Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 05:14 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Have you ever travelled to the South, cal sur? Because you don't seem to know very much about the region. Why would desert kid be ridiculed and punched?
If desert kid defends the confederacy in many parts of the South [mainly large cities] people would find out & be pissed off that a trouble-maker is coming into their part of the country. My understanding is that the only regions that would welcome anything "confederate" are mostly rural but the large cities are quite different. I was just cautioning desert kid that he might get some people mad at him & they could punch him or call him names.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:30 PM

817 posts, read 853,119 times
People on this thread can't let go of the Confederate flag. I read more about it here than I do in the South. Kind of funny if you ask me.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:55 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,008,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
If desert kid defends the confederacy in many parts of the South [mainly large cities] people would find out & be pissed off that a trouble-maker is coming into their part of the country. My understanding is that the only regions that would welcome anything "confederate" are mostly rural but the large cities are quite different. I was just cautioning desert kid that he might get some people mad at him & they could punch him or call him names.
Hey, what about the "Museum of the Confederacy" in Richmond, VA? Or the Confederate museum in New Orleans? What about that "Confederate Avenue" in Atlanta?

But hey, I'm not a city kid so I won't mind living in the sticks.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:17 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Hey, what about the "Museum of the Confederacy" in Richmond, VA? Or the Confederate museum in New Orleans? What about that "Confederate Avenue" in Atlanta?

Do you know how to fight? Good luck!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:20 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,008,559 times
Quote:
I need not worry, I'll be in the country. If I go to the city it'll just be for the sights.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:22 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,103 times
Quote:
You seem very ignorant on the South.

I've spoken to people fairly openly about my views on the War of Northern Aggression and the Confederate flag, and I have yet to be "beaten up" - And I live in New Jersey.

I don't think this kid will have any problems in the heart of Dixie. The cities of the South are more liberal than Southern rural areas, yes, because urban always equates to less conservative than rural, but they are nothing like NYC, Boston, or San Francisco.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:24 PM

900 posts, read 672,846 times
Quote:
Well GOOOOLLLEEEEY I must be part Irish!

I said the new South 'may' have some admirable qualities. I'm taking DC's word for that because in my experience, it was like a trip back to the dark ages when I was there. DC is a poster who is reasonable and rational in his posts, even though I disagree with him on many things. I don't believe he would lie or stretch the truth, so my inclination is to believe him.

You deduce from that that I'm 'going on' about how wonderful the 'new south' is?

Reading comprehension much of a problem for you? You do understand what the word 'may' means, right?

Old 12-18-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
You seem very ignorant on the South.

I've spoken to people fairly openly about my views on the War of Northern Aggression and the Confederate flag, and I have yet to be "beaten up" - And I live in New Jersey.

I don't think this kid will have any problems in the heart of Dixie. The cities of the South are more liberal than Southern rural areas, yes, because urban always equates to less conservative than rural, but they are nothing like NYC, Boston, or San Francisco.
For which the cities of New York, Boston, and San Francisco are incredibly grateful.

The reason you haven't been beaten up in New Jersey is because, unlike the Secession/Civil War defenders who apparently still haven't come to grips with Appomattox, they don't give a crap.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,103 times
Quote:

I visited a fantastic Confederate museum in Knoxville, TN, as well.

Traditional Southern culture is alive folks, regardless of what some people, like Angus want to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJsHv0uPstk

Old 12-18-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I visited a fantastic Confederate museum in Knoxville, TN, as well.

Traditional Southern culture is alive folks, regardless of what some people, like Angus want to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJsHv0uPstk
Apparently you haven't been reading my posts. I fully understand that the sentiments of the secessionists, slave holders, and rebels is still alive and kicking in the South. That's why I continue to battle it every time one of you apologists posts some nonsensical revisionist history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies