Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:30 AM

937 posts, read 2,833,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Quite a bit, actually. I have never been the victim of racial profiling. No one looks at me and automatically thinks I might rob, rape, or murder them. When is the last time you saw a white girl wearing funky clothes and weighing about 105 pounds walking toward you who caused you to be physically afraid? Did you cross over to the other side of the street, hulking down into your jacket and holding your wallet just a little bit closer?

Didn't think so. People don't tend to see me as a threat. That's why I have to depend on white men, usually, to tell me how they react to black men. Although in some cases it would be nice as a mechanism of self defense and even as a sociological experiment, white men tend to see me as something other than a possible form of predator. That may or may not be to their benefit, but that has been my experience. The fact that you have to ask this question makes me think that you have no idea what it's like to be a youngish white woman in this culture. But, hey, a lot of people never imagine life outside of their own skin.
Because white girls arent known for stealing, robbing, raping, murdering, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 06:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well, since they aren't doing the profiling, I would suppose nothing.
Precisely.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
As a member of the real minority in this country, white male, I often wonder how we keep from getting profiled. I guess most people don't consider us minority but we are at the bottom of the list when it comes jobs because of all the racial minorities that have to come before us.

With that crazy woman as head of Homeland Security those of us who are veterans, Republicans, and so forth are profiled and a minority.

damn, does my heart bleed for you, o poor, oppressed white male....................

Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Let's ask all the rocket scientists a simple question. Let's say a man kills someone in your family. All the evidence and witnesses say the man was black with a shaved head. Should the police look for the white guy with blond hair or the mexican guy with shoulder length hair or maybe the woman who happens to be bald because of cancer?

hmmmm what to do,what to do
Yeah because that's a clear example of racial profiling

Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post

No group is known for that.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:48 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
You're right: they're known for killing their kids, their husbands, their parents and baking pies.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No group is known for that.
So no stereotype exists for those?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You're right: they're known for killing their kids, their husbands, their parents and baking pies.
Someone has to make the pie!

Old 12-01-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
So no stereotype exists for those?
Dunno. I don't deal in stereotypes.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 AM

88,563 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Example 1 still has the issues, that is part of the problem.
I've seen Example 1s get pulled over for DWB. The town I used to live in bordered a rundown city with a black ghetto that displayed all the standard issues of poverty, crime, and drugs. There was one road out of that city into my town, and I walked home from my train on that road and often saw black men in suits pulled over by the cops. Never saw white guys in suits pulled over, now that I think about it.

The thing is, my next door neighbors were black and part of a growing population of middle-class and professional black people who had bought homes there to get away from the ghetto themselves and raise their children safely. So likely some of these DWBs were just newer residents of the town.

My neighbors got some flack for being black, but they managed to laugh about it. For example, the first year, the woman misplaced her quarterly tax bill. She went to borough hall for a duplicate, and the first thing out of the clerk's mouth was "Oh, are you selling?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies