Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:18 AM

300 posts, read 429,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Saggy, we know you are left of Mao, but even the dems voted to stop ACORN funding due to outrageous unethical and criminal behavior. When you support such an organization, it simply defines that you are so far left you have fallen off the edge of the world.
Very good post - and points. "Left of Mao"! That's funny

You are correct though - even Democrats in Congress are rejecting / abandoning ACORN because of some of the practices by some of the local ACORN affiliates.

"Left of Mao"!!! ROFLMAOOOO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Nothing Holder does surprises me anymore.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:42 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,463,266 times
Quote:
Let's see-
1. Voter fraud for registering thousands of false names
Try again. Voter fraud is voting or making a serious effort to vote when one is not properly registered to vote. ACORN has never been associated with any incident of actual voter fraud anywhere. Voter registration fraud confuses many right-wingers because it has a similar sounding name, but is actually a completely different thing. That's where some canvasser in a voter registration drive decides to turn in patterns of bogus cards to make him- or herself look good in the eyes of supervisors. Various of the 13,000 canvassers ACORN hired in the 2008 election cycle were guilty of attempts to defraud their employer in ths way. Sort of like many of Macy's sales associates end up getting caught for shoplifting from their own store. And just as it is often Macy's who catches such people and turns them over to authorities, ACORN regularly catches such people and turns them (and the evidence against them) over to authorities.

Quote:
2. Video evidence of ACORN staff members helping to arrange financing for a house of prositution
What financing was arranged? What actual help was provided? Can you be a little more specific here? By the way, the income tax advice offered for prostitutes was correct. So, to this point, I'm not seeing any of this corruption or criminality inherent in providing accurate tax information while providing no actual help to obtain any actual financing. But do go on. I'm sure you'll get to some actual point eventually.

Quote:
3. shredding and discarding documents that may implicate thier criminal activities
What's in YOUR wastebasket? Am I also permitted to suggest that whatever it is might implicate you in criminal activities and have that be taken as fact? What criminal activities are you actually talking about? Where are the actual papers that actually support any such claim? Talk is cheap. Particularly when it comes from the right-wing. Put something concrete on the table, or simply admit that you don't have the goods.

Quote:
Saggy, we know you are left of Mao, but even the dems voted to stop ACORN funding due to outrageous unethical and criminal behavior. When you support such an organization, it simply defines that you are so far left you have fallen off the edge of the world.
Yada yada yada. This is just more of the same hot air and smoke and mirrors that you direct against ACORN.

WHERE'S THE BEEF???
-- Clara Peller

Old 11-28-2009, 09:45 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Look folks let the loony left continue to defend the indefensible, the American people see through it. While these guys are cozying up to ACORN the Republicans are planning strategies to win in 2010 and it is working.

Even a fellow traveler in this thread concedes they are a corrupt organization. I don't think too many of the loony left will catch on in time that the American people see ACORN for what it is.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,463,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Look folks let the loony left continue to defend the indefensible, the American people see through it. While these guys are cozying up to ACORN the Republicans are planning strategies to win in 2010 and it is working. Even a fellow traveler in this thread concedes they are a corrupt organization. I don't think too many of the loony left will catch on in time that the American people see ACORN for what it is.
You're doing it again...

Old 11-28-2009, 09:52 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
As are you and it is kind of fun knowing I can make you do it.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Give me a break. The entire anti-ACORN campaign is nothing but smears put forward by a Republican Party scared to death of what American demographics mean for the future of the party. They are determined at all costs to keep people like ACORN from helping bring registration and voting rates among eligible minority and other low- and moderate income people up to the levels of those in more more upscale white communities. There are millions of entirely eligible but uncast votes out there, and not so many of them are Republican. That's all the problem that there actually is with ACORN...

So I take it you don't think voter registration cannot be accompished without the criminal element and the assistance with child prostitution?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
Hey, Komrade LFO, can you read the trial transcripts in Nevada?

You know, the ones where Acorn members were tried and convicted of voter fraud?

Just asking...

Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
So I take it you don't think voter registration cannot be accompished without the criminal element and the assistance with child prostitution?
"Well, to make an omelet..."

- Saggy

Old 11-28-2009, 07:31 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Try again. Voter fraud is voting or making a serious effort to vote when one is not properly registered to vote. ACORN has never been associated with any incident of actual voter fraud anywhere. Voter registration fraud confuses many right-wingers because it has a similar sounding name, but is actually a completely different thing. That's where some canvasser in a voter registration drive decides to turn in patterns of bogus cards to make him- or herself look good in the eyes of supervisors. Various of the 13,000 canvassers ACORN hired in the 2008 election cycle were guilty of attempts to defraud their employer in ths way. Sort of like many of Macy's sales associates end up getting caught for shoplifting from their own store. And just as it is often Macy's who catches such people and turns them over to authorities, ACORN regularly catches such people and turns them (and the evidence against them) over to authorities.

What financing was arranged? What actual help was provided? Can you be a little more specific here? By the way, the income tax advice offered for prostitutes was correct. So, to this point, I'm not seeing any of this corruption or criminality inherent in providing accurate tax information while providing no actual help to obtain any actual financing. But do go on. I'm sure you'll get to some actual point eventually.

What's in YOUR wastebasket? Am I also permitted to suggest that whatever it is might implicate you in criminal activities and have that be taken as fact? What criminal activities are you actually talking about? Where are the actual papers that actually support any such claim? Talk is cheap. Particularly when it comes from the right-wing. Put something concrete on the table, or simply admit that you don't have the goods.

Yada yada yada. This is just more of the same hot air and smoke and mirrors that you direct against ACORN.

WHERE'S THE BEEF???
-- Clara Peller

So creating fraudulent voter registration, arranging tax payer money for an ILLEGAL enterprise like prositution (please, Saggy, you are killing me), arranging for the Black Panthers to obstruct voting, and shredding evidence while under investigation is all fine?

WHERE'S THE BEEF? ARE YOU INSANE, OR JUST COMPLETELY BLINDED BY THE SCALES OF LIBERALISM?

Your supporting an organization that is obviously, by thier own action, a criminal organization opposed to the concepts of fair elections in the US reveals your personal views and opposition to the basic premises of the US Constitution. Saggy, can you tell us why you chose the name "Saganista"? Only a hard core marxist would find such a name complementary or a reflection of one's personal views. Stalin would be proud of you- America is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies