Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,398,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I knew there was something fishy about that statement when I heard Obama say it.

You have to give credit to Rumsfeld for putting Obama and Congress on the spot. If the GOP is smart, they'll push hard for a review of the President's assertion, make sure that it stays in the headlines, and force Congress' hand on determining if President Obama told a bold face lie or not. For Rummy to come out of the woodwork by pushing Congress to investigate the claims, i'll hedge my bet that Obama lied to us last night.

Very good post, and so true in wht you say. I give Rumsfeld a lot of credit for doing what he has done. This most definately should be reviewed, but will it. I think he did intend to force Congresse's hand, those i feel were the intentions. Oh my Obama tell a lie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,635,840 times
And we should believe Rumsfeld because he knows what he's talking about:

Rumsfeld Says Weapons Of Mass Destruction Near Baghdad - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Details from The New Yorker article cited above:

Making Light: Seymour Hersh pins it on Rumsfeld

And from a hearing in 2006:

General: Appeals for More Troops Were Denied - Los Angeles Times

As for Afghanistan, methinks the former secretary doth protest a bit too much, but perhaps he feels a bit guilty about the requests he did deny. In any event, the administration has already confirmed that they weren't referring specifically to Rumsfeld:

President Wasn’t Talking About Rumsfeld Under-resourcing Afghanistan -- but Experts Say He Under-resourced Afghanistan - Political Punch

The fact remains, and has been confirmed by the generals, that the Bush WH did deny a request for more troops in Afghanistan.

Last edited by TigerLily24; 12-10-2009 at 03:49 PM..

Old 12-10-2009, 02:49 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,416,369 times
Rumsfeld calling someone a liar is as amusing as Cheney calling someone's actions "deeply disturbing".

Old 12-10-2009, 03:08 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,125,396 times
Its sad you Dem's pick sides like its football teams , Pres Obama is lying about the military that will fight for your life if its necessary .
Please wake up from your hypnotic state .

Old 12-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Its sad you Dem's pick sides like its football teams , Pres Obama is lying about the military that will fight for your life if its necessary .
Please wake up from your hypnotic state .
And you have a link or something that proves that assertion?

Old 12-10-2009, 03:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,571,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Weekly Standard

Isn't this what obama said should happen to those that distort, lie and misstate the facts - they should be called out, yes?

Pentagon officials confirm - there was NO request on their desks for 8 months, as obama claims.

Rumsfeld wasn't SecDef in 2008. Any comment he has on this matter is mere hearsay, not real.

Even Bush got tired of his incompetence and fired him three years ago.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,956,889 times
Is this the Rumsfeld who fired Gen Shenseki for stating that Iraq would require 250,000 troops?

Is this the Rumsefeld who state that he knew where the weapons of mass destruction were?

Is this the same Rumsfeld who said that there was no insurgency, just a bunch of Baathist deadenders?

That Donald Rumsfeld?

Old 12-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Is this the Rumsfeld who fired Gen Shenseki for stating that Iraq would require 250,000 troops?

Is this the Rumsefeld who state that he knew where the weapons of mass destruction were?

Is this the same Rumsfeld who said that there was no insurgency, just a bunch of Baathist deadenders?

That Donald Rumsfeld?
That's the one

Old 12-10-2009, 04:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,069,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Weekly Standard

Isn't this what obama said should happen to those that distort, lie and misstate the facts - they should be called out, yes?

Pentagon officials confirm - there was NO request on their desks for 8 months, as obama claims.
What speech was that? edit - never mind, I found it.

The answer seems to be here: "Adm. Mullen, others, cite troop request not met under Bush"

http://mediamatters.org/research/200912030031

Old 12-10-2009, 04:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,102,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Rumsfeld calling someone a liar is as amusing as Cheney calling someone's actions "deeply disturbing".
I agree.....it was Rumsfeld who said the war in Iraq would be" a three week cake walk".....a PROVEN LIE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies