U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-19-2009, 07:18 AM

279 posts, read 264,494 times

Advertisements

Angus Podgorny;12080710You haven't explained to me what exactly the Texas Military consists of, other than maybe a few fat guys running around in the woods with confederate flag T-shirts. When do you actually expect the battle to begin?

When I Speak Of Our Military,I Am Referring To The U.S. Military And Besides That, You Have Not Run Across A Native Born Texan As Of Yet.

God Bless Texas And Our Military
Roll Up Your Sleeves And Let The Battle Begin

Old 12-19-2009, 08:15 AM

4,529 posts, read 3,221,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Have you ever left Pasadena?
I doubt seriously if he's been anywhere but his home, school, and maybe Disneyland.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:28 AM

7,559 posts, read 3,010,216 times
This thread is living proof that after 150 years, the civil war will never be resolved. The C-D thread that never dies.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,495,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Have you ever left Pasadena?
Yes, I have left Pasadena! and have been in Miami & San Juan several times. Only been to the Atlanta & Houston airports. My knowledge of the confederate flag comes from studying u-tube footage of rallies where the confederate flag is in public. It always seems to spark outrage & people gather to call out names & get into fights with those waving the confederate flag. Certainly there must be areas where one can freely fly the confederate flag but most businesses do not want to drive customers away so they will not allow a confederate flag on the premises. I'm not old enough to drink in bars yet but I have been in some as well as pool halls. I've seen fights over women mostly & know that a confederate flag would stir up animosity.

Maybe some of you confederates feel safe in your own neighborhoods but I think it would be foolish to put yourself & family in danger to fly a confederate flag. Just my opinion so don't go ballistic.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:49 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,955,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
My knowledge of the confederate flag comes from studying u-tube footage of rallies where the confederate flag is in public.
Re the highlighted part: Wow! I am so UNIMPRESSED! A "u-tube" education. Man, what will they think of next? You don't know nuthin bout nuthin, little man.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I'm new here, but have been lurking for years now and finally decided to join. Anywho being a decendent of Robert E. Lee I always had a positive opinion of the south and Confederate flag. Now with alot of recent events (Ole Miss klan protest on the 21st) making the flag look as bad as it has in the past I just don't know what to think of it.

However seeing alot of hate towards both I just get stuck in mental ruts in what to think of it. And sometimes have trying periods that try to make sense of it all. Heck just a quick search on the web you can find the most vile and hateful things about the south and everything related.

I've never really been to the south before (unless you count East Texas) but I would really like to see it one day. But I have met countless people from there and I thought they were spectacular.
If you weren't a "friend" of that Texas Reb, I'd accuse you of trolling and stirring up hate and discontent. East Texas? Hah! You ain't even close!

I'm pulling your leg, BTW. I understand the old TR is having a flailing good time on this'un, and while I did make one post several weeks ago, I figured, aw, why not, lemego see what's goin' on, see if I can ruffle a few feathers.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:05 PM

Oh, good grief, ain't no way, ho-say, I'm goin' through 102 pages of superfluous pelosi, as I already know what's being and been written without even thumpin' along. Can anyone just give me a synopsis of who said what when and to whom? Dang, yankees and hemorrhoids, and other tender outsiders, just need to do like the rhoids, and go back up yonder, leave us alone, k?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,015,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Oh, good grief, ain't no way, ho-say, I'm goin' through 102 pages of superfluous pelosi, as I already know what's being and been written without even thumpin' along. Can anyone just give me a synopsis of who said what when and to whom? Dang, yankees and hemorrhoids, and other tender outsiders, just need to do like the rhoids, and go back up yonder, leave us alone, k?
Nice to see you again Planter, yeah, I've just been surviving the knock down drag outs in here.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:47 PM

900 posts, read 181,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsgun View Post
Angus Podgorny;12080710You haven't explained to me what exactly the Texas Military consists of, other than maybe a few fat guys running around in the woods with confederate flag T-shirts. When do you actually expect the battle to begin?

When I Speak Of Our Military,I Am Referring To The U.S. Military And Besides That, You Have Not Run Across A Native Born Texan As Of Yet.

God Bless Texas And Our Military
Roll Up Your Sleeves And Let The Battle Begin
So what you mean to say is "God Bless Texas and the United States Military"? It's just that your little saying wasn't very clear.

By the way, why do you capitalize every word? Is that something everbody in Texas does?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:52 PM

900 posts, read 181,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
“I liked being a slave, our white folks . . . were good to us. . . . I had rather be a slave. . . . . I wish I wuz still in slavery.”
Adam Smith (b. 1839)
Tate County, Mississippi

“I’s heard dat some white folks wuz mean to der nig8ers, but our Old Masta and Miss wasn’t.”
Minerva Evans (b. 1840s)

Harrison County, Mississippi
“My white folks was good to me. I had a heep better time when I growed up than folks does now. . . . Shucks I was a heep better off.”
Rube Montgomery (b. 1861?)
Choctaw County, Mississippi

The contrast between past and present was especially stark to Mandy Jones from Lyman, Mississippi, who, at the age of 80, still picked cotton to keep food on the table.

Not having “enough t’ eat or wear,” she looked forward to “my home in Heaven . . . I is lookin’ to Marse Jesus to keer for me.”

She also looked back to a slave childhood when, “after the white folks eat in the dining room, all us cullud folks eat in the kitchen, allus a plenty, which is more than we has now. Times was good then, I members back to it sometimes now, when I is glad jes’ to get a piece of bread. . . . Oh the sweet taters we did have! . . . great big winter cabbages. . . . [and] so many sides an’ hams of meat.”

"Us enjied good times tergether an’ didn’t hab to worry ’bout how us would make a livin’.”

Elizabeth Finley: “Our white folks wuz rich folks. Dey live in a big white house wid roun’ posts in front. Dey give us plenty to eat and wear but dey beat on us a plenty. . . . Den one day . . . dem Yankee mens tole us de guvment would give us some land and a mule or some hosses to work wid, but we never did git nothing from dem. We wuked hard for whut we got. We wuz mighty proud of our freedom – but times is a lot harder now dan it wuz in dem times. Now we can’t git ’nough to eat and dere’s nobody to look atter us, but de white folks whut takes pity on us, and heps us sometimes. Times is gittin’ harder it seems to me.”

Mississippi History Now | WPA Slave Narratives
I'm stunned that Mississippi would produce a history showing that, far from being a bad thing, slavery was the best thing that ever happened to black people! Sure 'dey beat on us plenty', but what was that compared to the paradise of being owned by white folks!

You guys are special!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies