Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,414,314 times

Advertisements

I say go ahead and profile me - I don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,840,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Your comment is flawed basically what you're saying is because black people steal it's perfectly ok for the salesclerk to follow me around the store while allowing the two white women in the back to roam freely.

Or if I was to get pulled over for speeding it'd be perfectly ok for him to ask to search my car while just writing the white driver a ticket and letting him move on.

What you're saying is that because other black people commit crimes it's okay for the police and others to treat me like a criminal even though I haven't done anything.

And while the police are focusing on me group B has killed their parents, kids and husbands and are now making pies

Sorry, my keyboard is broken.

Anyway, I never said anything about following someone around,either.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,395,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
first off you have stated zero facts....facts have backup not opinions or random comments. secondly you are not even strong enough to admit being racist....how sad

You know what. I think white people are fed up with being called racist for everything they do. I live in Memphis. I am a minority here. I work with mostly black women and I get along with all of them but I have yet to be invited to their little party's. As the matter of fact, I don't think a single one of my white co-workers have been included in their get-together s either.
Most of my customers are black and I have been called a racist for just looking at them the wrong way. However that look was because the funny thing is, I do not remember looking at anyone in a special way.
It is all just assumptions and that is the real reason for this so called profiling. If this was back in the days I think you had a reason to complain but not anymore.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 12-01-2009 at 10:05 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 PM

937 posts, read 2,827,585 times
Quote:
the ignorance just pours out of like water from a faucet. You grew up in an area that was less than 1% percent black and feel you can make a judgement call on the majority of the race Stop throwing out your bullsh** stats about crime. The concept has been killed on numerous threads on here. Since this is all based of what you have seen. Exactly how many robberies, car thefts and shopliftings have you personally witnessed?
Yes, I did. Every experience with them seemed to be negative, with only a few positives. You dont seem to understand it and just make excuses for the behavioral and cultural issues. Over the past few years, more blacks have moved into the surrounding areas and crime has gone up, sadly. The concept still stands true. What do you attribute to this? Yea it sucks for the good blacks, but the bad ones ruin it for them. Local malls have started to have an increase in black population, and again as a result, shoplifting, robberies, parking lot car thefts and carjackings have shot up. Literally. These were NICE MALLS BEFORE! The nice black families who want to get out of Detroit to shop in the nice malls, well, they are few and far in between as the rest came to basically pillage the store. Maybe the Detroit area is different, I don't know. I welcome you to fly to the Metro Detroit area and I'll show you around. Go talk with security at stores, to police officers, and see which race makes up the majority of shoplifting, car thefts, etc, yet are a tiny fraction of the population over here.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:10 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,757,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
You don't know the difference betweeing being stopped and being searched by the police?

dumb a%% an unwarranted stop is also covered by that amendment. Thats been established by case law.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I say go ahead and profile me - I don't care.

[SIZE=+1]"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."[/SIZE] -- Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 PM

4,887 posts, read 3,333,266 times
Ermmmm.....

Don't get out of the house! LoL...

Old 12-01-2009, 10:14 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,654,940 times
Quote:
you never heard of the 4th amendment ????

here it is for you.... FOURTH AMENDMENT [U.S. Constitution] - 'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'

you see the part about unreasonable search........no warrants without probable cause.........color of skin is not a reason or a probable cause.
Thank you. I was about to go there.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
It is all just assumptions and that is the real reason for this so called profiling. If this was back in the days I think you had a reason to complain but not anymore.

that is what is referred to as modern day white denial. Same concept as Obama being elected means their is not more racism.

By the way I am a white male too

Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Yes, I did. Every experience with them seemed to be negative, with only a few positives. You dont seem to understand it and just make excuses for the behavioral and cultural issues. Over the past few years, more blacks have moved into the surrounding areas and crime has gone up, sadly. The concept still stands true. What do you attribute to this? Yea it sucks for the good blacks, but the bad ones ruin it for them. Local malls have started to have an increase in black population, and again as a result, shoplifting, robberies, parking lot car thefts and carjackings have shot up. Literally. These were NICE MALLS BEFORE! The nice black families who want to get out of Detroit to shop in the nice malls, well, they are few and far in between as the rest came to basically pillage the store. Maybe the Detroit area is different, I don't know. I welcome you to fly to the Metro Detroit area and I'll show you around. Go talk with security at stores, to police officers, and see which race makes up the majority of shoplifting, car thefts, etc, yet are a tiny fraction of the population over here.

and even if you are correct.....you think education and poverty have nothing to do with it right. It is something about the levels of melanin in their skin that makes them that way right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies