Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:24 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,293 times

Advertisements

Hey, Palin protected Alaska from Russia. If it weren't for her we would all be speaking some Russian. Give her some credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Is this thread to be taken seriously for anything other than another

"Bash Palin, I hate Republicans, Fox news" troll thread?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And yet Obama won by how many points?
6. In this age of divided politics, with the first black man running, that's pretty darn good. We don't live in the America of FDR where everybody saw the value in supporting the common good.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:31 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is this thread to be taken seriously for anything other than another
"Bash Palin, I hate Republicans, Fox news" troll thread?
So go start another dozen of your "Bash Obama, I hate liberals, MSNBC" troll threads. What would P&OC be without those.

The facts are that a serious Palin candidacy in 2012 could well destroy the Republican Party. She will not win the support of center-right moderates anywhere.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:34 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not a Democrat nor an Obama supporter but based on the crap I heard on FOX News Radio today, I could NEVER vote for the Republican party. I have heard more than a few idiots say that Sarah Palin is a great candidate, that she is a very qualified, etc. How ABSURD is this? The woman has a Journalism degree from U of Idaho, no understanding of International Affairs, Economics or even simple World Geography. As much as I don't agree with Obama and his policies, I heard a local talk show host say that Palin's qualifications are better than Obama's. Hmm, U of Idaho vs Harvard Law School. How dumb can these people be? Anyways, Obama has done a terrible job so far but I could never support a simpleton, anti-intellectual idiot like Palin.
I'm a Republican and a regular FOX viewer, but I can agree with you about Sarah Palin (although I wouldn't call her an "idiot"). I'm sure she is a nice person and I wish her well, but she just isn't cut out for being President or vice-President. If she wants to get into national politics she should run for Congress and get herself familiar with it (in addition to foreign affairs). I just can't agree with all of those people who think she is qualified to be President right now.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:36 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
I am neutral on Palin but a reasonable argument that her executive experience was more relevant to being President than his senate experience. I think most of the country is underwhelmed by his preformance so far. Part of his failure may be attributed to his lack of executive experience.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 AM

817 posts, read 853,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's what is so comical about it. They picked her hoping to gain ground with the disenfranchised Hilary supporters. Did they not realize that those who supported Hilary couldn't be more opposed to Palin's beliefs.

McCain's 2008 campaign will go down as one of the worst run campaigns in history.
As comical as all the democrats and liberals who are obsessed with every little thing she does.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
So go start another dozen of your "Bash Obama, I hate liberals, MSNBC" troll threads. What would P&OC be without those...
Yeah, pghquest, this is a "bash Palin" thread. No conservatives allowed.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
6. In this age of divided politics, with the first black man running, that's pretty darn good. We don't live in the America of FDR where everybody saw the value in supporting the common good.
The "black man running" holds absolutely no value at all, unless you think most americans are racist but voted for him anyways. 6 points, pretty darn good?

"Palin is an idiot"
"McCain is old"
"Republicans for big business"
"Obama massivly outspent McCain"
"Obama a much better speaker"
'Bush" (need I expand this further?)

And all you have to show for it is the argument that he was black and 6 points? Please give the racist bull **** a rest..

Old 11-22-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am neutral on Palin but a reasonable argument that her executive experience was more relevant to being President than his senate experience. I think most of the country is underwhelmed by his preformance so far. Part of his failure may be attributed to his lack of executive experience.
I personally cant stand Palin and would never want her anywhere near the White House, but given the alternative, I'd take her anyday.

The comical thing I've noticed all year though is that liberals are still bashing conservatives who have no power and cant do anything. Palin, she published a book... yippee, lets create 4583 threads about it because we dont want to discuss the real problems going on in society. As if she's the biggest concern americans have..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies