Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
How smart are you?

FactCheck.org: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_bill_clinton_pass_up_a_chance_1.html - broken link)
I posted the full text of that article 3 times, and the pertinent conclusion once already in this thread. They don't care. They're wearing blinders so thick that they can't even feel it when someone's poking them directly in their eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post

And in early 2001 Bush was warned about a probable attack on the WTC!
I debunked every single item on that list, showing why either OBL wasn't considered a suspect AT THE TIME, or that our investigations were thwarted by the local governments where those incidents occurred.

Again, they don't care. We know now that OBL was behind most, if not all of them, but they act like we had all the intelligence and evidence AT THAT TIME to actually get an indictment or conviction, had there even been any CREDIBLE offer to turn him over, or any CREDIBLE information as to where or how we could get to him.

What the hell, once more for grins and giggles:
Quote:
Originally Posted by factcheck.org

Ultimately, however, it doesn’t matter. What is not in dispute at all is the fact that, in early 1996, American officials regarded Osama bin Laden as a financier of terrorism and not as a mastermind largely because, at the time, there was no real evidence that bin Laden had harmed American citizens. So even if the Sudanese government really did offer to hand bin Laden over, the U.S. would have had no grounds for detaining him. In fact, the Justice Department did not secure an indictment against bin Laden until 1998 – at which point Clinton did order a cruise missile attack on an al Qaeda camp in an attempt to kill bin Laden.

We have to be careful about engaging in what historians call "Whig history," which is the practice of assuming that historical figures value exactly the same things that we do today. It's a fancy term for those "why didn't someone just shoot Hitler in 1930?" questions that one hears in dorm-room bull sessions. The answer, of course, is that no one knew quite how bad Hitler was in 1930. The same is true of bin Laden in 1996.
But hey, that source seems to be invisible to them, so let's try another one! snopes.com: Clinton Administration and Terrorists
"In August 1998, President Clinton ordered missile strikes against targets in Afghanistan in an effort to hit Osama bin Laden, who had been linked to the embassy bombings in Africa (and was later connected to the attack on the USS Cole). The missiles reportedly missed bin Laden by a few hours, and Clinton was widely criticized by many who claimed he had ordered the strikes primarily to draw attention away from the Monica Lewinsky scandal."
But like our current President, he was damned when he did, and now damned when he didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

And these were all attributed to OBL?
I don't think so.

The WTC person was arrested, jailed, tried, sentenced.
As it should be.
And that's not all we did. ALSO already posted in this thread, during President Clinton's two terms in office, we:
  • Captured Ramzi Yousef;
  • Arrested and convicted Wali Khan Amin Shah;
  • Initiated a grand jury investigation of bin Laden in New York;
  • Uncovered his network in 56 countries;
  • Pressured Sudan to expel him;
  • Garnered the cooperation of Jamal Ahmed al-Fadl regarding Al Qaeda's organization and how it operates;
  • Convicted Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, Abdul Hakim Murad, and Wali Khan Amin Shah;
  • Arrested Mohamed al-'Owhali and got him to confess to his role in the embassy bombing;
  • Fired Tomahawk missiles at a suspected Al Qaeda camp in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan, which was suspected of producing chemical weapons for bin Laden (I don't think I have to tell you how the Right criticized that one);
  • Arrested Ali Mohamed and got his cooperation regarding bin Laden;
  • Thwarted an attack on Los Angeles International Airport by arresting Ahmed Ressam when he was caught entering the U.S. with 130 pounds of explosives
But nooooo, Clinton just let bin Laden and his gang of terrorists get away without doing anything according to these bozos.

Facts don't matter in their world. Thank goodness I don't live in it -- it sounds like a very scary place to try to maintain sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I have a question
was there not a video of this clown when clinton was president and no one took a shot at him?
American Thinker: Bill Clinton, Bin Laden, and Hysterical Revisions

Quote:
I do not think bush is desprate for anything to be held back unless it places us in danger
You need to think again.

Quote:
he did what he thought he should do and did not give a damn in what the media thinks
he did not trash clinton his whole time in office
I guess that's why the elaborate fabrication of lies. As for trashing Clinton, he had enough minions then and now to do that for him.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I posted the full text of that article 3 times, and the pertinent conclusion once already in this thread. They don't care.
No, you dont care, because I have already debunked your response and you keep posting and repeating the link as if it holds any validity to your argument. It does not!!!
Quote:
But like our current President, he was damned when he did, and now damned when he didn't.
Did you switch back to the topic of Bush, or are you still crying because people point out problems with Clinton?

Quote:
And that's not all we did. ALSO already posted in this thread, during President Clinton's two terms in office, we:
  • Captured Ramzi Yousef;
  • Arrested and convicted Wali Khan Amin Shah;
  • Initiated a grand jury investigation of bin Laden in New York;
  • Uncovered his network in 56 countries;
  • Pressured Sudan to expel him;
  • Garnered the cooperation of Jamal Ahmed al-Fadl regarding Al Qaeda's organization and how it operates;
  • Convicted Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, Abdul Hakim Murad, and Wali Khan Amin Shah;
  • Arrested Mohamed al-'Owhali and got him to confess to his role in the embassy bombing;
  • Fired Tomahawk missiles at a suspected Al Qaeda camp in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan, which was suspected of producing chemical weapons for bin Laden (I don't think I have to tell you how the Right criticized that one);
  • Arrested Ali Mohamed and got his cooperation regarding bin Laden;
  • Thwarted an attack on Los Angeles International Airport by arresting Ahmed Ressam when he was caught entering the U.S. with 130 pounds of explosives
But nooooo, Clinton just let bin Laden and his gang of terrorists get away without doing anything according to these bozos.

Facts don't matter in their world. Thank goodness I don't live in it -- it sounds like a very scary place to try to maintain sanity.
How did any of the above stop bin Laden? Remember the topic?

I guess we can be thankful for Clinton, because if it wasnt for all of the actions taken above, the WTC might have been bombed by airplanes killing thousands of individuals or something.. Good thing that never happened...

Last edited by pghquest; 11-30-2009 at 12:06 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I guess that's why the elaborate fabrication of lies. As for trashing Clinton, he had enough minions then and now to do that for him.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
there was 41 contracts for oil, 35 of them went to other countries, 6 of them went to american countries..
Iraq to award oil contracts to foreign firms

Those 6 contracts were ALL cancelled..
New York Times credible enough for you?

Iraq cancels six no-bid oil contracts - The New York Times

It amazes me that all of you pretend experts who claim the war was about oil, are unaware that we received ZERO oil..
I figured I'd rely to this post with a
Seeing how no one has disputed it!!

Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

And how many met mysterious deaths and/or was indicted?

Still looking in the OP's article link for mention of Bush, btw....

Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
there was 41 contracts for oil, 35 of them went to other countries, 6 of them went to american countries..
Iraq to award oil contracts to foreign firms

Those 6 contracts were ALL cancelled..
New York Times credible enough for you?

Iraq cancels six no-bid oil contracts - The New York Times

It amazes me that all of you pretend experts who claim the war was about oil, are unaware that we received ZERO oil..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Wow, liberals whined their arses off that we went to Iraq for the oil.

Well folks, NOT ONE DAMN DROP of oil has come our way.

And why is Obama also giving out no bid contracts and only allowing of course his union scam buddies to bid on government jobs?
Have you heard the U.S. is not running the oil over there? They're on their own now in that area.

My request for links had to do with your last boast about Obama personally controlling no bid contracts.

Yes, The New York Times is good enough, I've subscribed for several years now.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Have you heard the U.S. is not running the oil over there? They're on their own now in that area.
They were ALWAYS on their own in that area..
Quote:
My request for links had to do with your last boast about Obama personally controlling no bid contracts.
I didnt make the claim, nor do I have a problem with most no-bid contracts, considering that very few of these contracts actually have "real" qualified competition. But indeed Obama has given out lots of no-bid contracts while discussing the fact that he wishes to change the practice.
Newsmax.com - No-Bid Stimulus Contracts Wasting Millions (http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/stimulus_contracts/2009/07/18/237250.html - broken link)

more than $543 million in federal contracts have been awarded so far without competition under Obama's $787 billion stimulus program.
Quote:
Yes, The New York Times is good enough, I've subscribed for several years now.
Always glad to find a source the people agree with..

Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Clinton didn't even recognise that the first wrold trade bombing was a terroriest attack and hasd antion security involved;he viewed it has a local law enforcement problem.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:48 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The time for Bush bashing is long over. I have been anti-Bush ever since he was "appointed" President, but crying over spilt milk does none of us any good. We need to focus on where do we want to go from here, and how do we get there.
That's fine but try to be accurate. Bush was not "appointed" President...he won the 2000 election with 271 electoral votes. Even with the Florida Supreme Court changing the rules after an election, Bush still won Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies