Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
You're exactly right. Never trust anything that isn't from the Right, because the Left is controlled by Satan.
Smart people don't care about global warming anyway because soon Jesus gonna come to take all good people to hebbin.
See...there you go again. Putting words in my mouth and making stupid assumptions. I guess when you can't debate the facts or discuss the substance, rely on hyperbole.

BTW...I'm a god damn atheist, so there goes your other dumb ass theory that anyone who's conservative must be some kind of religious nut. Man you guys are so predictable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Yay!

Ignorance triumphs!

Very amusing how the hardcore right embraces stupidity.

well, the liberals did embrace al gore and his own brand of enviromentalism.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:34 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times
Quote:
It snowed in Texas last night. Therefore, global warming has now been proven false. Al Gore should give his millions back.

Everyone can now go back to careless overconsumption. There are no long-term consequences.
Still drinking the GW/Environmental fanatics Kool-Aid...

http://newsbusters.org/static/2007/1...balWarming.jpg

Old 12-04-2009, 07:37 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
No, very interesting how the so-called enlightened and intellectual left blindly follows and accepts theories for political gain, without questioning, and how they dismiss and suppress evidence that shows their theory to be faulty or not completely correct. Then to add arrogance to naivety, the left calls anyone who dares to question or review new evidence as "ignorant" or "stupid."

Time and again, the left is show for what and who they are at heart. This is just one more example.
Wow, I think you really hit it out of the park with this posting.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I have somewhat agreed with many of the Democrats complaints about the Republicans allowing religion to have too big an impact on policy direction. I thought this was a fair observation in some circumstances, and thought the Republicans were legitimately criticized for this problem. I think the current document drafted by the RNC, stating things such as no government funding for abortion (instead of prohibiting the procedure altogether) is a more appropriate way to govern.

However, I find the Democrats to be just as bad about creating policy based on "belief" versus analytical facts. To my disappointment, they also have added a significant degree of arrogance and dismissive attitude towards those who dare question the accuracy or legitimacy of the "science" that supports their sentiments.

Seems like they start with the position of "how can we take more money from the diligent" and "he humble to the world" and then find "science" or "facts" to support these sentiments.

I'll be glad to see them get a comeuppance.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:38 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Ok, reality check time.

Anytime there is a major scientific topic it attracts MONEY. That money tends to corrupt *some* of the research since the scientists are not all uniform in skill and morality.

Examples:

1. Tobacco research scientists that long fought about smoking and health issues.
2. Korean genetic \ cloning scientist
3. Faked twins for psych studies....
4. Piltdown man

We could do this all day...

So, it should be of no shock to anyone that due to money and political pressure that not every person working on the issue of global climate change is going to be entirely honest or even competant.

Obviously, the mono-party sheep on both sides will latch on to one flaw and ignore 50 accurate peer reviewed sources. The irony here being that they are looking at scientific findings in the most UNscientific way possible...cherry picking what fits their premise.

The pro-climate change extremists are certainly no better. Even rational objections are met with derision and insults which is NOT a way to conduct real science. History is full of mainstream science being partially right on a topic and tarring and feathering some "crackpot" only to see that person proven right later on.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
You're exactly right. Never trust anything that isn't from the Right, because the Left is controlled by Satan.
Smart people don't care about global warming anyway because soon Jesus gonna come to take all good people to hebbin.
Wow. I don't think you grasp how offensive of a post that is. I'm sure you consider yourself all smart and enlightened but you sound just like some redneck with a 9th grade education going on about moooslims.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, reality check time.

Anytime there is a major scientific topic it attracts MONEY. That money tends to corrupt *some* of the research since the scientists are not all uniform in skill and morality.

Examples:

1. Tobacco research scientists that long fought about smoking and health issues.
2. Korean genetic \ cloning scientist
3. Faked twins for psych studies....
4. Piltdown man

We could do this all day...

So, it should be of no shock to anyone that due to money and political pressure that not every person working on the issue of global climate change is going to be entirely honest or even competant.

Obviously, the mono-party sheep on both sides will latch on to one flaw and ignore 50 accurate peer reviewed sources. The irony here being that they are looking at scientific findings in the most UNscientific way possible...cherry picking what fits their premise.

The pro-climate change extremists are certainly no better. Even rational objections are met with derision and insults which is NOT a way to conduct real science. History is full of mainstream science being partially right on a topic and tarring and feathering some "crackpot" only to see that person proven right later on.
Exactly, but my problem is that this stuff is used for policies that have significant economic consequences. If they went with a minor and targeted carbon type of tax I would be more understanding of the concept of how to address a potentially significant issue. However, by this draconian and favoritism larded Cap & Trade proposal, I think they lose a lot of the potential legitimacy in their concerns.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:45 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
No, very interesting how the so-called enlightened and intellectual left blindly follows and accepts theories for political gain, without questioning, and how they dismiss and suppress evidence that shows their theory to be faulty or not completely correct. Then to add arrogance to naivety, the left calls anyone who dares to question or review new evidence as "ignorant" or "stupid."

Time and again, the left is show for what and who they are at heart. This is just one more example.
This touches on the point of my earlier post. People are reluctant to admit the fraud and deceit uncovered with the science behind the AGW debate, because it may mean the debate is over, and their side lost. There are people that will lose their jobs, pay fines, go to prison or lose all credibility in the science and academic community, because they participated in the fraud, or were benefiting from it in some way.

We have people on these forums that will only lose their "Global warming denier" club and maybe be forced to admit they were wrong, and they are remaining stubborn and defiant. You can only imagine how obstinate scientists, politicians and business owners will be when they stand to lose a fortune in money or lose their credibility in their professional, personal and public life.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, reality check time.

There is no requirement for you to check your morality or ideology at the door before you accept your PhD.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
well, the liberals did embrace al gore and his own brand of enviromentalism.

And the radical right still turns to Limbaugh for their science education.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies