Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

"homogenized" by NOAA/GHCN at just ONE station to get the desired result, which also happens to jive very nicely with the CRU results.

Very detailed analysis of just how much these frauds have "adjusted" the raw data, based on what - we have no idea.

The Smoking Gun At Darwin Zero « Watts Up With That?

Quote:
What this does show is that there is at least one temperature station where the trend has been artificially increased to give a false warming where the raw data shows cooling. In addition, the average raw data for Northern Australia is quite different from the adjusted, so there must be a number of … mmm … let me say “interesting” adjustments in Northern Australia other than just Darwin.

And with the Latin saying “Falsus in unum, falsus in omis” (false in one, false in all) as our guide, until all of the station “adjustments” are examined, adjustments of CRU, GHCN, and GISS alike, we can’t trust anyone using homogenized numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 07:11 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
"homogenized" by NOAA/GHCN at just ONE station to get the desired result, which also happens to jive very nicely with the CRU results.

Very detailed analysis of just how much these frauds have "adjusted" the raw data, based on what - we have no idea.

The Smoking Gun At Darwin Zero « Watts Up With That?

Let me just make sure then.... If all this "Global Warming" stuff is a bunch of hooey, then it must be that the melting point of ice has changed?

Or are they doctoring that too and we aren't really losing any ice, or glaciers or anything? The Himalayas are imagining greater glacial melts than usual and Antarctic ice shelves are breaking off because of an over-zealous band of rogue penguins pecked too hard on the wrong spot and such?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:23 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
More fun stuff from the blog of a weatherman. Great source, sanrene.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I don't think so. I think all the penquins accidentally got in step and the vibration broke off the ice sheet.

The "adjustment" may have been due to a change in instrumentation and/or location. I do not know why the adjustment was made. Do you?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Let me just make sure then.... If all this "Global Warming" stuff is a bunch of hooey, then it must be that the melting point of ice has changed?

Or are they doctoring that too and we aren't really losing any ice, or glaciers or anything? The Himalayas are imagining greater glacial melts than usual and Antarctic ice shelves are breaking off because of an over-zealous band of rogue penguins pecked too hard on the wrong spot and such?
If it snows in early December in Houston does that mean global warming is not occurring? Obviously not because Houston is not the globe. Can't the same argument be made in reverse? Just because it may be warmer in the Antarctic does not make the warming "global."

And as to whether the Himalayas are losing more ice than usual is that really true? In the WSJ yesterday Bjorn Lomborg, the Danish climatologist (and global warming skeptic) addresses the claims that Mt Kilaminjaro has lost most of its snow because of global warming. He cites a 1984 study that demonstrated that the snows on the mountain have been receding since 1890 and that by 1936, when Hemingway published his "The Snows of Kilaminjaro," the mountain had lost more than half its surface ice area in the previous 56 years--more than it has lost in the 70 years since. But that hasn't stopped global warming alarmists from attributing the melting to human activity. Are we seeing the same agenda-driven hysteria at work in the Himalayas? Wouldn't you want to know the answer to that question?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:47 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
I saw an iceberg fall into the ocean. Global warming is reeeeeeeeeeeeal!!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:56 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post

Rhett, stop listening to reporters who are telling their own story and start looking at the facts.

the Himalayas are not losing ice mass, they are gaining. The Antarctic ice shelf is at its highest measurment since satalites started looking at it in the 1970s MORE ICE bro MORE not less.

the only ice melt has been ocean ice in the Arctic Sea and in the last 2 years, there has been a massive recovery.

SCIENCE DUDE SCIENCE.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
You guys are funny. You think weather patterns don't change ? You think one hot summer is the proof of global warming or one early snowstorm is proof of global cooling ?

How did the Ice Age happen ? What about the age of dinosaurs ?
The earth will change and no tax on earth can stop it. We need to learn to adapt to the subtle changes over time..not sign treaties in hopes of altering what Mother Nature is doing.

I think chemical pollution is a bigger threat to mankind if you ask me.
China river:

Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Rhett, stop listening to reporters who are telling their own story and start looking at the facts.

the Himalayas are not losing ice mass, they are gaining. The Antarctic ice shelf is at its highest measurment since satalites started looking at it in the 1970s MORE ICE bro MORE not less.

the only ice melt has been ocean ice in the Arctic Sea and in the last 2 years, there has been a massive recovery.

SCIENCE DUDE SCIENCE.
LOL!!! Well since I know that YOU aren't there, nor are you doing the measurements yourself, please...

1) Show me YOUR science that says any of what you claim here.

2) Since I'm sure you know I can find probably 100 articles and scientists claiming the opposite of what you say here for every one that you find, tell me why yours must be the right one?

Why is MY science biased and YOUR science the truth?

Kind of an Occam's Razor thing to me "DUDE". What's more probable?

1) That thousands of scientists from around the world who make $250K or less are trying to fool the world so that we'll fund continuing research on this "problem" and continue to listen to them.

OR

2) That big oil, coal and fossil fuel companies that rake in multi-TRILLIONS of dollars world-wide thanks to continuing use and exploration of the fossil fuels THEY PROVIDE have a few scientists and politicians in their pockets and are trying to get the world's population to take their collective eye off the ball regarding global warming because a shift away from fossil fuels will mark an end to the gravy train of their industry?

I mean seriously.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think chemical pollution is a bigger threat to mankind if you ask me.
China river:
Dear lord yes.... I don't disagree....

Some of this goes hand in hand though. The MOST contaminated watersheds in the US are coming out of the Appalachians for instance... Yes, those pristine mountain streams are toxic....

Why?

Waste from Coal Mining primarily.

Seems to me we could kill two birds with one in some places by HEAVILY regulating strip mining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies