Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times

Advertisements

Just more perfect examples of racism comes in all colors.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,411,913 times
See how smart we are? We invented something from nothing and made trillions. You fell for it.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,242,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do you have any idea how racism got started in this country?

White land owners in Virginia, didn't want the African slaves joining forces with the poor white workers to overthrow them. So they started spreading rumors about the slaves, and trying to get the poor whites to dislike the African slaves, more then the land owners.

It was a we are better than them kind of thing, to keep the population in check.

Over time, it just grew and grew.

That was back in the 17th century. What racism there is left today, is still based on that original 17th century model.
Not to mention that black slavery grew out of white slavery. The early slaves were white indentureds who had a good chance of not surviving to that magical date, especially children who had to wait til 21. Replacing children was cheap.

They co-existed for a century. But black slaves were expensive and white 'servants' weren't. When they began to join together and rebel against the beginnings of the gentry, then the race card was first played and while whites were still held, the conditions were changed. But white slavery via convicts under transportation continued up until the revolution. It was discontinued not out of any moral conviction but because convicts brought diseases borne of the English gaouls, some deadly, and because they assumed criminals would continue to be thieves.

Exploitation of the poor and powerless is an old tradition which has never ended. Of all origions and skin tone.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 PM

147 posts, read 135,155 times
were the german companies that recently paid reparation money to the Jewish people they forced to work for free for just a few years wrong?

america was built via people in very similar conditions for hundreds of years and that money is no different than what the German company advantages. But the German ones were only a few years.

a slave ever talked back and he was whipped to near death with no medical treatment. A slave who tried to run was tared and feathered before he was hung. A slave who looked at a white woman was hung. This is what built america, cheap labor.

My family did not move to the us till the 1900s when there was no slavery, but anyone who moves here knows americas past and how it was built and all benefit by the this.

again righty cry victim when just job and pay equality is mandated by law. righty cry victim just when we are trying to make things equal, not even asking for a advantage.

I thought rightys were tough on crime and wrong doing and penalties. (I know they just talk tough, as long as the criminal is one of theirs then the crime is ok) I am not asking that us whites be slaves for 400 years or 800 for a penalty. again tough on crime and wrongs rightys always want to cut the hand of a thief, ie very tough. Well should the penalty be whites are treated the exact same for 400 years.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I usually do not reply to these long, redundant, inflamatory, angry threads but this does bother me. First off, what is with all these inflamatory, inherently racist threads? Why do you hate whites so much? If you continue to blame whites or any group for your troubles, you will end up bitter and left behind. Men make more money than women for the same jobs. Does this make me angry and bitter toward all men? Does it make me hate men? No, because I accept personal responsibility for myself and my actions. You should try this for a change, accept responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others for crimes they didn't even perpetrate. Besides, what do you want? By your posts it seems the only thing that would satisfy you is for blacks to be the majority and "punish" the whites for things that happened over a century ago. Why can't you let go of color and just see ppl as ppl, not their skin color?!
I agree. 110 posts later all I see is a lot negative bickering about skin color and wealth. If someone else
is better off than you are that doesn't make them racist. The Civil War ended in 1864 people, why fight it again now ? What is this "Occupy CD" ? I don't think anyone "invented racism" just for your benefit.

The term racist is a giant copout. The word has no meaning anymore.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:28 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,117,526 times
The word definitely has meaning. However, as a black man, some of my best friends are from Eastern Kentucky. Some of my worst enemies are black. It's all an individual thing.

Racism does exist though. I know some black racists. I know some white racists. I know some hispanic racists. The goal in my mind is ending racism. No race is immune. We should all be judged on our own merit.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:33 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,242,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inventor1 View Post
I am a white male. what I find funny here is how all these on the right who cry I did not complain are sitting here complaining still.

In fact they cry and cried so loud about a 20 year period of trying to equalize a lingering unfair situation a minority has still found itself in. Yes it is amazing how loud the right cried about a quota system that would have normalized the work system to representative percentages in the work force. Not to superior percentages of the minority just equality is all that was trying to be achieved. and this was after just 20 years when the whites are still in complete advantage of virtually all job categories.

You make many claims here not backed up by facts, it was white man that "invented" slavery for blacks on this continent. It appears to be an accurate claim to me. You may like to divert and bring up other places in the world where bad things are happening, but the subject is what was done here in our country that was wrong. And are there still effects that are here from it. remember it was not long ago that blacks could NOT sit in the front of a bus, get a haircut from any barber, enter a public place in the same door, drink from the same anything, go to any school. Again this is well and long after the civil war. The civil war did not end white superiority complex, equality in anything. and if you think it ended then you are in denial is MHO. Are you proud of this recent behavior of the US society? We actually had to make a law to prevent this.

Now if you think this is removed from society you are also in some sort of denial. There is a 400% increase in threats on the president, that certainly can not be because he is a liberal, we have had liberals before.

As great example of racism in our society, I would point you to the secret service, there is a at least one lawsuit against them in recent times, I think still ongoing. It is about discrimination. I work in the real world and if racial jokes were emailed in any major company there would be firings. In the secret service they were sending racial jokes as a norm to one another, even joking about when they were protecting Jessee Jackson when he was running about how nice it would be if his entire family or something like that was killed. The supervisors and the SS do not dispute that these jokes were sent, they only say that blacks had/have equal access to promotions. They also do not dispute that in recent times white agents would go on yearly retreats to I think Tennessee and during this retreat SS agents would wear white hoods and hang effigies of blacks. Do you really think this shows there is not racism deeply ingrained in even our government? Do you have any question why the couple recently got past the SS at the whitehouse with idiots like these in the SS. One of these agents was transferred off Obamas protection detail finally, just before the election.

Racist e-mails of the Secret Service. (1) - By Bonnie Goldstein - Slate Magazine

statesman.com

Now as another great example recently some German companies were required to pay reparations to some people, (i believe Jewish) for what they did to their relatives during the war. These companies made these people work as slaves. Do you agree with that? remember these people were only forced to work for up to what 4 years without pay, and generations later are being compensated. Where we had discrimination where our country was built for 400 plus years.

I say people who immigrated to the US know its history and coming to live here when you know equality has not been made you accept a responsibility that a price needs to be made till there is equality.

I believe that there should be penalties for doing wrong. And if it is as simple as preferences in grants hiring and so on for a minority that is not equal in all economic areas I believe this is a start. I am not suggesting we be slaves for 400 years and have beatings for looking at a black woman, or a whipping for not listening perfectly, or hanging for talking back (ie exercising the constitutional right to free speech). No I do not believe like the right do that you give more severe punishment for crimes. Yes the right believe in being strong against crime from what I have seen from their lip service, to the point of some wanting cutting off a hand for a person stealing. so should it be 800 years of whites being slaves for punishment via the right wing tough on crime concept.
War repriations were paid to survivors. They did not go to succeeding generations. The German war industry was built as part of the racial policies and made a lot of money for it, but proof had to be verified. Slave labor was a cornerstone of the Third Reich, including some American POW's. When repriations were finally paid (the US not acknowledging the situation being the hold up) it was only to the surviving men, but the families of those who didn't last long enough were satisfied there was an admission of the long hidden secret.

There are NO slaves alive. We owe nobody repriations for slavery since the clock would have run out generations ago.

And before blacks were used as forced labor on those plantations, captured Irish and Scots and poor English were used first. Convicts followed. The convict trade was so profitable it moved to Australia after the new US said no to more. Should we cancel out a portion of blacks or pay those many white American's for their ancestors too?

Old 07-15-2012, 12:45 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,880,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inventor1 View Post
were the german companies that recently paid reparation money to the Jewish people they forced to work for free for just a few years wrong?
The German "reparations" don't even begin to touch merely the assets seized by the Nazis, nevermind the wholesale murder. They are something that some German organizations like to do out of a sense of guilt, but most Jewish people feel that they should not be accepted by anyone because to do so is to imply, even in a small way, some measure of forgiveness. Frankly, as a Jewish person I would prefer that the Germans either just dragged the still-alive former Nazis out of their nursing homes and threw them into jail cells, or just accept that their grandparents committed a horrible sin, stop trying to atone for something they themselves didn't do and never can be atoned for anyway, and moved on. I understand that the German groups funding monetary reparations are trying to do good, but, in the end its just insulting. If survivors need resources in their old age, we should raise that in our own community.

So to more bluntly answer your question, yes, the german companies were wrong.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
War repriations were paid to survivors. They did not go to succeeding generations. The German war industry was built as part of the racial policies and made a lot of money for it, but proof had to be verified. Slave labor was a cornerstone of the Third Reich, including some American POW's. When repriations were finally paid (the US not acknowledging the situation being the hold up) it was only to the surviving men, but the families of those who didn't last long enough were satisfied there was an admission of the long hidden secret.

There are NO slaves alive. We owe nobody repriations for slavery since the clock would have run out generations ago.

And before blacks were used as forced labor on those plantations, captured Irish and Scots and poor English were used first. Convicts followed. The convict trade was so profitable it moved to Australia after the new US said no to more. Should we cancel out a portion of blacks or pay those many white American's for their ancestors too?
some of these companies were not "quote war machine companies" ie some were making medicines.

do you believe that the here in america the family of a survivor of a crime has the right to get all the profits of a book written by a criminal? That any criminal should ever be able to benefit financially by their crime. That any criminal should get to reep the gains?

anyone who is being intellectually honest knows how true this statement is, "it is not what you know but who you know" this is how most top jobs and many middle jobs are passed along.

this country did wrong and benefited majorly financially and that financial gain is not rightfully ours till there is true equality. Again my family did not come here till well after slavery ended, but they came here fully knowing about the past that grew america. Just as anyone who moves to Germany knows what they had done and can not complain when companies their make reparations.

BY the way the country made its last payment 2 years ago 92 million. I don't think many of the survivors are alive.

Germany finishes paying WWI reparations, ending century of 'guilt' - CSMonitor.com
By Isabelle de Pommereau, Correspondent / October 4, 2010
Quote:
Germany finishes paying WWI reparations, ending century of 'guilt'
Few people in Germany noted the country's final $94 million WWI reparations payment on Sunday. Some historians say that's for the best

I say we have mandaory fairness rights for Blacks because as I said right now they are not the "who you know" crowd and as such are being held back. again rightys cried and claimed they were victims, when it was just a law that they were to have EQUAL government contracts. Not more but just equal and whity rightys could not bear that.

See it is still only recently that blacks could go in a white barbershop, again that was not equality and slavery had beed deal a long time, they could only go in certain doors, even go in certain restaurants. Mind you even sit in the front of a bus, to me blacks do not have equality just by sitting anywhere in the bus, they are free when they own just as many of the buses.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
The German "reparations" don't even begin to touch merely the assets seized by the Nazis, nevermind the wholesale murder. They are something that some German organizations like to do out of a sense of guilt, but most Jewish people feel that they should not be accepted by anyone because to do so is to imply, even in a small way, some measure of forgiveness. Frankly, as a Jewish person I would prefer that the Germans either just dragged the still-alive former Nazis out of their nursing homes and threw them into jail cells, or just accept that their grandparents committed a horrible sin, stop trying to atone for something they themselves didn't do and never can be atoned for anyway, and moved on. I understand that the German groups funding monetary reparations are trying to do good, but, in the end its just insulting. If survivors need resources in their old age, we should raise that in our own community.

So to more bluntly answer your question, yes, the german companies were wrong.
so as I point out should we then allow crimianls to write books and make more money off their crimes in our society.
again blacks were killed at huge rates in their chained journey here, about 10% survived if I remember the numbers. they were beaten and killed without a blink of the eye for 400 years. and even after hat had to be treated as subhumans unequal justice to non-white schools, to enter at the back of the hotel. and there are many rightys too this day that still want this. I can tell you because I have had a debate with a righty KKK member who pulled a gun on me a whitey... they can not handle these words you hear me saying... they will kill even a white person for these beliefs. since Obama won, the racist groups have had significant growth in membership. Obama has a 400% increase in threats over any president and that was even before he took office.

here is just a few days ago recent threat against even the presidents wife. This one by a police officer. If this woul have been a black police officer on a righty whity president it would have been national news for weeks.

Quote:
The motorman allegedly made the comments Wednesday morning as several officers from the Special Operations Division discussed threats against President Obama. It was not immediately clear where the alleged conversation took place or exactly how many officers took part in the conversation.
Quote:
During that conversation, the officials said, the officer allegedly said he would shoot the First Lady and then used his phone to retrieve a picture of the firearm he said he would use. It was not immediately clear what type of firearm was allegedly shown.
as an example it was spun on a righty hate website defending this righty whity police officer saying he would kill the presidents wife as free speech.

http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.m...-obama-or.html

FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2012
Say Nice Things About Michelle Obama, or be Investigated
By Douglas V. Gibbs

Quote:
Michelle "Marie Antoinette" Obama was the target of some not-so-nice comments by a cop in conversations that included discussing "threats against Obama" and for his words, a cop is being investigated.

I remember some pretty messed up things being said about Laura Bush and Dubya during the first decade of the millennium, and I don't remember this kind of concern.

Perhaps Michelle "hoochie-mama" Obama is royalty. Perhaps we are being told that our political speech doesn't fall within our First Amendment right of Free Speech. Perhaps Heir Obama's wife is too worried that such talk could turn into disobedience from the filthy little peasants.

Last edited by inventor1; 07-15-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.