Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You're right: they're known for killing their kids, their husbands, their parents and baking pies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'll have to agree with that.

And black women are known for beating their kids, having children at 15 and living alone because their husbands are in prison !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Avoid living in small town/rural areas in all states and the South (including its large cities). I know it's politically correct to say the South and rural areas are no more racist than liberal areas but we all know that is b.s.

Being a Hispanic and raised in Southern California and now living in Phoenix, I can tell you it's much more tolerant here versus the South where I lived for 4 years. I never heard more stereotypical and racial comments in the form of "jokes" than I did in Oklahoma, Texas and Tennessee. I've never been racially profiled in Phoenix and we have Sheriff Joe. However, I was pulled over all the time in Dallas and OKC for minor traffic incidents that was usually written off with a warning because the charge was so bogus. They were just suprised to see a Hispanic individual driving a nice car. One cop in OKC asked if he could check my trunk for drugs...I'm serious! I'm a doctor who was driving home late from the hospital in OKC and the cop thought I was a gang banger because it late on Friday. That would never happen in LA or Phoenix.
Because that isn't the norm in OKC. LA or Phoenix you see a lot more hispanics.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
And black women are known for beating their kids, having children at 15 and living alone because their husbands are in prison !
I'll have to agree with that.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:33 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
You need not be a racial minority to be profiled. I'm profiled every time I fly because I have a Middle Eastern name, although I am white. So get over it.
True. I'm a white male and remember being profiled as a young teen (long ago) because I was a young kid out in the neighborhood at night and was by myself at the time.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Do you have proof to substantiate the DWB claims or are you just saying that because they were black?
It isn't like the police is going to write in their report that the people were pulled over for DWB. But, when the black person driving the car that the police officer who pulls them over wishes he could afford, is stopped and searched for drugs and harrassed because the police officer assumes the black person is a drug dealer, what else is it besides profiling?

Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:

Old 12-01-2009, 02:37 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
What? Read the thread ! I would not have written that if it was not for some peoples comments. Read the thread!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It isn't like the police is going to write in their report that the people were pulled over for DWB. But, when the black person driving the car that the police officer who pulls them over wishes he could afford, is stopped and searched for drugs and harrassed because the police officer assumes the black person is a drug dealer, what else is it besides profiling?
Now you're making assumptions, wrong thing to do. Stopped because they wish they could afford the car? A white cop can't afford the same car driven by a black guy? BAHAHA! Now, did they receive traffic infractions? Were they found guilty? Video to back it up? Can you enter the Officer's mind and KNOW he stopped them for being black? When you prove it, let me know.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
What? Read the thread ! I would not have written that if it was not for some peoples comments. Read the thread!
It's ok to ignore black on white stereotypes, but when reversed, god help us. White women murder their families and make pie, black women steal, pop out 10 welfare babies and raise em out on the street. UH OH.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:42 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
A few years ago There were some AA's accusing a police officer of profiling..

At first the news showed the AA's telling their stories...It was sounding real bad for the officer..

After that interview they interviewed the officer, out walks a black police officer...
His remarks were,

"I'm a black police officer patrolling in a black neighborhood, just who do they think I will be pulling over for speeding"?

It was the end of that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies