U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:16 AM

433 posts, read 389,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yes, I did two tours in Vietnam, my own and Dick Cheyneys

Not all protests but when they got to the point of advocting insurrection or mutiny by the troops , you bet.
Unfortunately Carter gave them amnesty
Nah- yours and Bill Clintons. Cheney's deferments were all legal and above board- the same as thousands of others. Clinton was the one who lied and cheated his way out of the draft.

Dano
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 11:20 AM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
well maybe we shouldn't keep electing that same segment to Congress.
As the old saying goes: When one robs Peter to pay Paul the support of Paul can always be counted upon.

We have so many who are recipients of "other people's money" via the federal government that I believe the times of electing substance is over. People vote their pocket books and when they are receiving checks from the Government it is a guarantee that they will continue to vote for those representatives who bring back tho their districts the most $$.

The billboard is a reflection of frustration and anger from a "producer" against those who take, and take and redistribute his earnings to those who fail to produce.

Greed is leading our country to destruction, both personal and political. And, the Obama administration is not wasting this crisis. They play in, promise heaven and earth in the form of "hope and change". It is all B.S.
Opiate for the masses who would rather have the government do for them than to do for themselves.

One of two things are bound to happen whether people want to believe it or not. We will lose our representative republic and become a Marxist-style Eastern European "social democracy"; or, this country will see exactly what the billboard suggests. There are too many outside interest and outside money controlling Capitol Hill. The people are no longer participants and what we have is a dog & pony show.

What is really sad is the lack of tolerance for opposing viewpoints, as evident in the posts of this thread about the billboard in question.

The government doesn't need a shadow group of czars to take away our affirmed Constitutional rights; we are already doing it to ourselves.

Just my opinion and mine doesn't mean much. My elected representatives have shown me as much.

In this administration we have the best Government that money can buy: a cheap knock-off of what exists when the Constitution is upheld. Money cannot buy character and it cannot buy the virtue of good men.

Yes, I can understand exactly what message the billboard sponsor is sending. It saddens me that it takes this level of frustration to get anyone's attention but I do not condemn the guy for trying.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 11-22-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 AM

7,022 posts, read 5,772,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan
More Southern and Rural ghetto culture manifesting itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you think Missouri is southern ad a rural ghetto
Don't forget the other sign that went up near Denver, Colorado. I wonder if he thinks that's a rual ghetto southern state too?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 AM

433 posts, read 389,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Concentrate, people. The thread is about a specific billboard in Missouri that advocates the overthrow of the government. It's not about voting machines, or calling the President names, or the origins of the American Revolution. This is about existing US law, and a billboard that violates that law.
So which part of my post did you not understand? You mentioned it was against the law and I said "just pointing out what those patriotic Englishmen who founded our country had to say on the issue of revolt; seems their ideas weren't based in obeying the law." Perhaps you can point out for me how loyal US Citizens breaking current US law is different than loyal British subjects breaking English law?

Quote:
There are totally legitimate and legal ways in which the people of this country can institute fundamental change in the direction this country takes ... and one of them happened last November.
It may surprise you to find out that there are many Americans that hold a different viewpoint. Telling them it's against the law serves no better purpose than it did with the English at the time of the Revolution. Perhaps a better course might be for those in elected office to listen and respond to the protesters rather than ignoring them and waiting for them to take up arms?

Dano

Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,779,686 times
These are probably the same people that condone the Psalm 108:9 nonsense. Blowhards...

Old 11-22-2009, 02:36 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,337,298 times
Quote:
Concentrate, people. The thread is about a specific billboard in Missouri that advocates the overthrow of the government. It's not about voting machines, or calling the President names, or the origins of the American Revolution. This is about existing US law, and a billboard that violates that law.

There are totally legitimate and legal ways in which the people of this country can institute fundamental change in the direction this country takes ... and one of them happened last November.
And, a few posts back, we were treated to the legal definition of treason.
Provide me with a precedent that makes the billboard illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies