Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 01:18 AM

1,179 posts, read 973,793 times

Advertisements

Saw this the other night and thought it was great. He nailed my sentiment exactly. It's important to note: Republicans, please watch this, THIS is why we do not like Palin, and NOT for the reasons you list all the time.

Jon Stewart Explains To Conservative Pundits Why He Doesn't Like Sarah Palin (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 03:50 AM

37,768 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Saw this the other night and thought it was great. He nailed my sentiment exactly. It's important to note: Republicans, please watch this, THIS is why we do not like Palin, and NOT for the reasons you list all the time.

Jon Stewart Explains To Conservative Pundits Why He Doesn't Like Sarah Palin (VIDEO)
But why don't we like Jon Stewart? I see he's running like a scared little girl, along with Colbert, from competing with O'Reilly and is now on an hour earlier. Did he mention that?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Why do you assume this?
What makes you so fearful of SATIRE, yes Colbert and Stewart are on "The Comedy Channel."
They are not presenting the news.
Then again, neither is Faux.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:14 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,467,279 times
Quote:
Originally posted by LauraC
But why don't we like Jon Stewart? I see he's running like a scared little girl, along with Colbert, from competing with O'Reilly and is now on an hour earlier. Did he mention that?
Please. Why do people assume that liberals are afraid of Sarah Palin? I've never had a liberal confide to me "just between you and me, I'm scared of her"

I'm sure Sarah's a decent person and all. I'm sure she'd be a very nice neighbor. But then, I don't necessarily think my neighbor is qualified to be president.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,336,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Please. Why do people assume that liberals are afraid of Sarah Palin? I've never had a liberal confide to me "just between you and me, I'm scared of her"

I'm sure Sarah's a decent person and all. I'm sure she'd be a very nice neighbor. But then, I don't necessarily think my neighbor is qualified to be president.

So true.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:24 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,434,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Agreed. I feel about Palin the same way I felt about Bush. I didn't think he was the best candidate in the Republican primary, didn't think he was the best candidate in the general election, and truly did not like many of the things he did as President. On the other hand, I believe him to be a good and decent man, and he would probably make a terrific neighbor and friend.

I don't fear Palin; I disagree with many of her views, and feel she would be really, really bad for the country.

Seems to me that increasingly people cannot distinguish between the person and the policies/beliefs. They are tending to personalize and therefore demonize those with whom they disagree. And that doesn't do anyone any good.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:04 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,245,012 times
As a conservative Republican, I won't vote for Palin and unless the Earth's orbit shifts, I know she will not receive the nomination. That being said, I have never witnessed a pathological hate for a politician in my life as that which occurred by the left toward Sarah Palin. It easily exceeded the venom spewed at GWB.
It was, and still is, unprovoked and uncalled for.

Btw, John Stewart has a team of writers.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:11 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,722,751 times
I think this is a great example as to why political discourse is in decline in this country. People base their opinions on the ramblings of a comedian. God help us.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:19 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,918,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post

I am sorry but his explanation is that he hates her because she has conservative viewpoints, because she sees no value in the liberal ideology. If he would had actually said that I could understand but once again he just made fun of her. It really was not funny but I guess liberals need to deflect rather than address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies