Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Palin hunts and can dress a kill. So that makes her smoking hot in my book.
How funny. I was seriously just thinking to myself that I bet some of the male hunters and gun-owners on the board get a woodie when they see Sarah posing next to a dead moose or with a gun in her hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Palin hunts and can dress a kill. So that makes her smoking hot in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How funny. I was seriously just thinking to myself that I bet some of the male hunters and gun-owners on the board get a woodie when they see Sarah posing next to a dead moose or with a gun in her hand.
Let me hazard a guess: you don't hunt or own a gun.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
I do not find her attractive at all. There's something about her pinched, snarly nose that makes her whole face unattractive to me.

That said, I can certainly see her appeal, and on a general scale, she is certainly pretty. And taking the whole package into consideration, there's no question that some would find her "hot", even though I personally don't.

But this isn't really about whether or not we, personally, find her attractive. It's about her relative beauty in the world of politics, and whether that inspired the mass following she garnered, to the extent that, had she looked like Hilary Clinton, very few would've given a gnat's **** about her.

I would say her looks played a HUGENORMOUS role in her appeal. Had John McCain chosen someone who looked like Linda Lingle, he'd've lost even bigger than he did.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Let me hazard a guess: you don't hunt or own a gun.
Your hazarded guess is correct.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I will admit that I think Palin is absolute fox. She is gorgeous. Do you think she would be important if she was unattractive or just average with regard to her looks.
Margaret Thatcher, Jean Kirkpatrick......................

Old 12-04-2009, 07:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
I will admit that I think Palin is absolute fox. She is gorgeous. Do you think she would be important if she was unattractive or just average with regard to her looks.
w/o a doubt, how bout rosie o'donnell. that is the difference right, 100 lbs?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:42 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Margaret Thatcher, Jean Kirkpatrick......................
Margaret Thatcher went to Oxford. Kirkpatrick earned her PhD from Columbia and was a professor at Georgetown

Old 12-04-2009, 07:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
she's good looking but she's not "all that". Her lips look funny to me. to answer your question, no, I don't think people would pay her much attention is she was not good looking.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think she's attractive - very attractive for a politician - and no, I don't think she'd receive half the attention she's getting if it weren't for her looks. That's not a slam against her; I'm just stating what I believe is reality: Good looks make a difference.
You are very near right there but the wrong Obama is the President if you are very right. I don't mind Michelle, either.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
In answer to the OP's question, no not in the least. She would've been laughed off the political stage had she not been attractive. She has absolutely no intellectual substance and she'd still be hawking "news" stories were she more average looking...but even she's "too old" for that now.

Albright, Thatcher, Clinton, Merkel, et al...are average looking people. Politics aside, they are all extremely intelligent and highly educated women. Gov. Gregoire (WA) is a lovely older woman. No one ever remarks on how attractive she is. Again, there's an intellectual substance there. Talk of "purdiness" happens when there ain't nothing else.

Palin is average/pretty. She tells people what they want to hear. She's all about comfort. There's nothing "roguey" or challenging about that.

Looks..it's all Palin's got.
Have you heard her talk about Presidential things in the past year? It sounds as if you haven't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies