Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:45 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

People should respect the office of President. Trouble is, people who don't know a whole lot get to act as if they do, and in todays society everyone has a voice. People also have no manners. The President EARNS our respect by winning the election. Now, if he does a poor job we boot him out next time around. Unfortunately politics is a new spectator sport with armchair quarterbacks complaining about about everything and looking to pick apart anyone who hold the office JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN.

It would truly be amazing if the majority of the citizens could get behind the President and support him, but I suspect that will never happen again. People LIKE being fractured and picking sides and having an enemy, it's the new American Way and it makes people feel important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 12:45 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yeah, I know. No matter how logical something is some people will find away to justify their behavior.

I manage a men's shelter and I deal with a lot of drug addicts and alcoholics and when they act out and display ignorant behavior they will find a way to justify their actions even if it makes no sense at all.
I enjoy dissent, I just happen to enjoy when dissenters have an actual counterpoint to the party they oppose rather then namecalling. I mean how many people on here have say 3100+ posts that are almost entirely name-calling flamebaiting responses to questions with substance? I can think of at least 5 whacko's here that never actually have an opinion that isn't what Rush, Sean, or Glenn said that afternoon.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:53 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I enjoy dissent, I just happen to enjoy when dissenters have an actual counterpoint to the party they oppose rather then namecalling. I mean how many people on here have say 3100+ posts that are almost entirely name-calling flamebaiting responses to questions with substance? I can think of at least 5 whacko's here that never actually have an opinion that isn't what Rush, Sean, or Glenn said that afternoon.
Sure, nothing wrong with dissent at all. There is way to do it. It seems some people disagree with anything.

You could say the sky is blue and they would say only when it's daytime and the sun is shining.

Most of us understand that the sky is blue but someone always has to pick aprt every little thing. That makes for a very unhappy life.

Ron

Old 11-27-2009, 12:55 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Hilarious! LOL!

At least you are an equal opportunity hater.

People have a hard time reading around here. I said I liked Bush less. Liked less and hate are a little different, don't you think?

Old 11-27-2009, 12:56 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People should respect the office of President. Trouble is, people who don't know a whole lot get to act as if they do, and in todays society everyone has a voice. People also have no manners. The President EARNS our respect by winning the election. Now, if he does a poor job we boot him out next time around. Unfortunately politics is a new spectator sport with armchair quarterbacks complaining about about everything and looking to pick apart anyone who hold the office JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN.

It would truly be amazing if the majority of the citizens could get behind the President and support him, but I suspect that will never happen again. People LIKE being fractured and picking sides and having an enemy, it's the new American Way and it makes people feel important.
Sad but true ...

Old 11-27-2009, 01:09 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Sure, nothing wrong with dissent at all. There is way to do it. It seems some people disagree with anything.

You could say the sky is blue and they would say only when it's daytime and the sun is shining.

Most of us understand that the sky is blue but someone always has to pick aprt every little thing. That makes for a very unhappy life.

Ron
Thats there life not mine. If the whacko's on here behave in real life the way the do online then I'm pretty sure they don't have many friends. Probably explains why they spend so much time online. Anyone with common sense can see that the party-line sheep on the internet aren't exactly the people with the most independent (or enjoyable) lives.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
People have a hard time reading around here. I said I liked Bush less. Liked less and hate are a little different, don't you think?
Oh ... Excuuuuse me! You are an equal opportunity disliker then. Better????

Old 11-27-2009, 01:59 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Ron, there's no getting past the hate with some people. Nice post though...
Disagreeing does not automatically mean it's "hate."

Old 11-27-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Disagreeing does not automatically mean it's "hate."
You do have to admit that some posters are very extreme about their feelings for Obama that goes far beyond simple disagreement ...

Old 11-27-2009, 02:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:

Ron
If you have such a problem with it, why are you posting here?
It's the nature of the beast in the P&OC and Religion forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies