Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:51 PM

49 posts, read 83,694 times

Advertisements

Hi, first time poster. I am a 20 year old black male in Houston. Currently, I am a senior in college and over the past few years have begun to learn about the issues "good" young black males seem to face. I am not going to explain or discuss them, because there are threads all over the place about it.

My question is, why don't young black men try living in other countries? I am personally considering possibly moving to Canada or Australia. I have also seen some videos on youtube about other who have moved, and said it was a great choice. I just wonder why more ybm don't seem to consider it?

So, what are your thoughts and opinions about this proposal. Also, which countries would you think would make for the best transition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 08:54 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Iran seems good. or maybe north korea

Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace320 View Post
Currently, I am a senior in college and over the past few years have begun to learn about the issues "good" young black males seem to face.

My question is, why don't young black men try living in other countries? I am personally considering possibly moving to Canada or Australia.

So, what are your thoughts and opinions about this proposal.
Stay, I hate to see my black brothers leaving. Things change. American culture progresses. It subjective and my experience but at least in corporate America, I like to think the majority sees no color. My bosses have been black, latino, fat, acrilic nails & hairspray, gay, etc.

If you must go, for historical reasons I suggest Liberia.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 PM

403 posts, read 534,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
& why would you think iran or north korea would be the best choices for young black men to become successful?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:03 PM

216 posts, read 343,556 times
Wow i think it is hard on anyone at present to get a good start . Also think what field you are going in an the demand as to where to go or stay .When my son got out of college he started low man on totem pole night shift for four years before he got any toe hold and spoke Spanish He has a black buddy took him a few years to find what he really wanted to do but now is doing great here . Best luck

Old 11-20-2009, 09:07 PM

49 posts, read 83,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I'm pretty sure moving to NK would be impossible. I would say the same thing for Iran especially after the election controversy earlier this year. Nice sarcasm though.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 PM

216 posts, read 343,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Stay, I hate to see my black brothers leaving. Things change. American culture progresses. It subjective and my experience but at least in corporate America, I like to think the majority sees no color. My bosses have been black, latino, fat, acrilic nails & hairspray, gay, etc.

If you must go, I suggest Liberia.
Yes think you are 100% correct they want any breathing body that can do the job cheep as they can get them and want it done yesterday

I am a white guy but if i was hiring i wouldn't care if you were from Mars long as my job got done .

Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

If you must go, for historical reasons I suggest Liberia.
Well I'm black and I have no intention on leaving the Western United States ever.

I've never even left the USA. I'd hate to see more blacks leave the West for the magnetic South.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
& why would you think iran or north korea would be the best choices for young black men to become successful?
because if you dont like America you are looking for something different from America. these were the first two choices that came to mind. i say go for it.you might like it.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
What are some of the issues they face?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies