Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
yeah that took me all of 1 minute, wow . Like I said it was on the national news, and people from Atlanta definitely remember it.

It might surprise you to know that some do not read the news every day. That some do not see local type news for longer periods because they are out of town -

So, why don't you be a good boy and give the other poster the link - surely you can do that, can't you? If nothing else, to show how polite you can be.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:13 AM

815 posts, read 2,137,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It might surprise you to know that some do not read the news every day. That some do not see local type news for longer periods because they are out of town -

So, why don't you be a good boy and give the other poster the link - surely you can do that, can't you? If nothing else, to show how polite you can be.

Since your so interested in the story, go and find it for yourself. I saw it on the news, I dont need a rehash of it .....Just go look up truck driver attacked with bottle rocket in NW Atlanta. It's out there somewhere...LOL @ you trying to prove that tom follery of which you speak can go over and not get noticed in a black neighborghood.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,034 times
Atlanta Injury Law Blog: Truck driver shot in face with bottle rocket, tank truck crashes

No mention of Confederate flag in this one.
Just some idiots caused a tanker truck to turn over

Old 12-08-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Atlanta Injury Law Blog: Truck driver shot in face with bottle rocket, tank truck crashes

No mention of Confederate flag in this one.
Just some idiots caused a tanker truck to turn over

Go find the ajc article, it clearly mentioned it. Not to mention that the streets all over West Atlanta were buzzing about that after it happened, it was like a running joke in the hood what happened to that moron truck driver over there in NW.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Go find the ajc article, it clearly mentioned it. Not to mention that the streets all over West Atlanta were buzzing about that after it happened, it was like a running joke in the hood what happened to that moron truck driver over there in NW.
Here's a fair piece from the NY Times:
Teenagers Attack Trucker in Atlanta - New York Times

Quote:
What happened next was even more disturbing: the same band of teenagers quickly swarmed the overturned rig, dragged out Mr. Diaz, stole his wallet and beat him, the police said.

''The kids are either doped up or drunk,'' Bill Nothdorft, Mr. Diaz's supervisor at Penn Tank Lines, said of the Tuesday attack. ''They're just creating their own good time -- a good time gone bad.''
Again, no mention of the Confederate flag.

So, I say, if it was part of the story, Link It!
I've done enough of your leg-work for you

Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:

Once again go find the ajc article, Im not exerting energy into this with you playboy. And Im from just south of there, and I dont care what that article says or does not say. 18 years of living in SW and 3 years of living in NW have let me know that what any moron stupid enough to fly the stars and bars over there like it's a game is asking for trouble. LOL @ your naivety, most people are scared to come to a Braves or Falcons game over there, let alone fly that foolishness with pride.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:

The TV station also does not mention a Confederate flag.
Truck Flips Trying to Avoid Fireworks - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 AM

Wonder what they think of the Robert E Lee etching on the side of Stone Mountain then.....
or the 2 NASCAR races that are held in Atlanta every year....

I was raised in Georgia and never caught the slightest static over my flag.
Could it be that you are the one in the minority with your beliefs?

I've looked all I care to and can find no link between the violence and the flag.
The Confederate flag influence in the truck driver story was your claim.
Unless and until you can can prove your charge, it is false.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The TV station also does not mention a Confederate flag.
Truck Flips Trying to Avoid Fireworks - News Story - WSB Atlanta
Ya' know, all the stories I find have one thing in common:
THE DATE!!!!!
July 5
Which means the incident most likely happened on July 4th.

Fireworks on the Fourth??? Shocking!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 AM

1,359 posts, read 3,721,763 times
Confederate Flag=A flag that should never be flown

It is symbollic of slavery, racism, ignorance, and the Confederacy (which is dead). Yeah, some people may say "I fly the rebel flag and I love minorities." Good for them, that still doesn't change that what it symbollizes. Even still I don't believe there should be a ban, in the name of free speech, but it's still a negative symbol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies