Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:44 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
NPR is doing a story right now, and it's on their website.
Still a spin there as they are avoiding dealing with the fact that the code/code comments validate the claims that they were manipulating the data specifically.

While there is a problem with the review process (and it is well documented of this fact in the e-mails), this report walks all around the fraud in an attempt to explain away the issue as simply bullying in the field. It is far more serious than that.

The reports need to start asking informed (most report as if they have no clue of what is actually going on in the research) questions about these specifics or their reporting will result in more confusion of the issue, which to be honest I think is the very goal of some of these agencies. It is a surprise to see so many journalist so ignorant of the topic to which they report on.

In my opinion, these are topics to which the meteorologists should be attending to as they are far more qualified and versed on these issues than that of these reporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 03:20 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
telegraph, guardian and fox, that's it.

leaked e-mail - Google Search
Corporations getting in bed with 0bama to get rich off of taxpayer subsidies, no wonder the global scam is so important to these people.

Quote:
"The intersection between GE's interests and government action is clearer than ever," General Electric Vice Chairman John G. Rice wrote in an Aug. 19 e-mail to colleagues.

Rice was calling on his co-workers to join the General Electric Political Action Committee. "GEPAC is an important tool that enables GE employees to collectively help support candidates who share the values and goals of GE."

"On climate change," Rice wrote, "we were able to work closely with key authors of the Waxman-Markey climate and energy bill, recently passed by the House of Representatives. If this bill is enacted into law it would benefit many GE businesses."

Old 11-26-2009, 10:18 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3mebt3nZek

Old 11-27-2009, 08:45 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Awesome Video!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Well, FOX talked about it, CNN talked about it....I don't' watch MSNBC so I don't know if that talked about it, but FOX and CNN represent 2 out of the 3 large MSM outlets, so I'd say the MSM has indeed covered it. The only difference is that (as usual) FOX took sides in the issue and jumped into conclusions while CNN simply reported it.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
I'd say its getting pretty good coverage, except for ABC, CBS, NBC.

Media complicity in Climategate - Washington Times

Media complicity in Climategate

Quote:
A tale of destroyed documents, fraud, conspiracy and the misuse of millions of government dollars would seem to have all the juicy ingredients of a scandal that journalists would kill to cover.ABC News hasn't deemed the story newsworthy. Neither has CBS nor NBC. If Americans only got their news from the networks, they would not know about the global-warming fraud or would merely think there was a simple misunderstanding about what scientists meant in some vague e-mails
2008 was the year MSM put aside their once honorable journalistic standards.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Corporations getting in bed with 0bama to get rich off of taxpayer subsidies, no wonder the global scam is so important to these people.
Of course..there is big money to be made from this.
Mandated energy-efficient applicances that cost more for example.

Over 400 new regulations and over 1000 mandates in Cap&Trade which is based on the GW fear-mongering.

Even the oil companies are now getting involved in alternative energy so they too can get in on this.

Forced revenue streams for industry and banking and finance and government.

Oh yes, much is hinging on this and they will do all in their power to dismiss any questioning.

When politics and business get involved in science nothing good comes from it.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/opinion/06pubed.html

Just what you would expect from the Times in "explaining" their coverage of the story.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
I just heard about this like 3 days ago. I was shocked. No, I didn't hear it from the news, although, I hardly watch the news anymore. A friend told me when he heard Rush Limbaugh discussing it. But hell, he didn't say he heard it on the news either. I asked him how come this was not front page news, too. He said the government just wanted to catch the hacker so they could punish him for his misdeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies