U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:04 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,169,263 times

Advertisements

McCain Faces Potentially Tough Re-Election Bid, Poll Suggests - FOXNews.com Hayworth is a good guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM

20,900 posts, read 39,168,910 times
Why is it a sign of good health?

Why is Hayworth a good guy?

Are people supposed to guess what you're thinking?

Tell us why you believe these things, else there's nothing to debate/discuss.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:23 PM

16,133 posts, read 20,817,345 times
Actually it means a fight between McSame and JD Heydrich. Should be interesting

Old 11-24-2009, 08:24 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,169,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Why is it a sign of good health?

Why is Hayworth a good guy?

Are people supposed to guess what you're thinking?

Tell us why you believe these things, else there's nothing to debate/discuss.
oh ok mike , it is a good sign because it is healthy for the party to be purging some of the old entrenched dogs, much as it would be if the dems got rid of old lethargic harry. Hayworth is a good guy because , if my memory serves me he is much more conservative and principled than mccain. hows that mike, is that enough info to start a discussion now.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
oh ok mike , it is a good sign because it is healthy for the party to be purging some of the old entrenched dogs, much as it would be if the dems got rid of old lethargic harry. Hayworth is a good guy because , if my memory serves me he is much more conservative and principled than mccain. hows that mike, is that enough info to start a discussion now.
Close enough.

Don't know much about the possible challenger, but when I hear you say he's "much more conservative" that tells me something, and for lack of telling us more about him, I'm left to assume he's a far right extremist. Swell.

McCain is getting old in the tooth. All of his Senate staff, and all of his 2008 campaign staff are/were lobbyists, which to me means that McCain usually is FOR SALE to the highest bidder, and his voting record is all over the map because of it. He's only a mavericky kind of guy because his lobbyist pals have vested interests that are all over the map, while the GOP platform and ideology mean nothing to them, only their greed is of interest. JM has been weak on illegal immigration which puts him in RINO status with many GOP'ers. Still, I wanted to see him run on the GOP in 2000, but he got screwed in SC by Rove and his thugs. In 2008, JM was way over the hill to run for POTUS. It made me sick to see JM bury his face on Bush's shoulder the other year after all the dirty tricks Bush's henchmen pulled on JM in 2000; all I could say was OMG, he wants it so bad he'll cry on the shoulder of the idiot Bush who cuckolded him in 2000. But we got JM on the ticket because the whack job fundies wouldn't go for a Mormon like the vibrant youngish Mitt Romney, who is IMO, as you say, a good guy. Once again, fundie whack jobs cost the GOP dearly and made our nation a laughing stock.

So I gather from what little you've said that you want a very far right candidate, no matter how inexperienced or lightweight, so long as he hates illegal immigration and will sign the GOP Purity Pledge.

IMO, the extreme candidate will cause a GOP FAIL in the senate race. Even though AZ is JM's home state, he only carried his home state by 54% to 45%, less than 200,000 votes separated McCain from Obama. With a candidate who is further to the right, it's highly probable that the GOP will lose AZ to a decent DEM candidate. Go ahead, run the Party Purity character.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:44 PM

737 posts, read 1,040,201 times
First McCain loses the Presidential election partially because of the poor choice of a V.P. candidate now he may lose his Senate seat!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,078,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
They are going after him because he's not far right enough.

He's been known to work with Democrats. At one time he may have been pro choice.

They think they can expand their party by cutting social programs, banning gay marriage, telling women what to do with their pregnancies, pushing their religion in public schools, solving every World problem with US military intervention, and bashing minorities.

Good luck with that.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
First McCain loses the Presidential election partially because of the poor choice of a V.P. candidate now he may lose his Senate seat!
IMO he should retire, Father Time is calling, the age and abuse to his body by the Vietnam War are showing. I still like the guy.

Lots of old goats should leave the Senate. Strom Thurmond held on way too long, so has Robert Byrd. McCain and Byrd should have joint farewell event on national TV and tell the nation to bury the hatchet and get on with rebuilding America. But I dream.

Sad part is that 100 people in the Senate can either make us or break us, and most of them are for sale to the highest bidder.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They are going after him because he's not far right enough.

He's been known to work with Democrats. At one time he may have been pro choice.

They think they can expand their party by cutting social programs, banning gay marriage, telling women what to do with their pregnancies, pushing their religion in public schools, solving every World problem with US military intervention, and bashing minorities.

Good luck with that.
Even worse, horror of horrors, he had his photo taken with Ted Kennedy! Oh, the degradation of it all.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:57 PM

7,176 posts, read 6,466,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
IMO he should retire, Father Time is calling, the age and abuse to his body by the Vietnam War are showing. I still like the guy.

Lots of old goats should leave the Senate. Strom Thurmond held on way too long, so has Robert Byrd. McCain and Byrd should have joint farewell event on national TV and tell the nation to bury the hatchet and get on with rebuilding America. But I dream.

Sad part is that 100 people in the Senate can either make us or break us, and most of them are for sale to the highest bidder.
well said you are 100% correct. we need new blood thier day is over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies