Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many of you take medication for a mental illness?
I do 8 16.67%
I do sometimes 1 2.08%
Never 36 75.00%
Ron,I'm not telling you jack! 3 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I can understand that. I feel the same way.......I just don't know if I will ever have children. The people in this world are to far gone for me.

Not everyone but there are some real nuts walking around.
Yeah, I understand. No kids for me, but that's mostly because I love my job and couldn't do it as well as I do plus be a mom and my boyfriend reproduced himself already. His two are beautiful, lovely young adults who are well on their way to being really cool people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 07:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
I voted yes before I got the gist of the thread. After open heart surgery, I've been taking 2 cholesterol lowering drugs, 1 vascular dialator, 1 beta blocker and plavix, the red blood cell slicker. Don't take any drugs for the mind. None that are perscription, anyway.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:17 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
I practiced some psychiatric treatment on myself with street drugs back in the 20th century. What I was able to achieve no doctor or psychiatrist could have done for me. Turned my life around. I even learned some french.

Now I just abuse whatever drugs I can concoct from my local grocery shelves. And some BC bud when I can find it.

No, I didn't vote.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,246 times
Quote:
Be honest........

Dumb poll............with the question on the post being one thing and the question on the poll being different. So, I will answer, yes. I take a asprine almost every week during the football season to ease my mental anguish caused by the Detroit Lions.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I voted yes before I got the gist of the thread. After open heart surgery, I've been taking 2 cholesterol lowering drugs, 1 vascular dialator, 1 beta blocker and plavix, the red blood cell slicker. Don't take any drugs for the mind. None that are perscription, anyway.
Same here!! I take a diuretic for blood pressure, nothing for mental illness. I guess this poll didn't work too well.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Same here!! I take a diuretic for blood pressure, nothing for mental illness. I guess this poll didn't work too well.
I think this is what Ron meant, though he's more than welcome to speak for himself. He'd been on some threads where people were making crazy posts (imagine that), and I think he thought a question like this would reveal whether people were actually crazy. It made sense in that context, but on page 3 or so I realized it wouldn't make sense to other people who weren't involved with the initial insanity.

That's why I said earlier that the problem really wasn't people who take meds for mental illness, as they are no different than people who take meds for other things people have mentioned, but with the people who may have a mental illness and don't take meds.

Some people who make mean or crazy posts here I think are just basically angry and unhappy. Their posts are the equivalent of road rage or something like that. I don't know. I'm basically a happy person, and even when I passionately disagree with someone online, I don't hate them. The two things that get me mad are extreme hypocrisy and extreme disrespect. I think both of those things were on display in those previous threads ron and I were participating in, and that what was motivating his creation of this thread.

Last edited by diva360; 11-29-2009 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: clarity issues

Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I don't understand this thinking. Do you mean that you don't take a painkiller if your head hurts, or that your head doesn't hurt ever?

I find the last statement hard to believe, but if true, ok. If your head hurts and you don't take a simple harmless pain reliever, then my question is, why would you want to suffer needlessly?

I only take asperin if I have a really bad headache. I rarely get headaches and besides I want to be aware of what is going on in my body instead of disguising it. I never get sick. maybe a slight cold every couple of years.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Be honest........
A) It is none of your business.

B) You want a person to answer where their screename is of record?

Question: Do you have a mental illness??

Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
This poll makes me nervous...anybody have some zannies?

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,428 times
I do sometimes when I get sick. I take Advil or Robitussin for that but don't take any perscription meds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies