Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The word Bush doesn't appear once in the article. Are you sure you read it? I saw nothing blaming anyone, much less Bush.
Obama did speak about Bush this morning in his set to with the Indian representative and I didn't read that article because Finn said that the BBC said American media said 34,000. What more did I need to know. I heard the words about the 8 years from the BIC's mouth this morning. I also heard Robert Gibbs, the one from the WH, say that our leader would tell us his decision in about a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are so right about your article, but I guess you missed the words of Obama this morning blaming the war that he took as his own during the campaign on Bush. I am sorry that this happened but you missed the point so badly worrying about me defending Bush.
Yes, I missed that, but I was referring to your words, roy. Did you miss that?

Here. Try again.

You: Finn, in reading that article I saw nothing but an attempt to continue the blame Bush for it all...

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
It would be too much to expect to have a decisive Commander-in-Chief who would due his duty first instead of floating balloons to see which way the winds of political opinion are blowing. Meanwhile as he dithers awaiting his press conference our men and women in Afghanistan have been lacking the support of their Commander and paying the ultimate price for his narcissism.

Pathetic!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Obama did speak about Bush this morning in his set to with the Indian representative and I didn't read that article because Finn said that the BBC said American media said 34,000. What more did I need to know. I heard the words about the 8 years from the BIC's mouth this morning. I also heard Robert Gibbs, the one from the WH, say that our leader would tell us his decision in about a week.
You didn't read the article? Then why did you say, "Finn, in reading that article...?"

Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I wish people would understand that the same people who slam Obama will continue to slam him no matter what he does. It's not about Afghanistan, it's not about health care, and it's not about the economy. It's about that black man in the white house. Obama could send a half million men and they would still find fault. Obama could pull all troops out tomorrow, and they would still find blame. Nothing short of hanging him from the nearest tree will ever satisfy this group of haters. I personally am convinced of that fact and find it disgusting.
Substitute the name, Bush, for Obama there and tell me if it isn't the same story about those who didn't like Bush. You are throwing Pelosi as deep as any I have ever had to wade through.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I wish people would understand that the same people who slam Obama will continue to slam him no matter what he does. It's not about Afghanistan, it's not about health care, and it's not about the economy. It's about that black man in the white house. Obama could send a half million men and they would still find fault. Obama could pull all troops out tomorrow, and they would still find blame. Nothing short of hanging him from the nearest tree will ever satisfy this group of haters. I personally am convinced of that fact and find it disgusting.
And I find your comments and false accusations disgusting. When all else fails just play the race card. Brilliant......NOT. Why don't you go out and buy a clue with the redistributed wealth Obama is giving you?

Old 11-24-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You: Finn, in reading that article I saw nothing but an attempt to continue the blame Bush for it all...

Nothing about Gibbs in that article.
The words that I said Gibbs spoke were in a later press conference today. You need to try to read the thread before making accusations.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:45 PM

199 posts, read 216,700 times
Looks like he's sending more troops to secure Afghanistan for pipelines.... glorious.

http://moinansari.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/centralasian_pipelines.gif (broken link)

http://moinansari.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/gas_pipelines.png (broken link)

http://incogman.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/map_of_tapi_pipeline.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-24-2009, 01:45 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
You are so right about your article, but I guess you missed the words of Obama this morning blaming the war that he took as his own during the campaign on Bush. I am sorry that this happened but you missed the point so badly worrying about me defending Bush.
So what Roy? Is it not permissible to talk about last year, or years before that? Bush was the president before Obama, so it is quite ridiculous for someone to be so sensitive about it to suggest that no one should even mention his name.

Yes, we have been through eight years of dithering / indecision in Afghanistan, and George Bush was the CIC during that time. Get used to it. If it hurts your feelings to hear someone mention these facts, then that's just too bad.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, actually you are the only person here who has mentined Gibbs. Sorry.
You know that I mentioned Gibbs just to take the words of BBC to some place other than wholly true. Isn't it expected of all of us that we take the words of Gibbs as the truth about what the BIC is thinking? Hell, I am sorry for all of this but you are calling Gibbs a liar, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies