Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:14 AM

81 posts, read 123,608 times

Advertisements

Real Clear Politics Poll

Job Approval ...........Approve Disapprove Spread
Obama .....................49.9%.......44.3% ....5.6%
Congress ..................27.0% ......64.3% ...-37.3%
Direction of Country ...37.7% ......57.2% ...-19.5%

You'd think he would slow down on Cap n' trade, Obamacare, and all his other entitlements, wouldn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 01:51 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,769 times
No, I do not feel he will slow anything down. I feel it has always been his contention that he knows what Americans need even though we may not realize it yet. His adminstration will force whatever they have to do our throats and once it has been passed then and only then will we realize they are our saviours. I say I am glad that he became president because Americans have opened their eyes (at least some of us) and understand the way to make a change is to step up and let our voices be heard with the next votes. And I equally hope the other politicians are taking notice that we expect that our concerns will be their concerns when they get into office.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:38 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
Real Clear Politics Poll

Job Approval ...........Approve Disapprove Spread
Obama .....................49.9%.......44.3% ....5.6%
Congress ..................27.0% ......64.3% ...-37.3%
Direction of Country ...37.7% ......57.2% ...-19.5%

You'd think he would slow down on Cap n' trade, Obamacare, and all his other entitlements, wouldn't you?
Well in his campaign he said he wanted Obamacare, and cap n' trade etc. So if people didn't want those things they should have voted for someone else.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:39 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
I think the poll numbers are unsurprising for any President. No one could have sustained the high numbers he had when he came into office. Poll numbers go up, and poll numbers go down. The only poll that really matters is on Election Day, and we all know who won.

I don't see President Obama slowing down. He ran a campaign based on several big issues, including health care reform, winding down our military presence in Iraq, shifting more attention and troops to Afghanistan, fundamentally changing our policy on climate change, and so on.

People voted for him in large measure because of his views and stated intentions, and they voted for Democratic majorities in the House and Senate to help him accomplish these goals.

Maybe people are surprised that accomplishing these goals is difficult and will require common sacrifices, and that's why his poll numbers are down. Certainly the tanking economy he inherited didn't help, and it has no doubt slowed down some of the things he wanted to do. Perhaps his poll numbers are down because we are surprised when a politician does what he said he would do if elected?

Old 11-28-2009, 05:43 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
No, I do not feel he will slow anything down. I feel it has always been his contention that he knows what Americans need even though we may not realize it yet. His adminstration will force whatever they have to do our throats and once it has been passed then and only then will we realize they are our saviours. I say I am glad that he became president because Americans have opened their eyes (at least some of us) and understand the way to make a change is to step up and let our voices be heard with the next votes. And I equally hope the other politicians are taking notice that we expect that our concerns will be their concerns when they get into office.
\\

Hmmm, sounds like any other political party..............sounds like any other governing group that makes the rules, be it religion, politics or a board of directors.

The next group is the same as the last.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Well in his campaign he said he wanted Obamacare, and cap n' trade etc. So if people didn't want those things they should have voted for someone else.
Nobody knew what those bills would entail during the campaign or how much worse the economy would get under Obama.
I'll bet many would like a "do over", but they'll have to wait till 2012.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I think the poll numbers are unsurprising for any President. No one could have sustained the high numbers he had when he came into office. Poll numbers go up, and poll numbers go down. The only poll that really matters is on Election Day, and we all know who won.

I don't see President Obama slowing down. He ran a campaign based on several big issues, including health care reform, winding down our military presence in Iraq, shifting more attention and troops to Afghanistan, fundamentally changing our policy on climate change, and so on.

People voted for him in large measure because of his views and stated intentions, and they voted for Democratic majorities in the House and Senate to help him accomplish these goals.

Maybe people are surprised that accomplishing these goals is difficult and will require common sacrifices, and that's why his poll numbers are down. Certainly the tanking economy he inherited didn't help, and it has no doubt slowed down some of the things he wanted to do. Perhaps his poll numbers are down because we are surprised when a politician does what he said he would do if elected?
Good, accurate and truthful points.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Nobody knew what those bills would entail during the campaign or how much worse the economy would get under Obama.
So you think people didn't know what universal healthcare meant? Well then they should have been more educated before they voted.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:07 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post

Yea, he only won by 10 million votes.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I know, i did not vote for him, many friends who did, sincerely now, they really regret it in the worse way, and yes to your latter question, they would love to do it over again. They were stonch democrats now i do not know what the hek they are going to do. But most of them except for 1 are not happy campers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies