Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:39 PM

624 posts, read 1,071,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What are you talking about?

I am FOR death penalty for terrorists and do not care if they starve to death.
Torture them and then execute them.
Really? You support torture for terrorists?

That's not very liberal of you. After all, what's a terrorist anyway? They can't be convicted of terrorism unless they have been represented by the finest ACLU attorneys, and the records and action of the US militery personnel have been thoroughly investigated, etc....

That's the liberal thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's not about the morality or what's right or wrong. How does government enforce a law prohibiting abortion. Can it be done with a small government? A big one? Any one at all?

That is why I am against banning abortion. I am much happier changing hearts and minds. I think the fact (if it is a fact) that it is difficult to get an abortion in 87% of the country is a much more pfrerable way to go. Make it very difficult to abort, make it eay to prevent pregnancy and easy to give up live babies. There are plenty of people who want them.

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Best way I've heard it said was conservatives want to protect the life of the innocent while liberals want to protect the life of the guilty.

So, the minute a baby is delivered conservatives consider it guilty? They sure as hell show NO interest in protecting that life!

3,565 posts, read 4,864,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Unlike liberals, who are pro death when it comes to the womb, but make sure Mr. Terrorist gets his meals in prison and gets the finest ACLU legal advisors.
Yup , they have the right for a fair trial and even food. Imagine that. Now get over it. That's why we don't call ourselves a 3rd world country.

Quote:
Liberals are the only hypocrits.

Examples -
claim to want to help the poor, YET, their personal contributions to charity are miserable. The chosen one barely gave 1% of his income.

claim to want freedom and equality for all, YET, can't wait to shake hands with and bow to the dictators and the opressive leaders of the world. Remember the chosen one, shaking hands with Hugo Chavez?
1. I'm pretty sure you have some proof for that, don't you?

2. Someone had to restore America's rep in the world after Bush ruined it. Funny, how does diplomacy equal hypocrits. Don't you see your own hypocrits?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
And Republicans are anti woman.

Well that is not nice we were having such a civil conversation for such a heated topic. That was so troll like to throw out an ad hominem like that . Shame on you.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, the minute a baby is delivered conservatives consider it guilty? They sure as hell show NO interest in protecting that life!

My goodness please support such a statement. I am not sure the pro abortion crowds solution of killing it is too supportive.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well that is not nice we were having such a civil conversation for such a heated topic. That was so troll like to throw out an ad hominem like that . Shame on you.
And using pro abortion is not very troll like, huh? Shame on you.

Quote:
Really? You support torture for terrorists?

That's not very liberal of you. After all, what's a terrorist anyway? They can't be convicted of terrorism unless they have been represented by the finest ACLU attorneys, and the records and action of the US militery personnel have been thoroughly investigated, etc....

That's the liberal thing to do.
I have some conservative beliefs. Sorry if that bothers you so much.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Pretty broad statement that all Repubs are Anti-Choice. I'm a moderate, voted Republican and I believe in:

Legalizing Pot and our drug war is a disaster.

Womans Right to choose

I've been involved with the Gay Rights Movement.

A lot of my conservative buddies feel the same way. Weird Huh ?
then why would you vote republican?

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
And Republicans are anti woman.
LV one of your worst posts. Most of us men are Pro-women, not sure what you mean.

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well a couple of points. It is consistent with the conservatives world view, less government intrusion. Less does not mean none as I explained above. So, as you imply, conservatives are not hypocritical for being for law and order (against murder) and for personal responsiblity.

Imply? BULL! According to current law abortion is clearly NOT murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies