Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,786 times

Advertisements

china. because of the exports and imports, what say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 05:09 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,873,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I suspect ANY country in the world, given $133 billion, would be kissing US butt on their hands and knees 24/7. And that sucks, about them receiving more federal aid per capita than our own countrymen.

Why do we do this, again? And why are we still doing this?
We give about $5 billion a year to Israel. Alot of it, over half, is military aid so the comparison by the previous poster is pointless. I assume he is getting his $133b figure since the beginning of the nations creation. I think the economic aid factor is being phased out. I can get into reason why we do it but it is somewhat off subject and then we get into the tiresome palestinian issues and anti-semetic posts.
Private US citizins give Israel almost $2 billion a year! Ask them why they give it.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:12 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,109,604 times
The figures provided have been given before and yes, that thread went way off-topic. In fact, I was about to respond and decided against it, suspecting ulterior motives (again).

Thanks for the more corrected figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd7I4 View Post
We give about $5 billion a year to Israel. Alot of it, over half, is military aid so the comparison by the previous poster is pointless. I assume he is getting his $133b figure since the beginning of the nations creation. I think the economic aid factor is being phased out. I can get into reason why we do it but it is somewhat off subject and then we get into the tiresome palestinian issues and anti-semetic posts.
Private US citizins give Israel almost $2 billion a year! Ask them why they give it.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:30 PM

29 posts, read 79,558 times
Wink give em more

Quote:

Gen 12:3 And I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM

I think we may be surprised at who does give individual donations to Israel. I'd love to see some figures, but find it difficult to believe it is anyone reading this passage.

It is more likely, and I will try to find some facts, that Jewish agencies and Americans will ties to Israel are giving to Israel, not born again Christians worrying about the Rapture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMUSMM View Post
Gen 12:3 And I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 PM

Do you have any references for these figures? I tried a few searches and I am coming up with nada worth sharing--lots of propaganda no facts.

Quote:

Old 05-23-2007, 05:06 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,873,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Do you have any references for these figures? I tried a few searches and I am coming up with nada worth sharing--lots of propaganda no facts.
I think, out of curiousity, I entered "US foreign aid" into yahoo and came up with this site and it was the first one looked at that wasn't an obvious propaganda site, just noticed now it was a palestinian source:
http://www.peacenowar.net/Palestine/News/US%20aids.htm

I support foreign aid to israel, funny I used a palestinian site to support my views that the original posters remarks on Isreali aid were distorted - I forgot to mention that $2b of those $5b are loans. I can not guarantee the validity of the data, it has it's quoted sources for the data but as you get lower into the site you see the usual anti-Israeli propaganda masked as "controversy over aid".

Man how I hate looking up data on the internet sometimes, most of it is so distorted, even sites like "wikipedia", you just don't know what to believe.

Incidently - I read on the news today that Lebanon just requested $250 million of military aid from the U.S.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:12 PM

Thanks for looking again. I tried many sites, and all were propaganda and unreliable. It is a pity but sometimes it is impossible to really get good info on the internet.

And, wiki is very suspect as anyone can add or subtract info.

Appreciate your efforts!

Quote:
I think, out of curiousity, I entered "US foreign aid" into yahoo and came up with this site and it was the first one looked at that wasn't an obvious propaganda site, just noticed now it was a palestinian source:
http://www.peacenowar.net/Palestine/News/US%20aids.htm

I support foreign aid to israel, funny I used a palestinian site to support my views that the original posters remarks on Isreali aid were distorted - I forgot to mention that $2b of those $5b are loans. I can not guarantee the validity of the data, it has it's quoted sources for the data but as you get lower into the site you see the usual anti-Israeli propaganda masked as "controversy over aid".

Man how I hate looking up data on the internet sometimes, most of it is so distorted, even sites like "wikipedia", you just don't know what to believe.

Incidently - I read on the news today that Lebanon just requested $250 million of military aid from the U.S.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,433,253 times
Don't trust China, not at all. Any country can turn on us pretty quickly, I think most would join the other side if given a chance too, won't matter soon anyhow, soon we all will be one.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,033,686 times
Taiwan, check the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies