Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 936 times

Advertisements

May God Bless all those that read this! I pray for wisdom , knowledge, and understanding. I also pray for anyone that has not accepted Jesus into their heart. Do not wish hate on someone, but a true Christian will Love his Enimies. God please help them. Please give our president wisdom, knowledge and understanding. God please give Obama guidiance in the righteous way.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,849,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Once again you seek to divert attention from your unreasonable demand that what a person said at one point in their lives must forever be established as their ideas for the rest of their lives. You seek to do that by saying that "people say mean things about Prejean and Palin." If you remember you made accusations that I said something that I then proved to you that I had not said. You sure didn't come online then and tell everyone how wrong you had been, did you? People like Prejean and Palin have worked hard to put themselves out in the public view and can reasonable expect that not everyone will like them When a young woman says that they made a mistake in what they said in the past, regrets saying it, and has since grown and learned better ways to express her feelings she is showing maturity and honesty. You, in attacking her, are not.
YOU are the one who brought up "right wingers attempting to do to people on the Left".

Who said she couldn't change? Certainly not me. I just conveniently posted a comment she made that was equal to the comment from the person this thread was partially about. What's wrong with that?

I'm not so sure about the last sentence or two. She only regrets she has been caught.

Last edited by sanrene; 11-24-2009 at 04:25 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Well, that is awfully rude. How do you know what I have gone through and have not?
I don't and don't care. I'm just going by your postings on this forum.

Quote:
Taunting me and treating me like dirt is very spiritual. Can you agree with me that the Obama girls losing their father is a bad thing and it would be horrible for them to go through?
Taunting you by bringing up your past statements of wishing death by hanging on Bush.....as you railed about a poster wishing death for obama.

Quote:
Wow, thank you for opening my eyes to Catholic Church. Now, I see what they are all about, huh? Judging from you, no one can make mistakes, everyone should be treated horribly. Is this why they molest boys perhaps? Not sure. Perhaps you can explain?

I will wait for your response before coming to a conclusion.
You're welcome. As I said, I have recently been, shall we say, disappointed in the Church.

Quote:
Oh yeah. Not attacking in the least. I have described and explained things to you multiple times and you just keep going at it.
If you want me to stop, tell your buddies to stop addressing vitriol towards me, and that always requires an answer.

Once again, there is nothing to learn from someone who has shown such behaviour.

Quote:
Why not accept that people can grow and change? People like you are not going to stop me from saying that I wish the very best for our president and would for McCain/Palin if they won.

I will be the better person.
And people like you will never stop me from pointing a colossal dose of hypocrisy.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Please! Get over yourself. I don't have time to "scour" your posts.......nor do I have any interest in doing so. I think it is indeed VILE to joyfully "predict" the destruction of the US and to joyfully declare that your prediction is coming true. Your joy in your belief that you are correct is what is vile, Sanrene.
Trust me, there's no joy involved in my prediction coming true.

There are millions of people who believe as I do, can I help it that my prediction has come true?

Nothing at all "vile" or anything else about that.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,206,735 times
Sanrene, how can you possibly KNOW that she only regrets she has been caught? Everything I've read that she has posted seems to contradict your dearly held belief about that. Could you be projecting about regreting getting "caught"?

Are you a hypocrite because you have posted that you never abandon threads, yet you do exactly that, abandon your thread?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:28 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,282,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Still waiting for that example of "vile" attacks on obama. Got nothing, right?
You didn't ask me for examples of vile attacks on Obama but I'll give you one theme attack on him that grates on me. It's how so many people on the right compare him to Hilter and/or carry Hilter themed signs at Tea Parties and at Town Hall meetings. That is as vile and disgusting as attacks get and the comparison is patently untrue.

To answer the OP question, I don't pray but I wish Obama much success, especially the area of world policies, because his success is everyone's success. And when I'm out for lunch with my Christian friends, I always "amen" their prayers for our leader.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,206,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Trust me, there's no joy involved in my prediction coming true.

There are millions of people who believe as I do, can I help it that my prediction has come true?

Nothing at all "vile" or anything else about that.
Is it possible for millions of people to be wrong?

Btw, can you give me some very specific examples of how the "Destruction of the US" is coming true at this very moment?

That quote is a disgusting and vile advertisement on every post you make. It's not just a simple statement you made one time. You're advertising your hope in the "Destruction of the U.S." and you even have the date the President was sworn in on it. You are giving full responsibility for your belief in the "Destruction of the U.S." to Obama. You're giving that guy a LOT OF POWER, aren't you? What about those checks and balances in the structure of our government? I do believe GWB appointed a few Supreme Court Justices. And then there is still that Gates fellow from GWB's administration in Obama's administration.......yeah, Sanrene, it is crystal clear that you'd love to see the "Destruction of the US" just so you could be right.

Take a long look at your beliefs and work a little more on self-awareness.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,381,937 times
Quote:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,381,937 times
Quote:
let he who is without sin, cast the first stone

Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,552,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You didn't ask me for examples of vile attacks on Obama but I'll give you one theme attack on him that grates on me. It's how so many people on the right compare him to Hilter and/or carry Hilter themed signs at Tea Parties and at Town Hall meetings. That is as vile and disgusting as attacks get and the comparison is patently untrue.

To answer the OP question, I don't pray but I wish Obama much success, especially the area of world policies, because his success is everyone's success. And when I'm out for lunch with my Christian friends, I always "amen" their prayers for our leader.
I agree. It was wrong of the left to do it and it is wrong of the right to do it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Sanrene, how can you possibly KNOW that she only regrets she has been caught? Everything I've read that she has posted seems to contradict your dearly held belief about that. Could you be projecting about regreting getting "caught"?

Are you a hypocrite because you have posted that you never abandon threads, yet you do exactly that, abandon your thread?
My friend, don't bother with her. Don't waste your time or energy. Let us just hope and pray for the safety of everyone in our country while we face difficult times.

I tried to reason over and over again by saying I was sorry and regret saying it to Sanrene. Sanrene is perfect and never makes any mistakes as you know. She does not want to admit that people change and all that. I guess she can in my mind and see what I regret and do not regret and what I have gone through and haven't.

Let her go on. She has the freedom of speech thing going for her. I would never want anyone having their taken away.

In the mean time, you and I should continue talking about what we can do to make the USA and the world a better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies