Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:27 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dir Drill 1 View Post
The OP believes Christians are the downfall of America, even though belief in GOD is a huge part of America's beginnings...
And even though the OP says in the thread in the religion forum that she IS a Christian.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times
I'm afraid for America because Lindsay seems to feel that people with religious views differing from her own are a threat to America. It seems that Lindsay forgets that the higher creationism was valued in our society, the more productive it became. She also forgets that America was founded on the idea that we should have religious freedom.

Lindsay, your post is full of very sad and inaccurate views of Biblical Christianity, but this is true:
Quote:
also has little understanding what's even in the very Bible they claim to live by.
Given this, how can you base your argument against Christianity on what people who claim to be Christians, but don't actually know their Bible, say? How can you decide that because people don't respond to your posts, Christians are a threat to society?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:52 PM

340 posts, read 744,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
And even though the OP says in the thread in the religion forum that she IS a Christian.
I got tired of this thread... Saganista and a few others can post their opinions, but boy if you believe in GOD you better not post it here unless you want personal attacks and ridicule... All from Mr. Self professed Illegal alien employer himself, the great All-American Saganista..... Well, I can handle the heat from the kitchen Saga, but it's pointless to endure it for no reason... Unfortunately, the heat you may endure will likely not come from any kitchen, and that type of heat I would wish upon no one...

Old 05-15-2007, 10:17 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
That's at least three threads in as many days in which you attack Christians. Anybody else see the hypocracy?
Personally, I would see a lot more truth than hypocrisy. It is quite evident in these threads that sufficiently many people who at least call themselves Christians to make a generalization out of it flaunt their unsupported demand and expectation that the peculiar beliefs and tenets of their own religion be applied to those who do not subscribe to any such belief or religion, even if necessary, by the force of law. I'm afraid that there is no amount of objection to such calls as would qualify as being excessive. Too many of these religion people are simply out of their proper place. Like misbehaving students in the 3rd grade, they need repeatedly to be told to sit down...

Old 05-15-2007, 10:21 PM

340 posts, read 744,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Personally, I would see a lot more truth than hypocrisy. It is quite evident in these threads that sufficiently many people who at least call themselves Christians to make a generalization out of it flaunt their unsupported demand and expectation that the peculiar beliefs and tenets of their own religion be applied to those who do not subscribe to any such belief or religion, even if necessary, by the force of law. I'm afraid that there is no amount of objection to such calls as would qualify as being excessive. Too many of these religion people are simply out of their proper place. Like misbehaving students in the 3rd grade, they need repeatedly to be told to sit down...
It is all personal opinion Saga.... No one here is imposing any law through their computer on you are they ?? If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen... Ring a bell ???...

Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I got tired of this thread... Saganista and a few others can post their opinions, but boy if you believe in GOD you better not post it here unless you want personal attacks and ridicule.
To repeat myself repeating myself: You have every right to whatever religious or other ethical stance you prefer. But if you trot it out in public, be prepared for others to poke holes in it. That's what the marketplace of ideas is all about. It has nothing to do with 'attacking Christians'. It has nothing to do with 'anti-God bias'. It has to do with whether your thoughts can stand on their own two feet or not.

Quote:
All from Mr. Self professed Illegal alien employer himself, the great All-American Saganista.....
We all employ illegal aliens. Go down an all-American hotdog or two. Some, if not all, of that beef was slaughtered and packed by an illegal.

Quote:
Well, I can handle the heat from the kitchen Saga, but it's pointless to endure it for no reason...
Then accept that your views seem more persuasive to you than they do to others, and that others are under no obligation at all to accede to them.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the heat you may endure will likely not come from any kitchen, and that type of heat I would wish upon no one...
I appreciate the degree to which you have managed to remain non-judgemental as your Deity has commanded you to be, but this is a potential outcome over which I lose no sleep whatsoever...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:19 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay59 View Post
In another thread in the Religion forum, it is shown that out of all industrialized nations, America is the highest for the acceptance of creationism as the explanation of the beginnings of mankind. This despite the numerous findings which make a clear and definite correlation between us, and a common link ancestor.

A frightening reality to consider, given that less than 10% of Japanese hold this view.

When I ask why aren't murderers, child abusers, rapists, and those who practice infidelity judged as harshly as gays - I get no answer.

I'm afraid for America because I see a VERY ignorant society. I'm afraid for America because I see a hypocritial society; one that uses religion to condemn, but also has little understanding what's even in the very Bible they claim to live by.

A Bible which gives a very primitive and outdated explanation of life, the cosmos, Earth, and events. The fact that most Americans still choose to believe in what the Bible says is kind of frightening, especially in 2007.

well I think other crimes are judged harshly.Primitive,is hope primitive?,is self awareness both to my good points and bad points outdated?,this is what I get from the bible,and that there are things grander then my personal life and my needs,yet by realizing this my personal life actually becomes richer and more satisfying.

The bible is a book of wisdom,I think sometimes people squable over certain passages and by doing so loose the wisdom of it over all.One particular passage that made me think is the book of Job.The cosmos,science,to me that is learning more about the intricacies of God.

Im not trying to keep up with the "Jones" as far as what other countries do,just because they are industrialized that does not mean they are more elightened.

Personally I hold no hatred toward gays,some gays on this forum have said I do just because I wont agree with them on everything,but as far as a crime,its up to God to judge.Then again I''l be judged too,maybe worse then a gay person,somehow I think God would judge a person more on their actions of bad or good toward others more then whether they were gay or not.

just my opinion

Old 05-16-2007, 12:21 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr View Post
Because wearing Jewelry and garments made of different threads are not the same as two women committing sexual acts with each other and two men trying to have sex with each other.......and then demanding America to accept it, like it, agree with it. Its not natural and the human body was not made to do it, nature will show you that. I think its perverted and I dont think wearing jewelry is perverted, unless its gaudy jewelry worn by a man trying to be a woman.
Well your god does, love. It says as much VERY close to the passages on homosexuality. And given that all sins are equal it is NOT your place to judge gods will and determine what is more or less offensive to him. K thanks

Old 05-16-2007, 06:19 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,534 times
I have heard, while a christian, that sexual sins were worse than others, not sure why. When I know the reasons behind "sexual sin", to me its like blaming the victim here, so that made me step back from religion and go oh ok, your blaming the victim here, sooo the prepatrator again gets a free out of jail card here and gets to stand in judgement?

Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
...is self awareness both to my good points and bad points outdated?,this is what I get from the bible,and that there are things grander then my personal life and my needs,yet by realizing this my personal life actually becomes richer and more satisfying.
Something of Dumbo and his Magic Feather here. Tens of millions of your fellow Americans and hundreds of millions of your fellow human beings around the world are able to make these 'personal life' discoveries without coming to involve the crutch of religion or sacred scripture of any sort. Religion is neither necessary nor sufficient to morality. And how much truer and purer a metal is cast when its production is uncorrupted by the dross of ancient and senseless myths and biases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies