Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,301 times

Advertisements

Did I say they warrant random stops? Christ, you lack reading comprehension. Now you take a case off the internet and claim you know the person? Get real. My Uncle was Miranda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
High narcotics area still does not warrant random stops. Driving through a town is not loitering. Unless you are a proponent of further police misconduct?

this is the only thing i could find online about the case. It has actually established case law for use in other cases. I know the person in the super 390.

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/intm_419.pdf

While police agencies are permitted, indeed are expected, to conduct crime
trend analysis and to train officers as to those facts and circumstances that, while
innocent on their face, provide a reasonable basis for suspecting criminal activity,
the law also provides that certain factors may not be considered by law enforcement.
In State v. Kuhn, 213 N.J. Super. 275 (App. Div. 1986), the court held that
police are not permitted to draw any inferences of criminal activity from a
suspect’s race. 213 N.J. Super. at 281. The court in State v. Patterson, supra,
expounded on this point, noting that, “[c]ertainly the police cannot conclude that
all young, male African-Americans are suspected of involvement in the illicit drug
trade. Therefore, an individual’s race cannot be considered at all when conclusions
are reached or assumed as to a ‘profile’ suggesting criminal activity.” 270
N.J. Super. at 559. See also State v. Letts, 254 N.J. Super. 390 (Law Div. 1992).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:48 PM

475 posts, read 1,643,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
What can minorities do to avoid racial profiling?
I don't think the cops racial profile it their actions. But they are very good at criminal profiling, it's their job!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,336,928 times
organick I'm surprised you're still arguing/debating with him. You basically proved your point three or four pages ago.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
organick I'm surprised you're still arguing/debating with him. You basically proved your point three or four pages ago.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,764,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Did I say they warrant random stops? Christ, you lack reading comprehension. Now you take a case off the internet and claim you know the person? Get real. My Uncle was Miranda.

I gave you what you asked for. I don't care if you believe me or not. either way I showed you law that clearly address your argument. You have continually supported profiling of people. The fact is the law states you are wrong

Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick1973 View Post
I don't think the cops racial profile it their actions. But they are very good at criminal profiling, it's their job!

so all the issues of racial profiling in polic departments are made up?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post

i know...........i just find it hard to ignore. its like racial jokes.. if you ignore them you condone them.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I gave you what you asked for. I don't care if you believe me or not. either way I showed you law that clearly address your argument. You have continually supported profiling of people. The fact is the law states you are wrong
You stated this happened to your friend, and I said to provide proof. You post some off the walk case law and claim it to be your friends then said it really wasn't. Conflicting stories here. Either way, I don't care what you say I support. Everyone profiles, day in and day out. They stereotype, prejudge, etc. Part of life. Law doesn't state that I'm wrong, common sense says I'm right. Everyone does it.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,336,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post

Old 12-03-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
so all the issues of racial profiling in polic departments are made up?
Most of them are blown way out of proportion and aren't actual racial profiling cases but rather someone playing "victim". I remember a local department on the news for it before, and stated they had a 99% dismissal rate of all racial profiling claims AND, AND had a black investigator look into each case. People would claim officers used racial slurs, or stopped them because they were black. Thank god for video and sound, saved the Officer's butts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies