Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 02:06 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
By whose standards? Yours?! and those like you.

I give up.....when it slaps you in the face, then you'll get it.
By the standards of the Bible. I mean, as a Warrior for Jesus, you should know these things, right? Again:

Quote:
When thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 04:18 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,486,754 times
It doesn't state anywhere on the US Constitution that you have to be a Christian for you to run for president. Why does this even matter?

Old 12-10-2009, 04:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
It doesn't state anywhere on the US Constitution that you have to be a Christian for you to run for president. Why does this even matter?
Because apparently if you're not a christian you have no morals, you're a heathen and you will destroy everything you come in contact with.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:41 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times
You have to be a Christ Warrior according to the other poster.

That's one of the scariest things I've ever read on this forum. Reminds me of the the God Warrior lady on Wife Swap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mDLsyn6ns

Old 12-22-2009, 03:40 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,032,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You have to be a Christ Warrior according to the other poster.

That's one of the scariest things I've ever read on this forum. Reminds me of the the God Warrior lady on Wife Swap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mDLsyn6ns
Oh yeah, let's take some freak from a reality show (because we know those are all 100% real!) to paint a bad picture of Christians. Oh wait, "May Satan rock you all!!!" under your username... this would be your goal, of course.

It's all off-topic to the original point of the thread, anyway. Some people must always hijack the threads to go back to Bush-bashing!

As far emails, I always check snopes. But I couldn't find this one on snopes.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:42 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,517,767 times
He's not a Christian or a Muslim.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
And you're right in some respects.

But you have to admit, if it were any other president (especially a Republican) talking about Bible teachings, Christian customs, etc. he would be called a loony Bible-thumper, among other negative things, and given crap about it to no end. Then the ACLU would probably sue for any of it being brought up at all while on taxpayer time.

sxrckr; No you got it wrong if he were a Republician, they would be all over his ass and up it. It is what it is.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,660,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
So you believe we should be in a Theocracy?
If I may jump in here...No, we should no be a Theocracy. It would get corrupted. People always ruin and distort a good thing so a Theocracy under the leaders that we have - or any leaders we might elect or appoint - would not be a good thing.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 AM

241 posts, read 266,972 times
Um, Obama is a Christian..a liberal one (UCC) but a Christian nonetheless. Geez, what is wrong with people?! Even if he was Muslim, so freaking what? So much hate.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,778,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Who cares what he is?

Honestly?

Last I checked, being a Christian was NOT a requirement for becoming president. Sorry.

i'll agree....it's about what the president does right for the people to help our country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies