Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,781,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That's a good suggestion. My problem with her celebrity status for being narcissistic and unable to take any criticism is that there are so many intelligent, worldly, and ethical conservatives who could easily rise to the top, get support from the base, and appeal to moderates.

I think Bobby Jindal should be given a chance and Paul Ryan, though only a Congressman, has deep respect from all corners of Congress for his grasp of issues and intellectual prowess.
We've already had 10 months of seeing the damage the narcissist-in-chief can do in the White House!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 PM

3,428 posts, read 6,286,973 times
Besides Palin's ignorance, lack of understanding and anti-intellectual approach, the thing that really does it for me is her RELIGION. Why can't these people just shut up about religion and keep it to themselves? These Evangelical anti-intellectual people believe that dinosaurs and men co-existed just like in the Flinstones cartoons. I could never vote for someone who can be this ignorant.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,210,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
As much as I don't agree with Obama and his policies, I heard a local talk show host say that Palin's qualifications are better than Obama's. Hmm, U of Idaho vs Harvard Law School.
President Bush attended Yale as well as Harvard Business School yet people still said he was an idiot. You can't say Obama is very well educated therefore superior when Bush was arguably better educated and labeled a simpleton. The point being, Education doesn't make a person.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:43 PM

689 posts, read 740,274 times
Quote:
I am not a Democrat nor an Obama supporter but based on the crap I heard on FOX News Radio today, I could NEVER vote for the Republican party. I have heard more than a few idiots say that Sarah Palin is a great candidate, that she is a very qualified, etc. How ABSURD is this? The woman has a Journalism degree from U of Idaho, no understanding of International Affairs, Economics or even simple World Geography. As much as I don't agree with Obama and his policies, I heard a local talk show host say that Palin's qualifications are better than Obama's. Hmm, U of Idaho vs Harvard Law School. How dumb can these people be? Anyways, Obama has done a terrible job so far but I could never support a simpleton, anti-intellectual idiot like Palin.
How many times have you said that, based on some example ("whatever"), you could never vote Republican? Seriously...haven't you said this before like multiple times after saying that you are neither a D or an R?

As far as the point goes...I could give a flying F where they went to college. There are plenty-o-tards that have gone to Ivy League Schools. Pedigree means nothing to me after seeing the stupidity some of these "prestigious" schools produce. That being said, I wouldn't vote for Palin. I think she would guarantee a loss for the R's. I mean...no way in hell I'd vote for Harvard Law School guy (apparently that's really impressive??) because he's proven his genius, so I guess I either wouldn't be voting at all or would be voting for someone who doesn't stand a chance. Unfortunately, no viable third party candidate is jumping out there. A third party candidate could probably do well as long as they aren't too extreme either way and talk smack about both sides (which would be easy to do).

Old 11-22-2009, 12:48 PM

689 posts, read 740,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
President Bush attended Yale as well as Harvard Business School yet people still said he was an idiot. You can't say Obama is very well educated therefore superior when Bush was arguably better educated and labeled a simpleton. The point being, Education doesn't make a person.
Exactly. People like names. Overall...Hard sciences are hard sciences. It really doesn't matter where the hell you learn them as long as you get all the info. Soft sciences (opinions...pretty much) are a different story. And that doesn't matter either because they are all arguable.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:50 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,199,975 times
Quote:
I am not a Democrat nor an Obama supporter but based on the crap I heard on FOX News Radio today, I could NEVER vote for the Republican party. I have heard more than a few idiots say that Sarah Palin is a great candidate, that she is a very qualified, etc. How ABSURD is this? The woman has a Journalism degree from U of Idaho, no understanding of International Affairs, Economics or even simple World Geography. As much as I don't agree with Obama and his policies, I heard a local talk show host say that Palin's qualifications are better than Obama's. Hmm, U of Idaho vs Harvard Law School. How dumb can these people be? Anyways, Obama has done a terrible job so far but I could never support a simpleton, anti-intellectual idiot like Palin.
I supposed you'd vote for
Peggy Joseph before Palin?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:52 PM

22,108 posts, read 19,318,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I supposed you'd vote for
Peggy Joseph before Palin?
Ehhh she didn't mean it literally.....

Old 11-22-2009, 12:53 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,907,638 times
Quote:
That is why.....

blowoutcongress.com

Old 11-22-2009, 12:53 PM

37,589 posts, read 21,776,331 times
Quote:
You just hate republicans and conservatives- we get it.

So pretty much nothing you will ever say is worthy for discussion. How can there be any discussion after what you post can be summed up as a rant that says "I hate republicans and conservatives"? Your threads are always trollish.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,591,926 times
I don't think Obama has enough experience at running anything to be president, and he IMO is doing a pathetic job and is pretty much a double talking liar. That being said, Palin is a quitter, period. We don't need a quitter running the country. She already had enough negative things working against her before, then she quit on her voters in Alaska when the going got rough. She has no backbone. She can run her mouth in interviews and books, but when the REAL pressure was on her in office, she QUIT.

I hope the GOP is not stupid enough to nominate her. I know there are some that want to, but I don't think there are enough. Why don't they get it? Quitters never win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies