Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 09:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

snopes.com: Fort Hood Visit

Ft. Hood
Down in Dothan , AL, a man had aTV on in his office whenthe news of themilitary baseshootings came on. The
husband of one of his employees was stationed there.. He called her into his office and the minute he told her whatwas going on, she got a text messagefrom her husband saying, "I am okay." The cell phone started ringing right after
that. It was an ER nurse. She said, "I'm the one who just sent you a text, not your husband." She thought the message would be comforting, but she immediately knew she had to let the wife know what was going on. She said, "I am sorry but your husband has been shot 4 times and he is in surgery."

The wife left Southern Clinic in Dothan and drove all night.

Miraculously, here is the photo I just received from my brother that was taken today in the hospital room. He is
awake and will recover. His wife, who lives in Dothan , made it to Ft. Hood about the time he was waking up.
Thought I'd share this great outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
I saw this on the evening news (cnn), heard about it on the radio... and it was reported as well on tons of other mainstream news sources when it happened, so I don't quite get your headline.

The Associated Press: George W. Bush visits Fort Hood, wounded soldiers
Fmr. President George W Bush Visits Ft. Hood, Visits Soldiers Wounded in Thursday Shooting Rampage - Political Punch
George W. Bush Visits Fort Hood, Wounded Soldiers - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/07/ap/national/main5564771.shtml - broken link)

Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
The comments after those news articles are interesting. Not for Obama but interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies