Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't support any party. They are all one in the same. Both support the corporation over the taxpayer. Don't you see that ?

Obama most certainly is protecting the insurers and drug makers and the lobbyists. Why most of that bill is written by the lobbyists.
No I don't see that. Any fool with half a brain can see the majority of Democrats are going against the wishes of medical industry lobbyists in supporting a bill that goes against their wishes.

Has it been watered down? Yes. Has it barely touched the cost savings it could have? Yes.

All concessions made to bribe Blue Dog Dems (Corporate shills) to get them to vote for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 06:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
I don't support any party. They are all one in the same. Both support the corporation over the taxpayer. Don't you see that ?

Obama most certainly is protecting the insurers and drug makers and the lobbyists. Why most of that bill is written by the lobbyists.
No I don't see that. Any fool with half a brain can see the majority of Democrats are going against the wishes of medical industry lobbyists in supporting a bill that goes against their wishes.

Has it been watered down? Yes. Has it barely touched the cost savings it could have? Yes.

All concessions made to bribe Blue Dog Dems (Corporate shills) to get them to vote for it.

You actually help the corporate shills by not giving credit where credit is due.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh really! Then you will be posting a link that confirms that I'm sure!

LOL
CBO: Senate bill would increase individual insurance premiums - TheHill.com

Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
padcrasher..do some reading. Deals were made.

Pharma Stocks Heat Up As Health Care Reform Approaches
"Specifically, Big Pharma stands to benefit from the deal it cut with the White House, in which the industry would contribute $80 billion over ten years to reform, in exchange for a commitment that the government would not use its purchasing power to lower prescription drug prices."

Old 11-30-2009, 07:11 PM

The Dems are in bed with corporate and banking interests; it's not just Republicans anymore.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

You actually help the corporate shills by not giving credit where credit is due.
No, actually YOU are helping the corporate shills. This healthcare subsidy bill will pad their pockets and provide a steady revenue stream and guaranteed profits...all at YOUR expense.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
The Dems are in bed with corporate and banking interests; it's not just Republicans anymore.
You forgot the healthcare and union interests..

Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Pad, I just have to ask. I've asked it many times, but obamacare supporters never really answer.

Why do you think the government can run ANYTHING in a efficient, cost-effective manner? If you look at all the big bureaucratic entitlement programs, what they said at the time regarding how much it would cost and then look at the reality..........the programs are tens of trillions in the red.

Why do you think that will change?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Pad, I just have to ask. I've asked it many times, but obamacare supporters never really answer.

Why do you think the government can run ANYTHING in a efficient, cost-effective manner? If you look at all the big bureaucratic entitlement programs, what they said at the time regarding how much it would cost and then look at the reality..........the programs are tens of trillions in the red.

Why do you think that will change?
Barack "The Magic Negro".

Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Barack "The Magic Negro".
can we please keep the postings factual and based upon merrits, not nonsense like this? Obama has pleanty of faults, and this type of garbage just distracts from them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies