Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Well, for one thing, the 10 commandments says, "Thou shall not murder." It does not say, "Thou shall not execute murderers."

true here is the origin of that word.

Etymology: partly from Middle English murther, from Old English morthor; partly from Middle English murdre, from Anglo-French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English morthor; akin to Old High German mord murder, Latin mort-, mors death, mori to die, mortuus dead, Greek brotos mortal

people executed still die......not to mention how many of them have been innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Well, for one thing, the 10 commandments says, "Thou shall not murder." It does not say, "Thou shall not execute murderers."

also you failed to show my false statement about jesus....wonder why

Old 12-01-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That is so. Thank you for pointing that out.

You are on a slippery slope. According to your theory then, pedophilia is also permissible, as is marrying a very underage girl, and having multiple wives and add to that anything else you would like to add.

BTW, your posts seem to indicate that you don't quite grasp the difference between the law and the age of grace. Grace does not mean you can do everything you decide pleases you. There are still rules and guidelines, and sin is still sin that has to be dealt with. The advent of the age of Grace did not dissolve the law. Christ fulfilled the law by keeping it perfectly because man could not. That does not mean we should go on sinning. Read Paul's letters about this. He knew the law through and through, and did not have your interpretation of it, that's for sure.

so you pick and chose what you feel to be "law"?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:06 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
so you pick and chose what you feel to be "law"?
No, it appears that's what you are doing.

I find it difficult to discuss with anyone who understands only one side of the issue. There can be differences of opinion, and disagreement, but there needs to be at least a basic comprehension of where each side is coming from. You don't appear to have that when it comes to the Bible and Christianity, so we're speaking two different languages.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
No, it appears that's what you are doing.

I find it difficult to discuss with anyone who understands only one side of the issue. There can be differences of opinion, and disagreement, but there needs to be at least a basic comprehension of where each side is coming from. You don't appear to have that when it comes to the Bible and Christianity, so we're speaking two different languages.

ever adrift clearly pointed out multiple statements from the same book of the bible but you chose to only view one as a sin....or do you feel the same about those eating clams??

Old 12-01-2009, 11:47 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
ever adrift clearly pointed out multiple statements from the same book of the bible but you chose to only view one as a sin....or do you feel the same about those eating clams??
You don't understand anything that I say. Perhaps it's entirely my fault, and I'm talking over your head. If so, I apologize.

I don't understand why this discussion isn't moved to Religion.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
You don't understand anything that I say. Perhaps it's entirely my fault, and I'm talking over your head. If so, I apologize.

no you talk around everything and fail to address information spoon fed to you

Old 12-01-2009, 12:18 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??
So you think we hate these folks why??? Because we don't affirm their behavior??

As far as the African American part is concerned...you do know there are black Christians right??

Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So you think we hate these folks why??? Because we don't affirm their behavior??

As far as the African American part is concerned...you do know there are black Christians right??

and you do know the difference between many and all right?

and understand the adjective conservative right?

Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Lets see, most are yes pro-death penalty, but, you know if you look at the mosaic laws written in Exodus, the death penalty was given for many crimes, so therefore it is according to the scriptures.
They don't hate gays, they dont agree with the lifestyle. Just because someone don't agree with someone elses choices don't mean they hate them.
Not sure about African Americans, but if you are trying to talk about black americans, well, kind of funny that 90% of black conservatives are christians, so, it would be kind of hard for christian conservatives to hate blacks.

Christ loved everyone yes, but he also got angry at people that were not acting out of what the word said. He even went into the temple and started vandalizing it.

Actually the death penalty was given to Noah after the flood. Thus this was a "universal law" not just Mosaic. Genesis 9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies