Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Again you left out this important info. $15,200 for premiums in 2016 is great.
From $13000 today, under current law. That's a 17% increase. WHO do you think is going to subsidize those premiums for people who can't afford them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
So by your own admission it does nothing except set the stage for government take over of healthcare.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
No by "my own admission" it sets the stage to leverage the buying power of government. Can you read?

But yes it should lead to an increase role for Government in health care.

And that's a good thing.

In ALL other Western Countries

**They cover everyone.

**The have higher rated health care systems,

**The cost is 2/3 what it is here in the USA.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The public option sets the framework for costs cuts to come in the future.

Once in placee then you can leverage the huge buying power of a nationwide government plan to put the pressure on health providers.

Not much cost cutting in this bill because the GOP allied with Blue Dog Democrats ( that you praise) will kill a bill that makes the drug, hospital, and insurance industry sacrifice.

Baby steps first Coalman.
So...a bill that violates from the get-go one of the goals of HC reform, will suddenly realize those cost cuts sometime in the future?

You have to be kidding me.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
The analysis does not measure the effects on premiums of a proposed excise tax on the most expensive insurance plans. Consistent with their previous reports, the CBO and the JCT predict that most people who currently have so-called Cadillac insurance plans would opt for less expensive insurance to avoid the tax.
You know that the dems are counting on $259 billion from that excise tax as a revenue stream, right?

According to the CBO and JCT, those in "cadillac" plans will opt for less expensive coverage to avoid the tax.

HOW will the dems make up for that lost revenue?

Old 11-30-2009, 05:57 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It's not talking about group plans or those on medicare. Those plans cover 85% of Americans who have insurance.

It's talking about those few Americans that have individual plans.

Why am I having to tell you this???????????????????????????????
So premiums for those whose coverage is paid for by those "evil corporations" employing the large groups will go down (read: more profit for the "evil corporations"), and premiums for the small business owners and individuals - who are already paying the most for insurance - will go up.

That's OK with you?

I thought you hardcore lefties were all about bringing down the "evil corporations", and supporting individuals and the "little guy". At least, that's what you hardcore lefties are always saying...

...but as usual, you're willing to let party politics trump what you claim are matters of principle. Ever hear of the word "integrity"?

Old 11-30-2009, 05:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
From $13000 today, under current law. That's a 17% increase. WHO do you think is going to subsidize those premiums for people who can't afford them?
Why you of course. They'll be paying $100 per month and you'll be paying $2000 a month.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

...but as usual, you're willing to let party politics trump what you claim are matters of principle. Ever hear of the word "integrity"?
As long as they get theirs..to hell with everyone else.."those" other people are rich so they can pay.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:00 PM

782 posts, read 3,789,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
My premiums is $14,000 for my family so around 8%. If we use your figure of 17% increase over 7 years is still better than 5% the stealers charge now on the conservative side for 7 years which goes over 35% of premiums now. If the Guberment(tax payers) subsidize at some of that, It will be a win win situation for me and people who can't afford it.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
As long as they get theirs..to hell with everyone else.."those" other people are rich so they can pay.
Yeah, being "rich" is awesome! I just LOVE working 12-14 hours every day, plus several hours on the weekends, just to hopefully scratch together enough money each month to pay our bills. Yep, being a business owner sure is making me wealthy!

These people have NO CLUE what it means to own a small business. They do their little worker bee drone dance every day and THINK they have a concept of it, but they don't. All they know is that if they show up each day, do whatever the minimum is to keep the boss off their back, and go home at 5pm, their paycheck shows up at the end of the week, and that's all they care about.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
My premiums is $14,000 for my family so around 8%. If we use your figure of 17% increase over 7 years is still better than 5% the stealers charge now on the conservative side for 7 years which goes over 35% of premiums now. If the Guberment(tax payers) subsidize at some of that, It will be a win win situation for me and people who can't afford it.
Is there a reason why you think others should pay for your health care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies