U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,288,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You are quite correct. It was planned by Democrats who chose to not dirty their hands with it during the Clinton years. After eight years of neglect and a 25% attrition rate, the CIA was unable to forewarn us about the pending 9/11 attacks comming from the failed state of Afghanistan. This made putting off the inevitable no longer possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8

U.S. removes 'yellowcake' from Iraq - Conflict in Iraq- msnbc.com
Blame, blame, blame.

No mention of the National Intelligence Estimate of October '02 on Iraq. How come? Doesn't fit the "blame Clinton" line?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:09 AM

759 posts, read 741,362 times
I am just glad the idiot is out of office!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:19 AM

33,890 posts, read 22,187,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
. . . and the actions of Reagan and H.W. before him.

. . . and the financial support to the masterminds of WTC bombing and 9/11 from Reagan and H.W. before that.

I'd wager you couldn't provide a single credible reference to anything to support that silly statement. Who am I kidding, you're a Republican, of course you can't. Duh!

I vote this the dumbest and saddest statement ever entered into these forums.

Was it Reagan or GHWB who repealed Glass-Steigall at the request of Citicorp so they could merge with the Traveler's Group to form Citigroup?

"Clinton vowed to veto the Senate version of the bill unless it was re-written to include "requirements that banks make loans to minorities, farmers, and others who have had little access to credit."

ICKY PEOPLE: Phil Gramm, Bill Clinton Key Culprits in Subprime Meltdown

Bush and McCain Proposed Oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac « Can I Just Finish My Waffle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMIn...eature=related

YouTube - EVIDENCE FOUND!!! Clinton administration's "BANK AFFIRMATIVE ACTION" They forced banks to make BAD LOANS and ACORN and Obama's tie to all of it!!!

So after Carter invited the invasion of Afghanistan (30 days later) by allowing our military ally in Iran to fall, what should have been the US response?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:26 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,408,615 times
He gets the blame numurous times in this document, his justification for "VERY STRONG RULINGS" to "fundementally change our lives."
httpwww.landrights.orgGreenPlan4Obama

Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,189,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That you for offering someone elses opinion about who is the worst president.

Im my personal and honest opinon George Bush was a horrible president in every aspect that I can think of, and I truly believe he was the worst this country has ever seen I don't care what historians say, because every historian will have their own opinion.

One day you too will be able to form your own opinion.
Apparently, you not only hate George W. Bush,...you hate intellectuals as well. That figures,...ignorance compounded by hatred for the more intelligent.

Historians support their analysis of various administrations with FACTS. To equate your opinion with those of scholars is quite amusing. Keep on writing,..I have always enjoyed the Three Stooges.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Blame, blame, blame.

No mention of the National Intelligence Estimate of October '02 on Iraq. How come? Doesn't fit the "blame Clinton" line?

If you're trying to make the case that Clinton simply punted all of his unfinished business to Bush, I agree.

Key Judgments: Iraq's Continuing Programs for Weapons of Mass Destruction

The Democrats were right and we had every reason to believe that Iraq was concealing WMDs. Stockpiles of yellow cake, chemical agent precursors and biological weapon growth medium in addition to traces of chemical weapons in soil samples all point to an active WMD program that was interrupted.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,983,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
I'm no George Bush fan, but give me GW over Obama ANY day. We KNOW where Bush was born,...when,...that his parents were married,...his grades in college,...etc.,..etc.,. Bush's life is not shrouded in mystery, but is an open book. Now please folks,..inform us about Obama's college records at Occidental and Columbia, and why those records have been closed to the voting public.

As for the "alcoholic" comments from the leftist haters,...let it be known that Obama is not pure as wind-driven snow,...he'll snort a line or two and smoke a little dope,..by his own admission. Used dope,...and may still be using, No one knows.....
What a sad joke.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 AM

73,524 posts, read 39,415,943 times
Bush's mission to get 5.5 million low income minorities mortgages when they would not otherwise qualify for them.

Mobilizing the Private Sector: America's Homeownership Challenge

• Establish a national goal of at least 5.5 million new minority homeowners before the end of the decade.
  • Challenge the private sector real estate and mortgage finance industries to dramatically increase their efforts to reduce the barriers to homeownership faced by minority families and to work with the nonprofit sector in a concerted effort to achieve this goal through national and local partnerships.
  • Convene a White House Conference on Increasing Minority Homeownership, to highlight the homeownership barriers faced by minorities and develop proposed solutions.
  • A substantial increase of at least $440 billion in the financial commitment made by the government-sponsored enterprises involved in the secondary mortgage market, specifically targeted toward the minority market;
  • Twenty-five different local initiatives to be undertaken across the nation, geared toward eliminating the specific homeownership barriers faced by minority families in those communities;
  • A commitment to raise $750 million in below-market-rate investments by 2007, which will work in collaboration with local homeownership initiatives and be targeted to heavily minority program areas;
  • Pursuing strategic partnerships in 20 top housing markets between homebuilders, lenders, local officials, and community leaders to develop approaches that address the local challenges to building homes for minority families living in urban centers;
  • Establishing of faith-based housing partnerships between the participants and at least 100 churches, mosques, synagogues, and other faith-based institutions;
  • Aggressively developing new mortgage products so that conventional market alternatives are available to combat the predatory loan products that are disproportionately targeted to minorities;
  • Creating new mortgage products to meet the unique needs of recent immigrants;
  • Dramatically expanding financial education efforts for minorities, providing financial counseling to at least 380,000 minority families, and taking measures at the local level to reduce predatory lending; and
  • Establishing multilingual, consumer-oriented internet Web sites designed to help minorities overcome barriers to homeownership, including creation of a central data bank of affordable housing programs made available to real estate agents when working with clients.
These are simply beginning efforts in what is meant to be an ongoing challenge to the private sector. To continue finding new strategies to expand opportunities, and in order to maintain a strong focus on this goal, the White House will convene a conference on increasing minority homeownership, both as a forum for continued discussion of how best to tear down the barriers to homeownership and to promote successful strategies that expand opportunities.

Homeownership Policy Book - Chapter 2

Old 12-01-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I am just glad the idiot is out of office!

Hmm, so what do you like about the new idiot?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,983,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmm, so what do you like about the new idiot?
How many law degree's do you have? Oh yeah that's right. he's an idiot Because you don't agree with his politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies