Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:11 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawmill Jim View Post
Yep we see how good all those smart people are doing in Ca

Cities paying with I O U s . Isn't this the state where they cut the farmers water off and got carrots shipped in from China .
Sawmill don't forget those great northern cities like Detroit. That is such a great community I can't believe all the people deserting those urban paradises for the south.

They are becoming wastelands of welfare families, future gang bangers and Acorn Democrats

Old 11-22-2009, 09:14 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawmill Jim View Post
Yep we see how good all those smart people are doing in Ca

Cities paying with I O U s . Isn't this the state where they cut the farmers water off and got carrots shipped in from China .
Pointing the finger at other states isn't going to help improve the very poor reputation of the South. Half the problem is that Southerners are so thin-skinned and defensive.

You can rag on California all you want & I'd probably agree with some of your criticisms but California is not hated for the reasons people hate the South.

BTW, we do not import carrots from China!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:16 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sawmill don't forget those great northern cities like Detroit. That is such a great community I can't believe all the people deserting those urban paradises for the south.

They are becoming wastelands of welfare families, future gang bangers and Acorn Democrats
Another example why Southerners are mocked. If you can't at least admit that the South is viewed poorly by most Americans than you will never know how to improve yourself.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Another example why Southerners are mocked. If you can't at least admit that the South is viewed poorly by most Americans than you will never know how to improve yourself.
They almost take glee in the fact that the USA is losing it's manufacturing base centered in the Great Lakes Region. (It's the "liberals" fault don't you know?) It's moving South alright, South of Texas.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM

689 posts, read 742,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
....every other thread on this website has something to do with Northerners wanting to move South?

If you don't like us, then why are you moving down here? How long do you plan to stay? What percentage of you have left to come down here already?
But...They come in peace.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:28 PM

207 posts, read 324,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Educational achievement in the South is indeed..IMPRESSIVE! Highest rates of teenage pregnancy are in LA, MS and AR. MS is the state with highest percentage of obesity in the nation, with almost 44% of children in MS being obese.
Have you taken into consideratioin that this is more a demographic issue than anything else? How is Detroit and Inner City New York doing in these areas you mention?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We came here to the the south. And it is a good thing. We took a city that was full of native dumbass backwards rednecks and transformed it into a cosmopolitan booming area. We took a state with a trailer park trash flag flying above it and got rid of the damn embarrassment it was causing. We northerners do not change when we come south. We change the south into something we want to live in. And as more of us come south, the south will change even more.

Okay, if your way is better, why aren't you staying up North? How come nobody has answered this part of my question yet? It is extremely hateful for you to threaten to take over an area just because you don't agree with the way of life.

You know, Haiti is a pretty backwards place too. So is Somalia. Have you ever thought of taking those places over?

Of course not. You only harrass white people who happen to be proud of themselves and their heritage and who enjoy holding on to their traditions. You are a very hateful person.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM

689 posts, read 742,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Pointing the finger at other states isn't going to help improve the very poor reputation of the South. Half the problem is that Southerners are so thin-skinned and defensive.

You can rag on California all you want & I'd probably agree with some of your criticisms but California is not hated for the reasons people hate the South.

BTW, we do not import carrots from China!
I'm from the Seattle area. I can't, for the life of me, imagine why people would worry about the California influence. I mean...they came here in droves and taught us so much. Now they can leave here for the south and teach them "stuff".

No really...they can go.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Gosh! How dare we want to educate folks! Culturally NYC and California are about 50 years ahead of most of the south. So we carpetbaggers have our work cut out for us!
What are liberals doing to move this country forward? You bash the South but yet you don't seem to mind flooding this nation with Third World immigrants who are 10 times as backwards. You really are hateful hateful people. If you don't like us, then stay in your own backyard. Something tells me there is more to the story. Jealousy? Why the heck can't you guys just leave us alone?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Shall we compare crime rates next?

Ya can't make fun of rednecks unless yew are wun....and I are wun
Yes, let's compare crime rates. The crime rates in Detroit are no different than the crime rates in the black parts of the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies