Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No. I want my donated goods to go to citizens of my country. if i wanted to donate them to a foreign land, i would do so.
Then give them yourself.
Or don't you want to get near the poor and this is a safe conduit for your "giving" - if giving is not from the heart, you're doing it for personal gain or redemption.

Do I recall you being xian.
What would your god thing do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:06 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
This is what happens when you give toys to immigrant children! They tie up 2 detectives for 10 hours looking for Jesus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YtatC6Yvv8

Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,979 times
I think it's fine to check for birth certificates and proof of financial funds when asking for 'free' goods from others. I consider myself to be a liberal but illegal immigration gets under my skin and that's because I worked in the medical field for years and saw what illegal immigrants were doing to it. So, that being said, I am ok with someone having to prove that they deserve to get free goods.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I think it's fine to check for birth certificates and proof of financial funds when asking for 'free' goods from others. I consider myself to be a liberal but illegal immigration gets under my skin and that's because I worked in the medical field for years and saw what illegal immigrants were doing to it. So, that being said, I am ok with someone having to prove that they deserve to get free goods.
I agree by golly! I mean, what the hell good would Christmas be if we could not be mean to the Mexican kids? After all they aren't "real Christians" anyway. They are Catholics. And big Jesus would want us to be mean to little Jesus on his birthday!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I agree by golly! I mean, what the hell good would Christmas be if we could not be mean to the Mexican kids? After all they aren't "real Christians" anyway. They are Catholics. And big Jesus would want us to be mean to little Jesus on his birthday!
What on earth is this rant about?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post

Just like they screen people to assuse they are a needy family they should screen people to see if they are a citizen. What's that saying, charity begins at home? The illegals should go home for their charity. Any assistance to illegal immigrants is aiding in a crime.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
My comment was not simply geared towards "Mexican kids" as you put it. I said that financial means should also be checked out! That would include not giving toys to whites, blacks, asians, mexicans, etc! Read my post before you comment!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Just like they screen people to assuse they are a needy family they should screen people to see if they are a citizen. What's that saying, charity begins at home? The illegals should go home for their charity. Any assistance to illegal immigrants is aiding in a crime.
Again, I did not exclude other races, I made a statement about illegal immigrants. But why not screen to make sure that they are legal citizens? If I'm donating to a local charity it should go to local citizens. When I donated to the Tsunami victims, I assumed that it would go to simply help Tsunami victims and not those people here in the US that needed help. And if a charity is not going to donate to those who legally qualify, then I should be given that information up front so I can make my own decision as to where I would like to donate!

At least I donate!!! Trust me, we give and give and give throughout the year so why should I not have the option of who it goes to?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:54 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
Good deal...Thats a step in the right direction for Houston. Now if only other cities would follow its lead and get those little crumbsnatchers and their parents out of here.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:06 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
No one said anything about Mexicans. Kev, why do you turn every debate into a Christian-bashing rantings? Do you really hate Christians that much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies