Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

By the way...here's an example of what federal tax money did to my home:

Your federal tax dollars paid for this. Your federal tax dollars paid to kill my island.

Next time y'all want to blare about how Alaska doesn't "pay its way"...we've paid our way in spades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 11:49 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default Obama Quit His Job Naw....No Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You are correct, since team obama the job killer has taken over I confess there are no jobs for anyone to even leave one job for another.

With someone special like Palin it is different, she can find a job within a second if she wants one, but then again she doesn't need one when you write 2 books and both of them set records for sales.

If you do not see my point then you are not with it. People move around all the time, this is what the liberals are pushing all the time, to be able to move from a job to better job and take your insurance/health care with you. So they are now lying about that?

Face it, the liberals are scared to death of Palin.

And Obama QUIT HIS JOB AS SENATOR to take a temporary job in Washington. He gave up on his Illinois voters.
Howest2008.....Obama quit his JOB naw...he was just promoted
to the most powerful JOB IN THE WORLD that's all....

Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
She has nothing to hide, bold, likable, smart, willing to drill, not into spending, lower taxes, more border patrol, bring all military home, and bring gold back to $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow is Sanrene your sister? Is there anyone that actually thinks the president controls the price of gold.... Do you hold shares in the Brooklyn Bridge too?

Nothing to hide? she fled office so she wouldn't be prosecuted out of it. I would say she should stick to parenting, but she wasnt even good at that.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:48 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I've already explained that a good portion of the federal monies that go into the State of Alaska go to the military. That supposedly benefits the entire U.S.

The average Alaskan sees no benefit whatsoever from the tourism industry. Actually, the tourist industry has pretty much wrecked the economy of the port cities.

Once again, Anchorage is basically a pit stop for most Alaskan tourists/travelers. They may spend one night there and then continue on. I really can't hold their room tax against them though, since it's common practice in much of the U.S.

Once again, most of the tourism related jobs (during the summer) are held by non residents.

The cruise ships provide the bulk of the tourists to Alaska. These people, by nature, are not travelers. And most of the money they spend goes directly to outside interests.
Interesting spin.

I've know people who owned lodges. They made most of their money off tourists. I've know people in Anchorage who owned restaurants. They along with their wait staff made a great deal of money off tourists. I've know guides. They made most of their money off tourists. I've known pilots. Many made a good deal of their money off tourists. I've know craftsmen. The made a lot of money selling to tourists. All of them lived in Alaska, most of them year 'round.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Interesting spin.

I've know people who owned lodges. They made most of their money off tourists. I've know people in Anchorage who owned restaurants. They along with their wait staff made a great deal of money off tourists. I've know guides. They made most of their money off tourists. I've known pilots. Many made a good deal of their money off tourists. I've know craftsmen. The made a lot of money selling to tourists. All of them lived in Alaska, most of them year 'round.
We all know those people too. Nonetheless, the bulk of the tourism industry is generated by the cruise ship industry.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:48 PM

221 posts, read 228,634 times
Whatever happened to her bridge to nowhere? Oh, wait a minute, she's on it!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
Whatever happened to her bridge to nowhere? Oh, wait a minute, she's on it!
LOL--don't think I can give you any more rep just now but about the bridge...she was all for it until the media spun it into something evil. She should be forced to fly in and out of Ketchikan every three days for her 180 on that....meanwhile, they did build the road to nowhere for a couple of million but it just sits there doing nothing.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
We all know those people too. Nonetheless, the bulk of the tourism industry is generated by the cruise ship industry.
And a lot of people in Alaska live on the dollars the tourist industry generates.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
She has nothing to hide, bold, likable, smart, willing to drill, not into spending, lower taxes, more border patrol, bring all military home, and bring gold back to $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's the opposite of everything you said.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Palin 2012!!!
Palin 2012, I don't think so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies