Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 10:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Spending the money for wars instead of at home is exactly what caused the fall of the Soviet Union.
But Lenin said that the way to beat a capitalistic system was to inflate their currency to a point that it folded up on them. You can't see the present administration doing exactly that to our system? And the Soviets tried to do what Lenin said and made us stronger in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
What will it be then?
According to Barney Frank it will be the first step toward socialized medicine or single payer, whatever you want to call it.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
From what I understand, the 'public option' is a government run and government managed insurance program that will compete with private insurers in an attempt to drive down costs (although this is debatable). Obviously there are differences between the house and senate bills, but I don't think I've read anything anywhere that states that any of the policies offered under the public option will automatically cover 100% the cost of every single procedure needed by every single person, so it's still very possible that patients will end up with medical bills after an unexpected illness, regardless of whether or not they have a government or private insurance policy.
Would the bills be less than for those without insurance now?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Would the bills be less than for those without insurance now?
How much are the bills for those uninsured now? I thought that with Medicaid they didn't pay anything. Maybe they better look into what we seem to be jumping into.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Hopefully, we will soon abandon those costly and useless wars that Bush got us into and put money into the infrastructure and people of America instead.
More troops to Afghanistan; can't seem to leave Iraq.
No..I don't think the US will be pulling out anytime soon.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Are they very BALANCED now?
I thought so.
What are you talking about? Republicans had unmitigated control. The 2006 election created a scenario of simply being able to stop further damage, and then the 08 election was about turning the tide.

We'll swing back into more balance in 10 once we get through the correction cycle. I think Obama will have the most productive years of his presidency with more balance. Right now, though, he knows he needs to push the most contentious issues while he has the votes.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you've already got him off the hook IF this turns out to be a disaster.
"It's the CBO's fault".
What CBO proposal has ever been correct ?

Hope it's all true and if it's not..well blame "X".
My point is that we can't predict future policy decisions, so we have to create policies that would work given constant circumstances.

I'm not sure why you all defend the current health care system so passionately. It's the most expensive in the world and fails to cover more than any other developed nation with shorter lives and lower quality of life with regard to health.

That's pretty sad for the biggest economy in the world. Any push in the right direction away from this barbarism is good enough for me.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:29 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Exclamation Dem. got the 60 votes...I'm not surprised at all, BUT now it will start for real!

I expected it to pass, just to speak about the health care bill isn't something any Dem. dare to vote against, but now they have to show their real face....

Are they in favor of abortus being in the bill or not...

Are they going to vote in favor in exchange for money from the Obama government (lobbyist + Pelosi, Reid, Obama all of them trying to buy their vote)......

Will they risk not to be chosen in 2010?

Obama will work overtime with his team to intimidate the Dem. to vote in favor....but in the end it will these Dem. Senators who will have a job or not in 2010, so this might be were the real deal is starting...

Burgis won't be chosen again so he doesn't care to vote in favor and so will a couple of others...but Reid the power eager person, Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, etc...they all will seal their faith by voting in favor of a bad bill that is against what most American's want...

American's want reform not a bad bill pushed down their throat for which they have to start paying as soon as Jan. 2010 and not receiving anythin in return until 2013.....

Old 11-22-2009, 04:41 AM

844 posts, read 1,280,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I expected it to pass, just to speak about the health care bill isn't something any Dem. dare to vote against, but now they have to show their real face....

Are they in favor of abortus being in the bill or not...

Are they going to vote in favor in exchange for money from the Obama government (lobbyist + Pelosi, Reid, Obama all of them trying to buy their vote)......

Will they risk not to be chosen in 2010?

Obama will work overtime with his team to intimidate the Dem. to vote in favor....but in the end it will these Dem. Senators who will have a job or not in 2010, so this might be were the real deal is starting...

Burgis won't be chosen again so he doesn't care to vote in favor and so will a couple of others...but Reid the power eager person, Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, etc...they all will seal their faith by voting in favor of a bad bill that is against what most American's want...

American's want reform not a bad bill pushed down their throat for which they have to start paying as soon as Jan. 2010 and not receiving anythin in return until 2013.....
Dude, MOST AMERICANS SUPPORT THE PUBLIC OPTION

Quote:
On the issue that has been perhaps the most pronounced flash point in the national debate, 57 percent of all Americans now favor a public insurance option, while 40 percent oppose it.
I dare you to find me ONE Dem thats seriously at risk for the 2010 elections.

The Republican hoping for dems to lose deal is just getting silly. Repubs said they would win big in 2006. They didnt. They said it again in 2008. They didnt. Now theyre saying theyll take 2010 when the actual numbers for practically every incumbent up for re-election stays in Dem favor.

Saying and hoping does not make it so, Republicans. You need to change your strategy, because the greater American public is getting more and more turned off to you.

The fact that the party does not have a leader to tell its ranks this (infact its leaders at this point are extremists like Beck and Limbaugh or Buffoons like Palin) = not good.

The GOP is sinking like the titanic while telling the world its the Queen Mary.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:15 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,312 times
Default Timeliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Dude, is this month old article the frist one that came up on your search? Try some later information from Rasmussen:

"Forty-seven percent (47%) also still believe the private sector rather than the federal government has the best chance of keeping health care costs down and the quality of medical care up. Thirty-three percent (33%) think the federal government would do a better job of reducing costs and maintaining quality of care."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies