Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 05:59 PM

403 posts, read 534,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Maybe it's Obama who wants another civil war, so that he can be on the "right side of history" like his hero Abraham Lincoln?

The fact that Obama so blithely dismisses one-half of the US population as nuts who cling to their guns or religion, as he called it, he is merely sowing the seeds of discontent and further alienating an entire group of Americans who are unhappy with the direction this country is going. His comments show that Obama really has no intention of being a President for all of the people.

As I see it, he's just begging for another Oklahoma City bombing, and he will have the blood of all of those innocent Americans killed on his hands. He'll blame it solely on the militias, ignoring the fact that it was Obama's policies that got the ball rolling.
& which policies did obama put into law that alienated people who "cling to their guns & religion" to the point where they would start a civil war on american soil out because they're unhappy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 06:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
& which policies did obama put into law that alienated people who "cling to their guns & religion" to the point where they would start a civil war on american soil out because they're unhappy?
Why would you assume that only people who "cling to their guns and religion" are fed up?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Why would you assume that only people who "cling to their guns and religion" are fed up?
dont ask me...ask the person who i quoted.
are you saying that there are more people who want to start a civil war but do not fall under the "cling to their guns and religion" category?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
dont ask me...ask the person who i quoted.
are you saying that there are more people who want to start a civil war but do not fall under the "cling to their guns and religion" category?
It is not about civil war. It is about upholding the US Constitution. Even atheists care about the Constitution.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:20 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
I had lunch today with 8 friends...every single one of them is a Republican. And yet, at lunch, they prayed for God's guidance and protection for OUR President. That is the difference between true, decent, conservatives and the rabid, hateful, nut cases out there.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It is not about civil war. It is about upholding the US Constitution. Even atheists care about the Constitution.
& people are buying thousands & thousands of dollars worth of guns & ammo & joining militia groups because they simply have the right to do it?

sounds like bull**** to me.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
& people are buying thousands & thousands of dollars worth of guns & ammo & joining militia groups because they simply have the right to do it?

People exerting their Constitutional rights sounds like BS to you? Wow.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:

The millions of Americans purchasing firearms and ammunition are not all joining militias. A few perhaps. Most are not.

Millions of women are purchasing firearms - perhaps the fasting growing group seeking concealed weapons permits are women.

The fact is, there are MILLIONS of Americans who are seriously concerned about our country and a movement to eliminate our Constitutional rights. They are concerned about the confiscatory amount of taxes being proposed. And they are getting madder by the day

And this includes people of ALL POLITICAL bents - Democrats, Republicans, Independents etc -

I hope and pray that it does NOT boil over to a fighting civil war. But, like the protests of the 60's and 70's turned violent, this next round of protests - and there will be protests - may also turn violent. The difference this time is, Millions of Americans are armed. And not merely with some "pea shooter". They have the knowledge - the training - and most important, the WILL to use those weapons if necessary.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Fired Up! Missouri points out that the Lafayette County Republican Central Committee is highlighting a new billboard in the state with steps for a “citizens guide to revolution of a corrupt government“:

Think Progress » New Missouri billboard tells Americans to ‘prepare for war’ against the government.
Am I supposed to be surprised about Republicans inciting Treason?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
While I understand your point (quite valid), few understood who Obama was. Nobody listened to those who were trying to sound the alarm.
Let me know when we're officially a totalitarian communist state.

(You do remember Clinton? The exact same things were said about him. We're still a free democratic republic.)

Quote:
Now that we know, we cannot sit by and let our system be destroyed. It's beyond "sore loser". And far more important.
Nah, same as with Clinton. Republicans can't stand being out of power. The only thing you "know" is that Republicans had their asses handed to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies