Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 01:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I agree with you.

And, could it be that some people just have to tear down any positive thread about Obama? Or maybe it would be more accurate to say, does it seem that some people just have to try to tear down and discredit any thread about Obama which is NOT a Hate-Obama thread? I've noticed that pattern on this board. Guess some folks just consider if their "job" to keep cranking out the "hate Obama" messages on the Internet, and the "Obama is going to destroy the U.S." posts over and over. Interesting campaign, don't you think?

It also seems to me that 'rene is getting a lot of blowback in this thread, as well she should. Her arguments are extreme, desperate, and pitiful in this thread.
Blow back? From who?

A positive thread about obama, was it? Starting out with a rant about scum who wish death on a president, including all those "haters" and angry fanatics from the Right.

What's wrong with this picture?

Oh, that's right! The OP forgot to mention that she is well versed in "hate" and "anger", considering she wished death by hanging of a president, which all of the leftists on here would really like to ignore.

Let's just take a look at the OP, one more time and see all the positive vibe in there:

Quote:
After reading some posts on this forum, I truly worry about the safety of our president.

I hope he receives wisdom and guidance. I send him and his family well wishes and sincerely hope that he is protected from the scum who wish cancer on him (on the forum today) and death upon him as well.

I don't understand the hate from the right. I can understand not agreeing with him but why wish death upon him? He has two daughters and a wife. What would his children and wife go through?

I would never wish death upon McCain/Bush/Palin. The liberals and who did wish that upon them were WRONG. And the conservatives who are saying this now are WRONG.

Please free to send your well wishes or prayers to our President.

If you are a hater or a person who wants President Obama dead, please refrain from posting.

The only thing I have done is point out the hypocrisy and falsehood (in bold) of the OP, which you can't stand. I keep trying to warn you, but you won't listen and continue to distort the origins of this thread, which leaves me no choice but to keep bringing up the actual FACTS.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Seems to me that the motive could be to try to discredit someone who actually put up a good thread about what's really going on in this country, and a positive, healthy perspective about the insanity and blindness of the political hatred involving this President.

There is definitely the ring of truth in the OP. That's why some people simply cannot let this thread stand without trying to drown out any sanity regarding the issue. I would suggest that immaturity is not the problem. My guess would be a very old, rigid way of thinking and a bitter attitude could be the driver behind so many of the posts.
A good thread - that starts out with hypocrisy and a lie?

The blindness and political hatred from the Left for 8 long years you can thank.

Sanity? You mean actually speaking the truth is not considered sanity. Please, point out the lies.

Quote:
Her arguments are extreme, desperate, and pitiful in this thread.
Nothing but the truth. Do you deny the OP said she wished death by hanging on a president? Do you deny she lied about never wishing death to bush/mccain/palin?

Last edited by sanrene; 11-28-2009 at 02:11 PM..

Old 11-28-2009, 01:47 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
C-D board is an "information portal". You can come on board and get information about any subject. By the same token, you can disseminate information to the rest of the world thru the information portal. There is a faction out there in cyberspace who consider it their mission to destroy Obama and the current administration at any cost, using any means. CD and other forums provide an opportunity to disseminate a message that if repeated enough times can be construed as the truth. I personally believe that there are some who are paid for their time to do just that. "Agent provacateurs", if you will.
I've been active on several message boards over the past few years and I've often wondered if what you are saying is true. Hate garbage is just that, whether they are paid operatives or not, which makes it all the more important for the voices of reason to keep on posting to keep a balance.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
What vile attacks against Obama??? Why don't you start reading some of the numerous anti-Obama threads and see for yourself. A good example was the post that LV linked to where the poster wished that Obama would die of lung cancer. Where is YOUR outrage? Or are you too partisan to the point where you only defend republicans?
So one freakball wished Obama would die of lung cancer, big deal.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Slam dunk...
Quote:
Seems to me that she was talking about a TRIAL.........something you wouldn't know a lot about it appears.

Interesting that we dislike the most in other what we see in ourselves.
Seems to me she already found the man guilty, after all, they did mention a hanging..

Old 11-28-2009, 01:51 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
<snip>The blindness and political hatred from the Left for 8 long years you can thank.
Given that GWB's approval rating stood at 22% at the end of his presidency I would think not only the left hated him...

Old 11-28-2009, 01:52 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Given that GWB's approval rating stood at 22% at the end of his presidency I would think not only the left hated him...
Good point.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I see things through a different light now.

I am young as I stated. I am 21. I do not deny I said that. I have matured up.

I see what hate does. I see what the vile attacks on ANYONE does. Everyone makes mistakes. Do they? Or do they not?
I have been defending Sarah Palin from the vile attacks on her as well. She does not deserve it. Nobody deserves that.

And I stand firm on what I say. I would never wish death upon Bush/McCain/Palin with the new mature me.
And just think how much maturing you will do in the next 3-4 years, or 10, or maybe even 20. Maybe you better think twice about your "vile" attacks upon conservative because at this rate, you'll be one very soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That was a year ago ... she has shown a lot of maturity since then. Keep in mind that we are talking about a 20 year old. How old are you again Sanrene?
It was 10 months ago, but it amazes me how someone can claim to have "seen the light" in 10 months, but liberals dont see the hypocracy is the president who has done less than tlv "maturing" in this same period of time.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:57 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Do you deny the OP said she wished death by hanging on a president? Do you deny she lied about never wishing bush/mccain/palin?
I didn't see her year old post but since she apologized for it several times I'll take you're word that it was totally out of line. However at this point in time no one really gives a rat's *ss to listen to your broken record on the topic. She wished Bush death at one point in time and you wish Obama same. You're even...but you will not be happy until she runs a sword throw her heart. Is this what you call Christian forgiveness in action?

Old 11-28-2009, 02:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I didn't see her year old post but since she apologized for it several times I'll take you're word that it was totally out of line. However at this point in time no one really gives a rat's *ss to listen to your broken record on the topic. She wished Bush death at one point in time and you wish Obama same. You're even...but you will not be happy until she runs a sword throw her heart. Is this what you call Christian forgiveness in action?
Sanrene isn't Christian. She has openly stated that she left the Catholic church. Her irrational behavior has nothing to do with Christianity. But I agree with everything else you stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies