Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
The other posters are correct, you're using the term 'hate' to define a disagreement.

You say it's not a statistical matter, but yet you say that 'so many' C.C.'s hate gays etc. By saying 'many', you are talking about the majority. Your point of reference being the C/D forum (as you mention).

Nobody 'goes to hell' in my mind as you put it. I think the bigger issue at hand is you have a level of disdain for C.C.'s and you're having an extremely hard time extricating it.
C/D is far from my only reference. And no hard time at all. I find people who are intolerant, hateful, hypocritical etc to be impossible to deal with.

Like I said before intolerance does not deserve tolerance it just allows it to continue. Its like just letting people make racist jokes around you and not saying something. Allowing something to continue is just as bad as doing it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 06:52 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
If you loved the person you would not punsih them with eternal damnation to hell

Ps I don't believe in hell either but thats your punishment for it so...
The thing is, they believe that damnation to hell is the only punishment there is. The Christians are not the ones doing the punishing, they believe that God will punish Gay people. But they also believe that God will punish anyone that has sin in their life. Anyone that hasn't repented for their sins.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:52 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Quote:
So banishing someone to hell, eternal damnation for being born a certain way is not hate????????? Your comparrison also assumes that homosexuality is a choice which it is not.

How many time do I need to ask the same question before someone can actually answer me as opposed to just repeating themselves?
It seems you have the idea that Christians themselves are banishing people to hell.

No one can answer your questions b/c (as it's been explained) your questions
don't make sense and are invalid. This is not a victory on your part, rather, your failure to clarify the differences between your views versus actual facts.

example:

I'm driving a blue car. Someone comes up to me asks me "do you like that red car of yours?"

How can you answer the question when it's based on an invalid assumption?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Correct a small minority supports gay rights. I do apologize for not clarifying that.

However, being those 3 religions make up 8.8% of all protestants, which make up 72% of religious people in our country you are talking about a very small sector .
I don't know where you get your stats, but I am not going to argue with you right now, I gave those 3 religions as examples. As for gay rights, I believe many Christians support gay rights There are some who may not believe in all gay rights, but do believe in equal treatment.

Nita

Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
So banishing someone to hell, eternal damnation for being born a certain way is not hate?????????
No it is not hate. It is what they believe happens when someone breaks the laws of God. That is not hate it is paying a consequence for your actions in their eyes. That is not hate.

Quote:
Your comparrison also assumes that homosexuality is a choice which it is not.
The issue is not choice the issue is the act whether it is by choice or not it is the act that is considered wrong.

Quote:
How many time do I need to ask the same question before someone can actually answer me as opposed to just repeating themselves?
No repeating here.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:21 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
The issue is not choice the issue is the act whether it is by choice or not it is the act that is considered wrong.
So it's considered wrong even if it's not a choice? That doesn't seem fair.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
They christian belief is that all are born in to sin, it is whether the person acts on those temptations.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
The straw man argument can be used in arguments in most areas of life, from political, to business, to religious, to personal life. It is also often used in conjunction with other logical fallacies, such as red herring, slippery slope, and ad hominem. One example of a straw man argument can be seen in the following hypothetical situation between a child and his parent:

Child: "Can we get a dog?"
Parent: "No."
Child: "It would protect us."
Parent: "Still, no."
Child: "Why do you want to leave us and our house unprotected?"

The child in the above scenario may be making a straw man argument if the parent's reason for not getting a dog has nothing to do with protection but with other factors. Moreover, not getting a dog is not necessarily proof that the parent doesn't want to protect the family and home as there are other means of protection.
What is a Straw Man Argument?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:25 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post

Well I could give you the "Life's not Fair" but that would not really be addressing your issue.

Most Christians do not believe that people are born gay so to them it is a choice.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:34 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
The thing is, they believe that damnation to hell is the only punishment there is. The Christians are not the ones doing the punishing, they believe that God will punish Gay people. But they also believe that God will punish anyone that has sin in their life. Anyone that hasn't repented for their sins.
So you are suggesting that these people have no ability or chose not to think for themselves and instead just accept the churches interpretation of what jesus would do? Sound an awful lot like a cult when you put it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies