.

Good luck to you. I hope you stick it out and make good of yourself. Hopefully one day people of color won't have either of the 2 issues to battle and MLK's dream with be finally fulfilled that we look only at people's character not their color. Unfortunately with the political parties we have today it won't happen in my time, I am on the downward slop of my time here.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:

Wanna try again? I'd suggest, if you do, that you read your links first and understand them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001
For non-Hispanic Whites, the poverty rate rose from 7.4 percent in 2000 to 7.8 percent in 2001. But poverty remained at historic lows for African Americans (22.7 percent), Hispanics (21.4 percent) and Asians and Pacific Islanders (10.2 percent). Among these groups, only non-Hispanic Whites (up 905,000 to 15.3 million) and Hispanics (up 250,000 to 8.0 million) saw an increase in the number of poor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
For Hispanics, 21.5% were in poverty in 2007, up from 20.6% in 2006. Poverty rates remained statistically unchanged for non-Hispanic whites (8.2%), blacks (24.5%) and Asians (10.2%) in 2007.
Did you actually cross check all links or just look at the one from 2007. 2006-07 = little change. 2001 - 2007 = more poverty.

Simple math. Try Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies