U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-04-2009, 05:51 AM
 
Location: In the moment.
206 posts, read 319,329 times
Reputation: 128
Finally some level-headed people!

 
Old 12-04-2009, 06:03 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,082,860 times
Reputation: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Polite white folks renounce such claims of superiority. But scratch below that surface politeness and the multicultural rhetoric of most white people, and one finds that the assumptions about the superiority of the art, music, culture, politics, and philosophy rooted in white Europe are still very much alive.

No poll can document these kinds of covert opinions, but one hears it in the angry and defensive reaction of white America when non-white people dare to point out that whites have unearned privilege. Watch the resistance from white America when any serious attempt is made to modify school or college curricula to reflect knowledge from other areas and peoples.

That resistance also helps white Americans ignore and/or rationalize the racialized disparities in the distribution of resources.


Funny how Most of Americans largest companies are ran by whites. Not to mention most of Amercas wealth is in the hands of whites.

Studies continue to demonstrate how, on average, whites are more likely than members of racial/ethnic minorities to be on top on measures of wealth and well-being.

Why is that? Oh, maybe minorities just are not smart enough or work hard enough........NOT!


White America....wake up and be honest. You are benefiting from the elite whites invention known as Rascism.
And remember that the USA is a White majority nation so even if racism were not a factor-----------the odds would be that the majority of our assets would still be held/controlled by Whites.

Moreover: the most successful socioeconomic 'minority' here in the USA are African born Blacks which came here freely and their US born children----------which shatters your argument right off the top. They have done so well that quite a few AA's lump 'em in with Anglo Whites both socially as well as economically. President Obama is merely the most famous example.
 
Old 12-04-2009, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Summit, NJ
1,118 posts, read 604,792 times
Reputation: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
you fell right into it. you are a perfect example of the op subject. if you had said whites brought modern or current technological inventions, then that would lean toward being unbiased but you assume all cultures and countries were "uncivilized" when their were uncivilized or backward aspects of western civilization besides the fact there were different cultures and countries in existence. they also had aspects that may have been superior that wouldn't be noticed.

this is extremely ignorant, prejudiced, narcissistic and arrogant to believe that there was no civilization in other countries or cultures because it wasn't western or entirely modern. even western civilization has aspects that are uncivilized and modern inventions does not always equate to being "civilized" or having a civilization.

what makes you assume people weren't civilized in other parts of the world? there are peaceful tribes as well as aggressive ones all throughout history as well as the west and uncivilized elements and people exist in every culture and country. that's why there are laws to try to tame or control populations. pretty stupid to assume the west was and is totally "civilized." that's pretty comedic and hilariously stupid.
I agree. One wonders what the victims of the Inquisition, for example, felt about the "conversion methods" of Europeans in terms of civility. Thumb screws, the rack, iron maidens and the like don't sound very civilized to me.
 
Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
32,923 posts, read 26,429,200 times
Reputation: 14900
I, for one, do not care about the race of the artist. I only care about the effect of the art. I do not care about the race of the businessman, contractor, bureaucrat or baseball player. I only care about how well they do their job.

IIRC Rome was still a few savages raising sheep on the Seven Hills while the Mandarins were managing an artistically and politically sophisticated civilization in central China. They are still at it.

The biggest social sorter in the US is not race but the economic class you were born into. The social and economic elites live in a different but congruent country than the rest of us. They have different moral and legal codes that work to their advantage at the expense of most of us. That is far more difficult to change then removing racism.
 
Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 AM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
17,181 posts, read 15,245,481 times
Reputation: 15587
Ron, some very excellent posts here. Any response from you or was your OP just a drive by insult to white and black Americans ?

Maybe you blame racism for your failures ?
 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 AM
 
5,055 posts, read 2,792,231 times
Reputation: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Polite white folks renounce such claims of superiority. But scratch below that surface politeness and the multicultural rhetoric of most white people, and one finds that the assumptions about the superiority of the art, music, culture, politics, and philosophy rooted in white Europe are still very much alive.

No poll can document these kinds of covert opinions, but one hears it in the angry and defensive reaction of white America when non-white people dare to point out that whites have unearned privilege. Watch the resistance from white America when any serious attempt is made to modify school or college curricula to reflect knowledge from other areas and peoples.

That resistance also helps white Americans ignore and/or rationalize the racialized disparities in the distribution of resources.


Funny how Most of Americans largest companies are ran by whites. Not to mention most of Amercas wealth is in the hands of whites.

Studies continue to demonstrate how, on average, whites are more likely than members of racial/ethnic minorities to be on top on measures of wealth and well-being.

Why is that? Oh, maybe minorities just are not smart enough or work hard enough........NOT!


White America....wake up and be honest. You are benefiting from the elite whites invention known as Rascism.



good grief
what a huge narrow-minded biggoted yammer
get a frigging life
I do not have any guilt because I am white, any more than I have guilt because I am woman
I work hard, pay my taxes and do not blame my problems on another race of people
 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 AM
 
Location: Yes
2,663 posts, read 3,946,255 times
Reputation: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Everybody should just have as much interracial sex as possible until we're all the same color. That should solve the problem.
I agree.
 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Status: "D.O.L." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: My own piece of land and happiness
14,435 posts, read 5,635,068 times
Reputation: 3686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Polite white folks renounce such claims of superiority. But scratch below that surface politeness and the multicultural rhetoric of most white people, and one finds that the assumptions about the superiority of the art, music, culture, politics, and philosophy rooted in white Europe are still very much alive.

No poll can document these kinds of covert opinions, but one hears it in the angry and defensive reaction of white America when non-white people dare to point out that whites have unearned privilege. Watch the resistance from white America when any serious attempt is made to modify school or college curricula to reflect knowledge from other areas and peoples.

That resistance also helps white Americans ignore and/or rationalize the racialized disparities in the distribution of resources.


Funny how Most of Americans largest companies are ran by whites. Not to mention most of Amercas wealth is in the hands of whites.

Studies continue to demonstrate how, on average, whites are more likely than members of racial/ethnic minorities to be on top on measures of wealth and well-being.

Why is that? Oh, maybe minorities just are not smart enough or work hard enough........NOT!


White America....wake up and be honest. You are benefiting from the elite whites invention known as Rascism.

I think that rascism has been around a long time before you think, even before the egyptians had jews for slaves to build their pyramids.

so please do not talk about white elites and their rascism, before you stop to think where it started from.
 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Yes
2,663 posts, read 3,946,255 times
Reputation: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
white Americans
Because all white folks have the exact same thoughts and are all the same? If you are willing to say all black folks are all the exact same in thought and deed too, then I'll take your post seriously. I'll still think you are wrong, but I'll take your post seriously.
 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Status: "hanging up my guns...hanging on to my lady" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: NW Nevada
6,764 posts, read 4,601,693 times
Reputation: 3980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Polite white folks renounce such claims of superiority. But scratch below that surface politeness and the multicultural rhetoric of most white people, and one finds that the assumptions about the superiority of the art, music, culture, politics, and philosophy rooted in white Europe are still very much alive.

No poll can document these kinds of covert opinions, but one hears it in the angry and defensive reaction of white America when non-white people dare to point out that whites have unearned privilege. Watch the resistance from white America when any serious attempt is made to modify school or college curricula to reflect knowledge from other areas and peoples.

That resistance also helps white Americans ignore and/or rationalize the racialized disparities in the distribution of resources.


Funny how Most of Americans largest companies are ran by whites. Not to mention most of Amercas wealth is in the hands of whites.

Studies continue to demonstrate how, on average, whites are more likely than members of racial/ethnic minorities to be on top on measures of wealth and well-being.

Why is that? Oh, maybe minorities just are not smart enough or work hard enough........NOT!


White America....wake up and be honest. You are benefiting from the elite whites invention known as Rascism.
(Sigh) yea, whatever. I'm soooo much more 'privileged' because I'm white. Yea I have tons of money, and strut about with an aloof and superior demeanor, totally comfortable in the fact that I am white, and therefore ensured of preferential treatment. 'Racialized' disparity in the distribution of resources? OK, and you think there is going to be a howl of protest from' white America' if curriculums are modified to reflect knowlege from other areas and peoples? What 'other areas and peoples' are beng left out of what curriculums in terms of their contributions to world history et al? Sorry, but your post is a pathetic "poor pitiful me" piece of work. This position does not hold up to scrutiny, and even though many have been quick to jump on your bandwagon, from a realistic point of view, it does not hold water. Your position is far to general, and very narrow in scope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top